Play Time: 01:05
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.36 stars, 70 notes)
  2. Normal (4.02 stars, 108 notes)
  3. Hard (4.87 stars, 181 notes)
Download: Sonic The Hedgehog - Carnival Night Zone Act 1
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I wasn't quite sure what to do with this Beatmap. After the half way point the song loops, so I only did the first half of the song.

Adding other difficulties now. Awaiting feedback.

Edited: Changed couple things Dakeyrus mentioned on Hard.

Edited: Added in some graphics + increased circle size and decreased drain rate and overall difficulty

Edited: Offsets changed, BMP for Hard changed.
ROMaster2
Osu server error (I think), try reuploading again.
awp

MaybeLater_x wrote:

This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 18 June 2008 at 22:55:58

MaybeLater_x<b>[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice</b>: in file <b>/var/www/web/osu-bmsubmit-getid2.php</b> on line <b>345</b>: <b>move_uploaded_file(maps/Sonic The Hedgehog - Carnival Night Zone Act 1 (MaybeLater_x) [Hard].osu) [<a href='function.move-uploaded-file'>function.move-uploaded-file</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied</b><br />
<b>[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice</b>: in file <b>/var/www/web/osu-bmsubmit-getid2.php</b> on line <b>345</b>: <b>move_uploaded_file() [<a href='function.move-uploaded-file'>function.move-uploaded-file</a>]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpn1gVkz' to 'maps/Sonic The Hedgehog - Carnival Night Zone Act 1 (MaybeLater_x) [Hard].osu'</b><br />
move failed<b>[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice</b>: in file <b>/var/www/web/osu-bmsubmit-getid2.php</b> on line <b>345</b>: <b>move_uploaded_file(maps/Sonic The Hedgehog - Carnival Night Zone Act 1 (MaybeLater_x) [Hard].osu) [<a href='function.move-uploaded-file'>function.move-uploaded-file</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied</b><br />
<b>[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice</b>: in file <b>/var/www/web/osu-bmsubmit-getid2.php</b> on line <b>345</b>: <b>move_uploaded_file() [<a href='function.move-uploaded-file'>function.move-uploaded-file</a>]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpRSBy2q' to 'maps/Sonic The Hedgehog - Carnival Night Zone Act 1 (MaybeLater_x) [Hard].osu'</b><br />
move failed
Well that's interesting. I take it you didn't read the announcement and did a Standard Submission.
Topic Starter
MaybeLater_x
Bump.

I think I've finished tinkering and adding difficulties and such now.
Any feedback?
Dakeyrus
Hmm, this is a pretty damn good map. A little boring graphics wise (Hint, hint), but pretty solid nonetheless :). I'd like to see a background and some custom colours!

Only a couple spacing issues I've noticed, but not *technically* wrong I don't think. I'm just being picky:

00:26:65 - (1,2,3,4,5) - The green ones, (3) is spaced furthur away from the rest of them but the timing is consistent all the way through. I'd consider moving it on the grid to a bit closer. Might need to up your grid level for this, not sure what you've got it set at.

This happen for a lot of those streams from that part to about 00:33:14. Take a look and you'll see what I mean. Like I said, not sure the spacing is WRONG, just picky :C.

00:43:55 - (1,2) - (2) has a very close hit timing to the end of (1), should be closer.

I loved the triplets at the end. Good job man. Very good map. Looking forward to the other difficulties.
Dakeyrus
Hmm that was odd, I only got Hard Mode when I downloaded. Just noticed there are 2 other difficulties. My feedback from before was for Hard, I'll go over the rest in a bit. Just heading into town for a couple hours, remind me when I get back if you're around :)
peppy
Pretty cool map.

I would suggest increase the circle size on hard 1 notch, and decreasing overall difficulty.... and drain rate :P. At the moment those difficulty settings are really drawing attention away from the difficulty of the actual beat placement in the map.

Starred
Topic Starter
MaybeLater_x
Fixed up all pointers; added custom spinner, background image and colour sets for all 3 difficulties.

Dakeyrus wrote:

Hmm that was odd, I only got Hard Mode when I downloaded. Just noticed there are 2 other difficulties. My feedback from before was for Hard, I'll go over the rest in a bit. Just heading into town for a couple hours, remind me when I get back if you're around :)
I should hope there isn't a problem with normal/easy being downloaded... everything's had a full submission now so I should think that it would all work fine. Maybe it was just a one-off.

Thanks for the feedback btw. :] Much appreciated.
Dakeyrus
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
MaybeLater_x
I agree, the spinner is ugly. :lol: That's what happens when you leave me to do the graphics.
Do you think I should take the spinner out and just leave it as the default?
Tapdancingmetroid
The beatmap looks great. I couldn't find any problems. :3
Whether or not you want to keep the spinner is up to you.
*bubbled
machol30
This is one my favorites. I didn't find anything wrong with it either.
except... Easy: 00:39:24: needs break.

I'll give you this time to get of the spinner if you want before it's ranked.

Also, you should know, I've already mapped a remix of this here. :P
Gemi
The spinner looks good imo. Life drain is pretty heavy, but it's ok too. The timing seems to be a bit off. I had to click just a little too early, probably 3-6ms. Fix that and I'm ok with the map.
Saturos
Offset 4340. Change the BPM in Hard to 109.98 to match Easy and Normal. Currently it's at 109.95 for some reason. Resnap with 1/4 divisor and switch to 1/6 to fix that final stream at 01:03:81 (2,8).

Dropping to star for now.
Topic Starter
MaybeLater_x
I've decided I'm going to keep the spinner in because it doesn't look quite as bad I originally thought it did. :P

As requested, a break has been added for the easy difficulty.
Hard's BMP has been corrected and the notes have been resnapped.
All offsets have been adjusted.

Is everything all right now?
:idea:
Topic Starter
MaybeLater_x
Just bumping to check this is okay.
:arrow:
Topic Starter
MaybeLater_x
Bump. :]
Saturos
Hmmm, I need to remember to mod stuff I've commented on.

Looks good. Bubbled.
Topic Starter
MaybeLater_x
Bumping.
:oops:
Topic Starter
MaybeLater_x
Re-bumped.
i'd like to get this ranked...
:?
Fraeon
Spacing, BPM and offset seem fine. I guess this'll do.