forum

Birthday Supporter

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +75
show more
abraker

benguin wrote:

but I'll be free to play all day on the 12th. So on the 12th, I'd activate my Birthday Supporter and it'll start a 24-hour countdown. At the end of those 24-hours, Birthday Supporter disappears.
Not a bad thing, but I wonder who will be that person to not play osu! for 10 years and then log on to get 10 days of supporter.
PieInOblivion

abraker wrote:

Not a bad thing, but I wonder who will be that person to not play osu! for 10 years and then log on to get 10 days of supporter.
What about an expiry date? Like 3 months or something? Or a max amount of Birthday Supporter Tokens (Idea Alert)?
GhostFrog

PieInOblivion wrote:

abraker wrote:

What about an expiry date? Like 3 months or something? Or a max amount of Birthday Supporter Tokens (Idea Alert)?
Having an expiry date sounds good, but 3 months is way too long imo. I'd prefer something like a week so you're actually using it around the time of your birthday and not just waiting for a day you can be on 24 straight hours :p Would suck for someone who's away for an entire week around the time of their birthday but....meh, it's just one day of supporter anyway.
PieInOblivion

GhostFrog wrote:

Would suck for someone who's away for an entire week around the time of their birthday but
I think for someone who gets an entire freakin week on holidays because its their birthday doesn't need 'FREE' Osu! Supporter. But some people do, so maybe if its your birthday, the next time you log on for more than 5min it auto activates?
Stefan
With the current settings this feature is impossible to add without abuses. And the effort to change these things for such a little feature doesn't looks profitable to me. Not a bad idea but not that great to add in osu!.
PieInOblivion

Stefan wrote:

With the current settings this feature is impossible to add without abuses. And the effort to change these things for such a little feature doesn't looks profitable to me. Not a bad idea but not that great to add in osu!.
I see what you mean when you say "Without Abuses".

Well then... Guess that's the end of that.
RIP peoples stars.
Rilene

PieInOblivion wrote:

I see what you mean when you say "Without Abuses".

Well then... Guess that's the end of that.
RIP peoples stars.
There's still a way, I guess.

I wrote:

Lock changing birthday date once their birthday date has passed.
The only best way in my opinion.
PieInOblivion
It's as Stefan said:

Stefan wrote:

the effort to change these things for such a little feature doesn't looks profitable to me.
I'ts not happening... Sadly, but I get his point.
Kibbleru
irc has a set number of name colours so that wont be possible.
also i dont really support this either :/

imo just have friends gift eah ofher supporter for birthday q:
Topic Starter
Muzika
I guess. Oh well, let's have this thread die unless people have ideas or whatever. :p

~Graveyard Bump

EDIT: I was actually just gifted osu!supporter by [Kitty], so I'm SUPER fine with this request dying. :D
Bara-
You could also not post, so it'll NOT get noticed (any)more
You could ignore it since I believe it wasn't even on 1st page
Topic Starter
Muzika

baraatje123 wrote:

You could also not post, so it'll get noticed more
You could ignore it since I believe it wasn't even on 1st page
Wait, a topic not in the first page gets noticed more? What kind of backwards part in the forums universe am I in?
Bara-
Forgot the word 'not'
Orz, too tired to type correctly
Gravey-
The main purpose of osu!supporter will be ruined. . . i guess
OsuMe65

[GraveChaos] wrote:

Users these days...

This request defeats the osu! Supporter's purpose tbh. Totally agree with that quote, thanks.
-Atri-
I don't think that will be useful, since 24 hours is too short to enjoy all the features of supporter...
CrushyGreenRen

Muzika wrote:

Sirade wrote:

I don't think the name should be "Birthday Supporter" since they didn't support, so it really doesn't make sense.

I just don't know a perfect name for this, can someone perhaps help suggest a good name?

Or... Is it good as it is?
It can be Birthday Tag.
Rilene

[GraveChaos] wrote:

OsuMe65 wrote:

This request defeats the osu! Supporter's purpose tbh. Totally agree with that quote, thanks.
But it would be like a good demo for people who concern to buy stuffs online unless they try it.

