forum

Is alternating a good thing?

posted
Total Posts
show more
sLaiNi
I switched to full alternating after reaching 4.5 Star maps. I always thought that I should change to singletapping because I saw all the youtubers singletap. Thats why I thought alternating is inefficient.

Good to read that it's not like that.
pandaBee
The hardest part of alternating is doing single taps.
Deva

pandaBee wrote:

Do you even alternate?
pandaBee

HK_ wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

Do you even alternate?
yes maam
Deva

pandaBee wrote:

yes sir
Are you 200% sure?
pandaBee

HK_ wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

yes sir
Are you 200% sure?
for the past half year
Youre free to spec me anytime little lady
Deva
And you think that singles are hardest when alternating? Please explain.
pandaBee

HK_ wrote:

They are for me because I can either slow stream them relaxed which is very hard, or stiff finger tap them without the benefit of using my wrist which is also hard esp compared to singletapping with your wrist
Deva
Why not just singletap then?
Vuelo Eluko
alternating is bad
Endaris

Underscore_ wrote:

The way most people alternate, including Azer, has no benefits.
Alternating like SapphireGhost does, though.
what is the difference
KanoSet

pandaBee wrote:

true
chaee
Why would alternating be a bad thing? Ez streams, ez stacks. Alternating on single taps is just stupid imo, why would you do that to yourself ;w;
KanoSet

chaee wrote:

Why would alternating be a bad thing? Ez streams, ez stacks. Alternating on single taps is just stupid imo, why would you do that to yourself ;w;
cuz habits
chaee
I've tried alternating on single taps and it just feels awkward af
gregest

pandaBee wrote:

HK_ wrote:

They are for me because I can either slow stream them relaxed which is very hard, or stiff finger tap them without the benefit of using my wrist which is also hard esp compared to singletapping with your wrist
I barely alternated and I don't seem to have problems with singles so it's probably only you but maybe because of my weird playstyle
DeletedUser_3905941
if you have problems with full time alternating, you cant alternate simple
KanoSet

RedPanda wrote:

if you have problems with full time alternating, you cant alternate simple
so if i single tap single notes i'm playing with mixed style.. sounds op
DeletedUser_3905941
what
KanoSet
DeletedUser_3905941
sorry lol
Deva
There was a joke? Where?
KanoSet

HK_ wrote:

There was a joke? Where?
no bully pls
Mahogany
Alternating CAN be good but only if you're very good at it
pandaBee

CptBlackBird wrote:

I barely alternated and I don't seem to have problems with singles so it's probably only you but maybe because of my weird playstyle
Try alternating a high bpm map with a lot of single taps. It's like stiff tapping through a low bpm stream alternating. Not easy imo. I can stream at bpms much higher than I can sustain a stiff alternating single tap.

HK_ wrote:

Why not just singletap then?
Because I enjoy challenging myself and it helps me practice finger control more often. I might switch to single tap one day if I reach bpms that are too high for me to alternate at but that won't be for a very long time.

I'm thinking that when I'm playing at higher bpms I could alternate through bursts/streams and single tap my way through singletaps.
Nutella
I alternate, if you are down playing like crap for a while, go for it. It helps with speed but accuracy wise and finger coordination is absolutely hell until you master it. If you want accuracy go for single tap, easier to do so. You can reach the same level by alternating but you need time and dedication, even I mess up alternating after so many months.

Edit: alternating is also a way to cheat your single tap stamina (yes for lazy people like me)
Deva

pandaBee wrote:

Because I enjoy challenging myself and it helps me practice finger control more often. I might switch to single tap one day if I reach bpms that are too high for me to alternate at but that won't be for a very long time.

I'm thinking that when I'm playing at higher bpms I could alternate through bursts/streams and single tap my way through singletaps.
Then good luck with that. I think that you should settle with just one because why bother with both?
But doesnt everyone who singletapps do that?
meteor22
yamamesita is pretty good indeed
pandaBee

HK_ wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

Then good luck with that. I think that you should settle with just one because why bother with both?
But doesnt everyone who singletapps do that?
I am sticking to one. Doesnt mean I shouldnt consider other possibilities though. I think most non alts do zxz zxz instwad of zxz xzx. Might be wrong here.
Kradfiz
My playstyle is always alternate, even in slow singles. Is this weird?
Barusamikosu

Kradfiz wrote:

My playstyle is always alternate, even in slow singles. Is this weird?
No, pretty much all of my 10m+ hits are from alternating low BPM.
Ketsakura

Khelly wrote:

I alternate sliders.
I do what senpai does ^_^
Infevo
I don't care what anyone says, to me it is the best playstyle in terms of fun. Also I think it challenges your coordination a little further which helps with more complex patterns.
Vali

HK_ wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

able to start on either finger.
I actually had to learn this.
Same. I'm still in the process. learning what finger to start a burst with is not an option. You have to learn to be able to start it with either one which is not easy.
Yuudachi-kun
I still haven't learned that
OzzyOzrock
i have no idea how people single tap everything so i just instinctively alternate everything ;__;
KanoSet

Khelly wrote:

I still haven't learned that
KatamaNoBaka
Stream wise yes.

When it comes to maps like image material yes, you could probably pass those fast 260bpm singles.

Yes alternating is a good thing.