forum

Is alternating a good thing?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[- Rubik -]
Hi everyone c:

I just wantet to make this topic too see you guys opinions on alternating instead of singletapping.

I have seen that Azer alternates when he plays so yea.. what do you guys think? >u<
repr1se
I try singletapping. It's more comfortable for me that way. Alternating is too inaccurate (since it's slow alternating). I don't do that unless I'm doing streams.
Yuudachi-kun
I alternate sliders.
Deva
Its much better than singletapping but its also much harder to learn and master so thats why you see so many people singletapping.
Endaris
Well.
It's not a bad thing to say the very least.
I'm full alternating and I think I'm keeping myself from thoughts like "should i singletap or alternate this?" "which finger do i start with?" "zxz zxz or zxz xzx?" The path in my brain is clear.
That's an obvious pro along with increased speed on singles but there are obvious cons as well.
It takes a good amount of time to have your fingers being in perfect sync and it's harder to convert feedback on hitting too early/late to your fingers but you can learn it. Just takes a lot of time but it takes a lot of time to git gut at osu! anyway so it's k.
ZenithPhantasm
Alternating reduces reading strain but increases acc strain.
Barusamikosu
Alternating is fine if you're willing to play with it long enough. If a bad player like me can occasionally get sub-100 UR then accuracy isn't an issue for the most part.
silmarilen
yamemasita alts, azer alts, zeluar alts (i think?)

judge for yourself if it works or not
Acuiasa
I used to singletap, I tried making a switch at alternating, at first it was very inconsistent, but once I improved I found myself able to clear songs a lot easier then I could before.
Vuelo Eluko

silmarilen wrote:

yame singletaps
with 2 hands
ZenithPhantasm

Riince wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

yame singletaps
with 2 hands
pandaBee
I think it's great, forces you to learn good finger control and it's probably a lot easier to switch to singletapping from alt than it is the other way around, not to mention if you do it properly you should have increased stamina when doing bursts/streams and be able to start on either finger.
Deva

pandaBee wrote:

able to start on either finger.
I actually had to learn this.
DeletedUser_3905941
insert how well i can alternate here

just play the game
Acuiasa

RedPanda wrote:

insert how well i can alternate here

just play the game
RedPanda's right.
Deterioration
The way most people alternate, including Azer, has no benefits.
Alternating like SapphireGhost does, though.
Topic Starter
[- Rubik -]

Acuiasa wrote:

I used to singletap, I tried making a switch at alternating, at first it was very inconsistent, but once I improved I found myself able to clear songs a lot easier then I could before.
Yeah I have also been feeling that way lately c:
B1rd
Alternating is good, it gives you better finger control and allows you to play more maps.
GSG95
Alternating is bae.
I Give Up
Don't think. Push button. Believe.
show more