forum

Summer 2015 Anime First Impressions Chart

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rio-
Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai - I don't think this series will be that great in the first-place, but at least i can understand some of the dirty jokes on it (and I love Manzai-type series, so I think I'll give this blue for now).

Charlotte - Interesting First Episode (MC is being a dick in the first half of episode... But the story kinda interest me later and i want to know how it'll turn out next). Will stay tuned for next episodes.

To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd - Same ol' Stuff and #censoring2stronk. Graphics are a little bit off than the last season but i don't say that i don't like it. Good first episode (also OP-theme by Ray <3)

Joukamachi no Dandelion - Seems a pretty generic series here imo. Decently-animated & nice characters for the first-episode. Comedy is good at least.

Working!!! - Looks good I think. Tbh I haven't watched the first & second season of Working yet. So I think I'll watch the previous seasons first and continue with this. But yeah, it's actually a good first episode.
blissfulyoshi
Bikini Warriors: Yay! Low budget fanservice!

Million Doll: I actually found this view on idols and fans fairly nice, but the animation budget and singing leave too much to be desired to hold my attention.
xxdeathx
Jitsu wa watashi wa - Seems like a really low budget, low effort production where art style and voice acting are concerned. They don't know about "show, don't tell" when it comes to the main character's trait. Couldn't count the amount of times they explicitly said he can't lie or keep a secret. Was planning to forget about this show but the last few minutes were decent (except the incompetent main character's stuttering and reactions). See how it turns out as it goes on.
Green Platinum
Sore ga Seiyuu!: The only Seiyuu series I've enjoyed is Koe de Oshigoto and I think it will stay that way for a while yet. Nothing special here.

Million Doll: With the constant inflow of idol animes anything related to idols has big shoes to fill. Especially with Aikatsu!, Symphogear, Cinderella Girls and Miss Monochrome this season. Of course this offers a different perspective by choosing the fans to focus on, I feel it may get a bit preachy about how a fan should be.
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
For those who have colours with their impressions if you have any cares then check the chart. I should have updated everyone aside from bliss :U However I feel I may have put some stuff in the wrong place.
Green Platinum

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

I should have updated everyone
I believe I gave Bikini Warriors gold :^)
EneT
Gold should count as best anime of the season, or maybe year.
Navizel
Million Doll - What's with the CGs recently? They're horrifying. Also bad songs and voices for an anime focused on idols.

Himouto! Umaru-chan - A sixteen year-old throwing a tantrum and acting like a spoiled brat are a turn off.

edit: @Kyonko, I think you missed this post. p/4316763
EneT
Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan:
Generic anime about magic filled with generic voice actors, generic cliches; boring, uninteresting plot and a bland main character. I have spotted 2 characters with side pony tails though and that is enough to make me watch a bit more.

Aoharu x Kikanjuu:
I like the main character and the concept is interesting enough.
Green Platinum

EneT wrote:

Gold should count as best anime of the season, or maybe year.
Announcing that based on the first few episodes is just hasty though, that's why I don't colour anything in this thread. Bikini Warriors however...
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara

Navizel wrote:

Million Doll - What's with the CGs recently? They're horrifying. Also bad songs and voices for an anime focused on idols.

Himouto! Umaru-chan - A sixteen year-old throwing a tantrum and acting like a spoiled brat are a turn off.

edit: @Kyonko, I think you missed this post. p/4316763
I did miss that one ;A; And EneT's above yours. Those are all good now.

Green Platinum wrote:

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

I should have updated everyone
I believe I gave Bikini Warriors gold :^)
Nigga gold ain't a colour for this chart :U
Green Platinum

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Nigga gold ain't a colour for this chart :U
xxdeathx
Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan - Generic as fk but I have to give them credit for the crashing into someone at a corner with toast in her mouth scene. Brings back memories since it's been a surprisingly long time since I've last seen one. Also wondering why everyone's calling the dude a traitor, thought I missed something.

oh Kirito's voice actor is the main character, no surprises there
Navizel
Kuusen Madoushi Kouhousei no Kyoukan - Yet another generic light novel adaptation. It wasn't even trying to stand above the others; it's just fine being a mediocre trash. The bland main character is also voiced by the guy who voiced Kirito. How bad and generic can this show get. Speaking of bad, the animation quality is horrendous especially during the intro of the story. I swear. These subpar light novels should just die.

