forum

Jailed osu players

posted
Total Posts
show more
EneT

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

HAHAHAHA no, that's just the unrestricted internet access from a very young age.
Ah I see, ok, ok, ok.
Topic Starter
Joshiraku_old
"haha wow sure got that Joshiraku good haha just another day on the job Mark."
Trash Boat

Joshiraku wrote:

so like if this thread gets locked im gonna be pissed this is a quality thread
Sadly, thats up to us to decide that, not you.

Joshiraku wrote:

Anyways, i saw a bunch of threads about like "omg dead osu players lmao rip in peace" but I've never seen anybody ask the real questions

like has any osu player just snapped and like stabbed someone and is doing hard time

please say yes.
Maybe
Perhaps
Who knows
Topic Starter
Joshiraku_old

Trash Boat wrote:

Joshiraku wrote:

so like if this thread gets locked im gonna be pissed this is a quality thread
Sadly, thats up to us to decide that, not you.s

oh ok didn't know you were on the OT grand council that decides who lives and who dies
Trash Boat
Exactly. I am the white void, the cold steel, the just sword. With blade in hand I shall reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction!
Railey2

dNextGen wrote:

i dont think anyone in osu! has ever done horrific things except jacking off to 2D drawings (or even furies eww)
The following estimation doesn't consider gang-violence and war. With those, the number would be higher.

First off, we assume that only 1/3 of these accounts are actually valid. I just calculate with 6 million*1/3, because thats easier. You can calculate for every value you like though, the final percentage will be at the bottom.

Next, lets look at the rate of murders per 100000 people.
http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/VC.IHR.PSRC.P5
The US stands at 5 per 100k, while china, korea and Japan are very very low. Then we have a whole lot of european countries, that altogether average at maybe 2. Russia and Brazil that make up a good part of the playerbase, have 10 and 20 as average per 100k. Poor countries have higher rates, and those add up a lot here.
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/countryranking
Summa summarum, I'd estimate a total average rate of 3.5 murders per 100k people.

MAL has a 1:1.4 female:male rate. Since this game is heavily influenced by anime, I'll assume a similar rate here. I make it 1:1.5 for easier calculation.
This means that we can take off another 1/3 of our assumed murderer-quantity (most women that murder are actually murdering their own children. And yeah we barely have women with children here, look at the polls that follow). +1 for the one mother that murdered her child.

the userbase here is pretty damn young, I'd estimate that the average user here is about 16. (note, this is not the median, its the arithmetic mean)
http://strawpoll.me/3938943/r
http://poll.pollcode.com/21449825_result?v
Assuming that the there'll be very very few murders before the age of 16, and also given that we already subtracted females, we can take off another 1/4*2/3 (males age 16 and below). - 1/6.
and +1 for that one 15 year old who snapped.

Serial murderers make up below 1% of all murderers, so they are practically negligible. For the sake of it, I subtract 1 off the total value to do them justice.

So, where does this leave us?

2 million people, assumed rate of 3.5 murderers per 100k. That leaves us with a total of 70 murderers.
-1/6 & -1/3 for females and males of age 16 & younger leaves us with just 35.

now we add 2 for the one 15 year old that snapped and 1 for the 1 mother that snapped. Then we subtract 1 for the serial killer who killed 2 this year.

this leaves us with a total number of 36 murderers. OSU MURDERERS
(0.0018%)
balldoowell
I got grounded for pulling an all nighter watching oreimo on a school day
The Gambler

balldoowell wrote:

This deserves jail time
a1l2d3r4e5d6

balldoowell wrote:

People still get grounded in this day and age?
Bweh

Railey2 wrote:

(0.0018%)
That's pretty interesting, actually.

I wonder how many players are jailed for drug-related crimes now.
piruchan

Railey2 wrote:

-snip-
I'm impressed with all the calculation and stuff, but I have to ask this. Why? Don't you have anything else to do?

To OP: Once I let air got into a person blood flow, which could let to bad things.
Bweh
Why not man it's better than the last 200 posts I've seen
GSG95
I should be jailed for drugs.
Railey2

piruchan wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

-snip-
I'm impressed with all the calculation and stuff, but I have to ask this. Why? Don't you have anything else to do?
I think you overestimate how long something like this takes.

Also it's fun for me :c It's refreshing
Pituophis
I worked with and slept in the same room with someone who went to jail for raping some chick. Does that count?
There are many occasions where I could have gone to jail or even the brig when I lived on a ship. I'd rather go to jail than the brig. '~'
-SayaKai

GSG95 wrote:

I should be jailed for drugs.
balldoowell

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

What exactly has changed in the past decade that warrants grounding kids outdated?
EneT

balldoowell wrote:

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

What exactly has changed in the past decade that warrants grounding kids outdated?
Yeah you're right, what the hell?!! I still got grounded when I was younger, do people not get grounded anymore?
A1, what did your parents do to discipline you other than give you the belt?
When I was 15 I was grounded/banned from playing games and going out at night for 1 and a half years; they had the opposite effect as intended since I still did them anyway by sneaking out at night and led me to have a conniving part to my characteristic etc etc.
But the thing is, I'm an exception to a lot of things; absolutely no disciplining methods work on me because that's the kind of person I am. I don't like being held down and the only person that I will deem right is myself; the one person that has taught me and disciplined me is myself.
But for other people, most people, this is not the case; they need to be disciplined. So how does your parents discipline you?
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Don't get me wrong, I still received a grounding when I was around 10-11. My parents didn't enforce it though, they'd just put me in my room (where all of my stuff like toys, games, etc. were) and leave me there to do whatever, forgetting about it hours later.
This didn't mean that I wasn't punished by any other means, though. Earlier than that, around 4-6, I would sometimes get the belt, like what EneT said, or get hit multiple times with a either a hard leather slipper or a very big stick.
I just find grounding ineffective, but that's just my opinion based on past experiences. I also rarely see it these days, so I assumed that it's lost it's trend.
balldoowell
My dad hasnt beat me since I became taller than him lmao
Wojjan

balldoowell wrote:

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

oh idk

just this

yknow

this thing

the information age

it's like

y'know

a thing

im just as confused as you are rly

(a twitter is involved. ( :?: ) )
makemecool123
im not in the jail