forum

[Archived] osu! starts lagging whenever i move my mouse fast

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bladesu
Problem Details:

Whenever I move my mouse fast the game starts lagging (literally going down to like 3 FPS) if I move it super slowly the fps doesn't drop that much but still does a little. This problem doesn't occur when i move the cursor with my tablet and the game runs silk smooth. The problem occurs on both stable and cutting edge versions of the game for me. It's not that bad on stable but still occurs.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Kind of hard to capture on video.

osu! version: 20150629cuttingedge
Trosk-
Well, if it lags while using your mouse and not while using the tablet, maybe it could be because of the polling rate, since almost all tablets run at 125~ Hz.
Which is the polling rate that your mouse is using? Can you try to drop it a bit?
Topic Starter
Bladesu

Trosk- wrote:

Well, if it lags while using your mouse and not while using the tablet, maybe it could be because of the polling rate, since almost all tablets run at 125~ Hz.
Which is the polling rate that your mouse is using? Can you try to drop it a bit?
Yeah dropping it to 500hz seems to help. But it's still a bit laggy if playing. If i turn it all the way down to 125 there's no lag and it's silk smooth... But i don't want to stay on 250hz or 125hz polling rate... Any ideas on what i can do? I can only change the polling rate from 1000hz to 500hz to 250hz to 125hz.
VeilStar
What's your CPU? While a higher polling rate does cause a higher CPU load, it should never be drastic enough to cause anything even close to this.

Edit: Do you happen to be on a mac?
Topic Starter
Bladesu

VeilStar wrote:

What's your CPU? While a higher polling rate does cause a higher CPU load, it should never be drastic enough to cause anything even close to this.

Edit: Do you happen to be on a mac?
No, I'm on a quite good custom built windows 8 PC. Here's the specs:
abraker
Doesn't happen on my end. On cutting-edge press ctrl+F11 such that a graph shows up on the bottom right and post a screenshot shortly after it lags.
Topic Starter
Bladesu

abraker wrote:

Doesn't happen on my end. On cutting-edge press ctrl+F11 such that a graph shows up on the bottom right and post a screenshot shortly after it lags.
Here's two I took:
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3326235
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3326238
abraker
Uh that's new ._.
I think we will need to wait for a dev to take a look at it.

Meanwhile, mind taking a screenshot of the max polling rate of you mouse next to raw input (might take several tries)? like so:
Topic Starter
Bladesu

abraker wrote:

Uh that's new ._.
I think we will need to wait for a dev to take a look at it.

Meanwhile, mind taking a screenshot of the max polling rate of you mouse next to raw input (might take several tries)? like so:
Hmm... while using raw input and flinging my mouse around it occasionally doesn't lag at all but then comes back randomly. Seems like this happens more occasionally on the main menu than on the map selection screen or while playing a map.

I made two screenshots one where it lags and one where it doesn't:

No lag: http://a.rfl.pw/ymsqxguqch.png
Lag: The picture would be pretty much same as the nolag one because the screen freezes. I managed to see it say the latency was 38ms for a second but couldn't capture it
VeilStar
Possibly driver related.

Does your mouse use fancy non-generic drivers? If so, have you tried uninstalling these and see if it makes a difference?
Also, have you tried closing down any and all background processes that aren't required for your PC to operate properly? Does that make a difference?
SlateDave
Hey,

I have the exact same problem. When I move my mouse to fast the game becomes laggy. If I turn the polling rate on my Logitech G502 to 125 it stops. I have a good PC with a GTX 1080 and a Ryzen 5 1600. This also happens on osu!lazer. My drivers are fully up to date.
Thecoolcatgamer

SlateDave wrote:

Hey,

I have the exact same problem. When I move my mouse to fast the game becomes laggy. If I turn the polling rate on my Logitech G502 to 125 it stops. I have a good PC with a GTX 1080 and a Ryzen 5 1600. This also happens on osu!lazer. My drivers are fully up to date.
same im on mac i use the same mouse i think. i wish i wont have to play with lag so much more!