Ushio to Tora - I have mixed feelings towards this show. It was fun to say the least.

Gatchaman Crowds Insight - Better than the first season. Also another Hanazawa Kana yess

Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou - Centorea a best. Another bias. Though if you're going to do a fanservice anime, at least be good(?) at it.

To-Love Ru Darkness S2 - It's pretty much the same thing all over again, including the light beams. It's either you hate the series or love it. Either way, Rito is still shit. Oh and I'm with the former. Not Hanakana bias here.
xxdeathx
Bikini Warriors - Truly a masterpiece, I will never forget this glorious work of recent times.

Overlord - This is quite something. It seems like the game has been slowly dying for a long time and finally shut down at a point years after the MC's guild had died off, hence the emptiness and possible disrepair of the whole place. It gives off a bleak feel that really fits the mood of a game whose players are all gone except for one. I really want to see what happens with this.

Classroom Crisis - Kinda hard to follow the hostage situation and they're leaving out too many details about who exactly the hostage is (why he's so special) and what happened to the kidnappers. Gonna stick with it a little longer if I can.
blissfulyoshi
Overlord: I love this series so much, but the anime's animation left a lot to be desired. I also felt they didn't always pick the most opportune times to explain the reasoning behind the mc's actions (they mainly explained the results after he did something, not why he thought about doing such a thing in the first place), making the mc not seem as intelligent. Also, I always imagined him calling his old clanmates in a angry yet sorrowful voice displaying his loneliness, oh well, difference in interpretation.
Green Platinum
Himouto! Umaru-chan: When I saw the title I thought the H was from Hime instead of Hikikomori or something... I was also expecting a short 5 minute show but the episode went on and on. This series doesn't even have the gap-moe it strives for. A colossal waste of time.

To-Love-Ru Darkness 2: I was waiting to see if there would be an uncensored version but it seems they love their Blu-ray sales too much for that. Being so far into the series a review wont mean much by I really didn't like the part of the manga this series will cover. For just the first episode reintroducing the cast was especially forced.

Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan: It's like they got every popular show of the last 2+ years and smashed it together without any regard for how the result would look. I am very likely going to hate this.
Scarlet Devil_old_1
With an ever-growing backlog of anime/manga/light novels to do, and judging by the summer line-up. I think I have more than enough time to catch up on them. This season doesn't appeal to me that much.

Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou: Which I first saw this, I thought god has answered my prayer to bless us with a good monster girl anime. . . Well, it has monster girls. . . and generic harem tropes. I guess I'll keep praying for that Monster Girl Quest anime.

Working!!!: I honestly didn't expect a third season, I hope it does more character development.

Gangsta.: Oh boy, another anime that I was going to read the manga to! I'm still going to read the manga!

I have feelings that Kangoku Gakuen is going to be disappointing, considering the fanservice (heavy censorship inbound~) , but I can't resist seeing Hanazawa Kana and Hiroshi Kamiya play my two favorite characters. . .
Haruto
Aoharu x Kikanju : I thought The main Character is a Boy, but the truth is the character is a Girl. lol. i guess this is a nice anime for this season. it has comedy on it, that will not make people bored to watch it, but i Dont like the OP & ED they have here. I Still have to Follow the Story line of this anime if i have more Time to Spend., btw, I Wonder why is the voice actor for Hotaru is Same with Tsugumi's Voice actor... So I Searched the Voice actor on MAL ... the result is, it is same :U. lol

Gangsta : Hmm, i will say, the Opening of the Anime is Quite Nice, but i Dont like the First Part of the anime, when there's a Girl and... ugh i forget, lol. Graphic of the anime seems Nice For me, Storyline ... Based on the Title i think :U. not Much to say in this anime, Still have to Follow the Storyline of the anime here.