Imagine that you walk past a french sweets stall on a street, you never tasted any french sweets and there are no free samples for you to try.

You probably won't buy it, same as well with osu!supporter, one day should be "ok" if there are no features as I said in the first page.

KuranteMelodii wrote:

I don't think that will be useful, since 24 hours is too short to enjoy all the features of supporter...
Not all the features or else there will be chaos about free user pages.
- Sugoi Sugoi -
Nope, It can be exploited and 'Supporter' means that you're supporting osu! I don't think someone that gets it for free is a 'Supporter' Maybe if it's someone's birthday they can have a certain colour in chat.
Gravey-

PeroO wrote:

Nope, It can be exploited and 'Supporter' means that you're supporting osu! I don't think someone that gets it for free is a 'Supporter' Maybe if it's someone's birthday they can have a certain colour in chat.
Lol having a certain colour different from normal users/GMTs/Supporters just because of birthday is very impossible.
Topic Starter
Muzika
Sorry for doing this, but.. I just can't not come back to the thread I abandoned.. right? Please don't tell me I'll be penalized for bringing this up again.

RdManebog wrote:

Sirade wrote:

I don't think the name should be "Birthday Supporter" since they didn't support, so it really doesn't make sense.

I just don't know a perfect name for this, can someone perhaps help suggest a good name?

Or... Is it good as it is?
It can be Birthday Tag.
Actually, I should've said that. Well, there's no way I can change the title anymore now, can I?

[GraveChaos] wrote:

PeroO wrote:

Lol having a certain colour different from normal users/GMTs/Supporters just because of birthday is very impossible.
Why would it be impossible? I don't get how irc works. Explain please >_> (Actually, maybe you can just link me to some wiki page or straight out tell me to google, I don't think we can talk about stuff like that here, unless it's not off topic?)

P.S. I'm sorry for wasting your stars.. qwq

P.P.S Um, necro bump?
DahplA
I don't agree with this personally. Even though it could be a good idea to have some sort of birthday present, I don't think supporter is the right thing. I mean, there could be a chance that less people will buy supporter or something, which could lead to less money to keep osu! running.

Good idea, but just not supporter.
Bara-
You can still edit title
Just edit OP
Also, 30 days is nowhere close near a necro-bump, that mostly applies for thread >2 years ago
Brandiz
Good idea, 24hours of supporter isn't that big of a deal. You only have one birthday per 365 days so I don't really think this is OP.
Remyria

Sirade wrote:

Would be nice, as long as it has something listed below.

- No userpage feature.
- No increased beatmap submission.
- No vote request.
- No skin-able main menu background.
- No change names.
- No access to early releases.

The reason of these no's?
Well, because birthday always last 24 hour, it is a bad idea to reward with these above which last for a long time.

- Colored name, which isn't bright yellow or any existing color, to differentiate from current supporters.
- Access to osu!direct.
- Ability to view specifics ranking.
- Automatic downloads when playing multiplayer, spectating others, or clicking links in chat. (likely not to be added)

Important things that needs to be aware of- Restrict the birthday editing (of course, it'll have to be decided by someone's who better than me), or else it'll be heavily abused.

Why not skinnable background? it would just be seen by them for that 24 hours. if your supporter tag runs out, you can't see anymore that custom BG menus.
Piine
To be honest at the end of the day, this would be a no. If you want one day of hopefully getting supporter, is when peppy decides on doing so which is usually on an anniversary day of osu!
Rilene

Remyria wrote:

Why not skinnable background? it would just be seen by them for that 24 hours. if your supporter tag runs out, you can't see anymore that custom BG menus.
Oh well, you're right, but still, I'm not sure is it ok for a one-day background? I guess majority of players would not put a background because one-day background isn't worth it.

Unless there's a background bundled with the game that activates only on birthday then it's nice to be added so.
Halogen-
This can be very badly abused, being that a person's birthday can be changed infinitely. Couldn't a user just continue to increment their birth date to maintain the free supporter status? I mean, I'm sure that there is a way to circumvent that from happening internally -- with that being said, I don't think this is the best of ideas.
Rilene

Halogen- wrote:

This can be very badly abused, being that a person's birthday can be changed infinitely. Couldn't a user just continue to increment their birth date to maintain the free supporter status? I mean, I'm sure that there is a way to circumvent that from happening internally -- with that being said, I don't think this is the best of ideas.

