forum

Please use mp3DirectCut to edit mp3s (lossless)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Intermezzo
It has come under my attention that mappers often turn up the volume of mp3's using tools like audacity. These tools cause quality degration of the music as the mp3 file needs to be re-encoded. Please use mp3DirectCut instead, which allows basic operations like cutting or turning up the volume without re-encoding.
Shohei Ohtani
Ok.
Xgor
mp3DirectCut is <3
Used it before I started on osu!
Glass
Thanks for this.
mm201
This blows the socks off Mp3 Splitter & Joiner. Thanks! :)
Krisom
How do I add the fade out =x?
inb4 omg read the faq
ok <_<, this is nice though <3
NaomiMinette
It's refusing to let me install it; I keep getting error messages. I even changed the path to install it and I still get them...

This is what shows up:

I've even tried changing the directory, but I still get error messages... :?
bleachisback

Blazevoir wrote:

It's refusing to let me install it; I keep getting error messages. I even changed the path to install it and I still get them...

This is what shows up:

[attachment=0:9d204]error messages.png[/attachment:9d204]
I've even tried changing the directory, but I still get error messages... :?
That's because they made a stupid feature in Vista that made it so you have to have Administrator permission to do anything (In this case, edit anything in programfiles). Try doing it in an Admin. account next time.
NaomiMinette
I AM an Admin on my comp.
EvianBubble
Blazevoir I'm getting the same problem as you, and I'm running Windows 7, AND I'm an admit D: Any help please?
Torran
Try turning off the User Account Control.
FireballFlame

soradg123 wrote:

Try turning off the User Account Control.
This has never solved a single problem on my computer. Besides, UAC is there for a reason.

Even if you're on an admin account, did you make sure to also give the program admin permissions?
Buckdida
I had the same problem installing. Just install it to your desktop first, then make a new file for the program and it's components and put it all in there. From there, you can move the folder containing the program to wherever else you want on your computer. You might need to make a new shorcut for the program though.
-Solaris-_old
Guys, even if you're a administrator, you got to "Run as Administrator". This is a basic rule to install programs in the computer.
BeatofIke
The only downside with mp3DirectCut is that you can't 'Nazi' Cut (Audacity can). Otherwise mp3DirectCut is good for everything else.
Gonzvlo
Outdated, you can find a more detailed explanation here t/84226 . However, moving Bliss' last post to that thread since it's useful.

Locking and changing to "Standard".