Classroom Crisis : Tbh its just a Boring Anime for me. I Still dont get it, what are they Talking about in the first Part and Suddenly it change to another situation where there's a Girl Riding a "Modern Bike" i guess?.lol, I just Confused with this part. For the Other Parts, it was Quite Nice for me. Graphic For the Anime seems Nice Too. i Will Watch this anime a little longer to Completely understand the Story line, i guess. I Dont have much Time to Spend ;w;, busy IRL
DakeDekaane
Oh, the time has came.

Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: I've watched last 2 seasons and enjoyed them, so this was a must. I'm kind of worried a bit about what's going to be with he story, but regardless, we have a weekly dosis of Mizuki Nana.

Overlord: So there goes another MMORPG anime, but this time without players! (but only one, apparently?). That the game keeps going on after the supposed shut down makes no sense tho, but let's see what happens next.

Monster Musume: My guilty pleasure, I think. I expected the fanservice ammount overtaking the comedy part, but I guess I can endure the animation. (I'll just skip the Centorea episodes, idk).

Dragon Ball Chou: Satan got a nice tanning.

Gangsta.: The animation looks good enough and did a good work presenting the MCs and the environment? (that's how it's called?), overpowered MCs as hell, but who cares, they're badasses. I'm surprised there was THAT scene.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa: Oh please, the colours strike me so hard even when I'm often unaware of how good/bad they are. Plot kind of called me, but it just hit my eyes... hard.

Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace: Nope. I like crazy, airheaded, odd? MCs, but this one is sick, and not in the good sense.

Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai: I don't remember the last time I watched an ecchi labeled anime and didn't drop it/cringed because it was just boobs or insinuating scenes here and there. Also it had somehow funny stuff, my laughs were legit. yay?

Rokka no Yuusha: I'm not too much into cocky MCs, but the story seems entertaining and the battle scene was impressive, so yeah, keeping my eye on this.
- Yuuto -
First Impression : Gangsta - GG badass, I can't wait for even more ...

Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai : What the heck did I just watch?

Ushio to Tora : I thought twice to watch it. and it was surprisingly good, funny MC that made me laugh out loud...

Ranpo Kitan : I like mystery. This was pretty good, but not good enough, I still don't get the sense. Let's see what will happens in the ep2.

Chaos Dragon : Don't tell me this is will be the same as Akame ga Kill.

Joukamachi no Dandel : I've a bit fetish to a tsundere, so I liked it. Although their entire family is makes no any sense.

Aoharu x Kikanjuu : A boy plays an airsoft gun-- Oh no wait, it's a girl. Well nice animation also the fight scenes. Hope it won't disappoints me.

Non Non Biyori Repeat : Somebody gives me Tissue.

Gate : No no, this really is no sense.
Navizel
Suzakinishi the Animation - Yet another unfunny short featuring lolis. Also, what the fuck that ending.

Danchigai - Yet another unfunny short featuring lolis. Also, an elder sister, an imouto, and an incest.

Gakkou Gurashi - Yet another unf- what the fuck that ending. Anyway, the slice of life part made me laugh. I'm also intrigued by the ending. I didn't read the synopsis so I was shocked.
Green Platinum
Don't use ice on a burn, use luke-warm water.

Danchigai: Another short one one that does nothing to keep viewers interested at all.

Gakkou Gurashi!: Another slice of life with no personality. Even with the life at school club angle the series insists on plots that could be do with any iteration of a SoL. until that ending, I don't know what to think.
xxdeathx
Gakkou Gurashi - didn't read the manga, didn't know anything going into it. was getting real tired of the moe slice of life shit chasing the dog around the school for most of the episode, but the zombie thing really drew my attention. hopefully they'll explain why they're living in the school and what yuki's problem is.
blissfulyoshi
Working!!!: More of the same, not that it is a bad thing

Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan: Did you know, lighting effects work a lot better when the screen is not 90% blurry. Also low tension cliche jokes usually aren't funny.

Sore ga Seiyuu!: While informative, low budget animation and repetitive jokes really hurt the show too much.
EneT
Gakkou Gurashi!:
Was pretty sub-par until the end of the episode. Interesting twist and looking back at certain parts of the episode you pick up on a lot of things you may have not noticed and not found weird the first time round. This aspect can keep me busy during the 'fantasy', moe parts of the anime.