There's a way, which is restrict birthday date changing once the birthday has passed, just a way to stop abuse.
Seijiro
Just throwing in an idea which popped up in my mind while reading this.
Considering the fact that a 24h supporter is kinda useless and it could be easily abused if not controlled properly, I'd rather have a special "welcome theme" the first time you open osu on your birthday singing for you.
I know this is a bit silly, but it could be a nice alternative and some users may find it heart warming (like saying "osu! cares about you <3", or something like that xD).

As a solution for the correct "date" we could add a box into the options to input our birthday. This data will be stored locally on our pc (maybe someone doesn't want to make it public on their profile for whatever reason) and it will be asked just once to avoid abusing it (even if it doesn't really hurt anyone if someone just wants to hear that welcome more often, but I'd rather keep it for the right day only to make it more special :) )

Probably this is already a different request, but anyways...
huu

Sirade wrote:

Would be nice, as long as it has something listed below.

- No userpage feature.
- No increased beatmap submission.
- No vote request.
- No skin-able main menu background.
- No change names.
- No access to early releases.

The reason of these no's?
Well, because birthday always last 24 hour, it is a bad idea to reward with these above which last for a long time.

- Colored name, which isn't bright yellow or any existing color, to differentiate from current supporters.
- Access to osu!direct.
- Ability to view specifics ranking.
- Automatic downloads when playing multiplayer, spectating others, or clicking links in chat. (likely not to be added)

Important things that needs to be aware of- Restrict the birthday editing (of course, it'll have to be decided by someone's who better than me), or else it'll be heavily abused.
Just like everyone else, I heavily disagree with "no skinable main menu background".
What's the harm of a simple main menu background?
Rilene

Iffy-Chan wrote:

Just like everyone else, I heavily disagree with "no skinable main menu background".
What's the harm of a simple main menu background?
Well, I actually mean that it isn't worth it, the 24 hour background.

I'm not against, but it is just like not worth it for one day background, unless there's a automated background for a birthday then it should be worth it.
orza6006
How about when you open osu! on your birthday, you get a mashup of "circles!" and "happy birthday" as the main menu theme
OzzyOzrock

orza6006 wrote:

How about when you open osu! on your birthday, you get a mashup of "circles!" and "happy birthday" as the main menu theme
ha ppy birthday
Rilene

OzzyOzrock wrote:

orza6006 wrote:

ha ppy birthday
Creative.
Kzl
How about Birthday Tag ?

1. Different colour name tag, not bright yellow.
  2. Access osu!direct for 24h
  3. Ability to view specific ranking
  4. Birthday tag on his/her profile for 24h
Aaron Hagger

_Kzl wrote:

How about Birthday Tag ?

1. Different colour name tag, not bright yellow.
  2. Access osu!direct for 24h
  3. Ability to view specific ranking
  4. Birthday tag on his/her profile for 24h
I think this is perfect.
Aurele
Seems impossible to me since we manually set our birth date on our profile. It would have been possible if at the registery site we had to set it, so it would never change.

However, I can see people overusing this function and create multiple accounts for the pleasure of having a free 24h Supporter "tag".
Rilene

Gabe wrote:

Seems impossible to me since we manually set our birth date on our profile. It would have been possible if at the registery site we had to set it, so it would never change.

However, I can see people overusing this function and create multiple accounts for the pleasure of having a free 24h Supporter "tag".
Lock the birthday date once the birthday has passed to prevent abuse.

But not sure about multiple accounts for this feature since that is possible and is hard to be prevented.
Aaron Hagger
Maybe the birthday has to be at least 3 months away from when you made the account? Someone before said a year before, that seems like a decent amount of time. Waiting at least 3 months for 1 day supporter would deter a lot of people from multiaccounting I'm pretty sure.
show more