Kangoku Gakuen Prison School:
Pretty funny. Nothing much to say; animation is pretty good, the faces, Hiroshi Kamiya voicing the main character; that's a check for me. Honestly, I thought I was watching a Shaft anime at first but the animation in this isn't as stagnant as most animes made by Shaft. I like this one.
Green Platinum
So much green for Gakkou Gurashi. It had 20 minutes dull repetitive SoL and 2 minutes of 2 twist where not much happened still. I can't really visualise a way the series can operate without still becoming largely cliché. Still if you love 20 minutes of mediocrity to around 2 minutes of being phenomenal. You'll love precure.
Navizel
cause it's loldeep psychology xDD
xxdeathx
Prison School - hated it for similar reasons as Gangsta. To me, I just watched an episode about five dudes condemned to a ridiculous prison in school and getting repeatedly assaulted and treated like shit by various terrifying characters. I can't see what part of this is remotely funny or amusing in any way—just cruel and unusual punishment that was painful to watch.
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
Kangoku Gakuen Prison School: This is something that you can't like if you watch it seriously. The animation isn't really that bad and damn those faces. I feel like I have to take it the way I do a hentai almost lol
Green Platinum
Prison School: Meh I tread the middle ground on this. Wasn't particularly funny or as abusive as xxdeathx suggests. I don't expect to get any good reasoning from this series either. It's like deadman wonderland except it knows it's place.
Rio-
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou - Monster version of To LOVE-Ru imo. I can't really say anything much for this series because it was quite the same as the manga can explain. But I enjoyed it and also I like the Graphics and It's OP/ED aswell.

Gakkou Gurashi! - wtf with that twist at the end. 18 minutes of laughable moe slice-of-life at first, but then all of sudden it turned 180 degree... Maybe I'll read the manga aswell because this series really caught my attention now.

Overlord - Villain-like MC is a something new to me and the series is enjoyable too. Going to watch the next episode definitely.
blissfulyoshi
Danchigai: A decently animated short, but it wasn't really fun to watch.

Prison School:
While I don't reading the manga so much, some of the actions in the show are sort of cringeworthy to watch. However, I can't deny that they animated this decently.

Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou:
A simple lighthearted humorous start to this fanservice heavy show. If you fanservice humor, it does the job......
Green Platinum
Anyone else find Takanashi's sisters to be the least enjoyable part of working!?
Navizel
It's Inami.
sovy
Terrible season. Only things worth giving a shot are probably Gangsta and Dragon Ball. Not even Durarara.

You can throw everything else straight to the trash.
EneT
God Eater:
This Anime will suffer from poor character development like every game to anime adaptation. Also, as someone who has never played the games, I felt the anime failed to provide any decent form of backstory to the world and so, I didn't really understand any of the 'hype' the anime was trying to build up throughout the duration of the episode. Animation was okay, I like the pasty look that it has but it seems that that is the only unique feature this anime has so far.
Scarlet Devil_old_1
Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai: I was actually looking forward to this when I heard of the LN (That's not translated)

Prison School: I'm liking the adaption so far though the second half of the episode felt oddly paced, I guess they wanted to introduce the UGSC in one go. The only thing I didn't like is within three minutes I already see censors and they're not subtle... I'm scared to see how much is censored judging what happens in the manga. I guess I'll wait for blu-rays. ;___; Hana best girl~
Green Platinum

Sovyat wrote:

Terrible season. Only things worth giving a shot are probably Gangsta and Dragon Ball. Not even Durarara.

You can throw everything else straight to the trash.
This whole year has been a disappointment.

Charlotte episode 2 pretty much showed not to have high expectations.

Introducing magic into Symphogear was the dumbest decision they could have made. Lets also talk about how bad Chris is at singing.

Glad they are doing something with the head in Durarara but expected better than fights between yanderes.
DakeDekaane
Charlotte: Blah. I watched this too see what was the hype about, but the only appealing point it has it's the visuals, premise is kind of dumb to take it as "serious" as it seems to be.

God Eater: Nice visuals again (as expected), animation looks kind of choppy sometimes, but doesn't feel that bad given the colouring style. The story (if there's one?) seems a bit rushed, but as expected from a game adaptation.

Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Sen'eki Nice spoilers.
show more