forum

Birthday Supporter

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +75
show more
abraker

Muzika wrote:

Just ONCE in their entire osu! lifetime.
That one day I will be away celebrating irl
Rilene

Muzika wrote:

Maybe not every birthday, then. Just ONCE in their entire osu! lifetime.

Is that good? no one gets mad or anything?
lol, plz, i don't think they'll play osu for their entire day, many would celebrate irl like abraker said.
Niroe
Or u can change the date of ur birthday at any times, but after the day of supporter is used, u will to need to wait 365 days MINIMAL for having again the birthday gift
abraker

Niroe wrote:

Or u can change the date of ur birthday at any times, but after the day of supporter is used, u will to need to wait 365 days MINIMAL for having again the birthday gift
I think then it would lose its meaning. To pick a random date to receive a supporter just feels like a give-away.
Niroe

abraker wrote:

Niroe wrote:

I think then it would lose its meaning. To pick a random date to receive a supporter just feels like a give-away.
Just i dont see the utility to change your birthday date, just wait more after the 365 days ? I think thats make the abuse impossible
abraker
Eh... Now that I think about it, it's the same solution from a different perspective. Whatever interpretation suits the others I guess.

Sirade wrote:

Lock changing birthday date once their birthday date has passed.
Niroe
Mine better cuz if u try to sneak the system, the system fcku u
AyyAyye
A good idea might be to players who have previously been support?
FrenzyLi

baraatje123 wrote:

Well
What about current supporter?
It feels a shame that non-supporters get a gift, while supporters don't
In that sense, supporters are having SUPER-BIRTHDAYS everyday. Being "Supporter" with all those features not given to regular Birthday users is in itself a great gift. :D
Shiyzo

baraatje123 wrote:

Well
What about current supporter?
It feels a shame that non-supporters get a gift, while supporters don't
They get +1 day more of supporter tag?
abraker

Shiyzo wrote:

Nah, then give them an extra day of supporter to start with.

Supporters can get 10 free kudosu on their birthday?
Bara-

abraker wrote:

Shiyzo wrote:

Nah, then give them an extra day of supporter to start with.

Supporters can get 10 free kudosu on their birthday?
No
Kudosu need to be earned
I almost have 210 kudosu, and I think it's bad if everyone gets 10 if they are a supporter
Cause kudosu are only for helpful people
On the other hand, you can see supporters as helpful (to peppy) so this might be an option
I still think this should not happen
Play 18 years, and you can join BNG (okay, you need to be an active modder, but my point stands still though)
GhostFrog
If someone is already a supporter, just extend their supporter tag by 1 day on their birthday.

This seems like a pretty good idea to me. It's good for players because they get free stuff and I would expect it to be good for peppy because allowing more players to sample supporter is likely to cause more people to actually buy it - I first got supporter because someone gifted me a month of supporter once and when it ran out I liked it too much to not renew it D:

Abuse by changing your listed birthday can be avoided pretty easily by only allowing this to trigger once per year per player.
Vanilla
You play osu, on your birthday?
wow.
such a nerd
btw
no, because why yes.
If you want supporter just buy IT.
Rilene

DDashiEE wrote:

You play osu, on your birthday?
wow.
such a nerd
btw
no, because why yes.
If you want supporter just buy IT.
Well, I do play osu! on my birthday, many would do but not for entire day, maybe around few hour or morning till afternoon.

And about *birthday supporter*... You know, many people don't have access to credit cards because of STRICT parents, mostly because parents who are scared of BEING SCAMMED or doesn't allow to waste money just for games, so you can't just expect players to buy supporter.

And having this would be nice demo for someone who's thinking to buy supporters.
PieInOblivion
Like the idea,
But there would have to be someway of proving its your ACTUAL Bday.
Otherwise people could change their birthday everyday and get free supporter.

I like the 'Special' colour idea.
And maybe a different colour for those who are supporters and have a birthday?

Like the idea, but I think that actual supporters get a bit left out of this because they wouldn't be getting more features.
Cool idea though!
Bara-

PieInOblivion wrote:

Like the idea, but I think that actual supporters get a bit left out of this because they wouldn't be getting more features.
Cool idea though!
This is also my major concern, but on the other hand, it's said it'll be to show non-sups what it's like to be supporter so they might buy it more sooner or something like that
In that case, it's actually rather nice
Rilene
I think player (in their birthday date) should have a lime name on the chat, both supporter and non-supporter.

And maybe extend their supporter day by 1 day for current supporter, this would do in my opinion.
Topic Starter
Muzika
Oh wow, I didn't check this for like 1 week.

What if, the birthday supporter (think of better names maybe? :P) will only go down in time while you're currently in-game? that's what makes it a bit more special than "regular" supporter.

Or.. is that unfair?
benguin
I noticed one of the issues is that some people would rather celebrate their birthday irl on the day of their birthday. I think a good compromise would be to make 24-hour Birthday Supporter (pls someone come up with a better name) something that you get on your birthday but you can activate it at your convenience.

So for example, my birthday is July 10th. So on July 10th, I'll obtain Birthday Supporter and I have the choice to activate it whenever. Maybe I'll be busy irl for birthday stuffs on July 10th and 11th, but I'll be free to play all day on the 12th. So on the 12th, I'd activate my Birthday Supporter and it'll start a 24-hour countdown. At the end of those 24-hours, Birthday Supporter disappears.
Topic Starter
Muzika

benguin wrote:

I noticed one of the issues is that some people would rather celebrate their birthday irl on the day of their birthday. I think a good compromise would be to make 24-hour Birthday Supporter (pls someone come up with a better name) something that you get on your birthday but you can activate it at your convenience.

So for example, my birthday is July 10th. So on July 10th, I'll obtain Birthday Supporter and I have the choice to activate it whenever. Maybe I'll be busy irl for birthday stuffs on July 10th and 11th, but I'll be free to play all day on the 12th. So on the 12th, I'd activate my Birthday Supporter and it'll start a 24-hour countdown. At the end of those 24-hours, Birthday Supporter disappears.
Or that. My idea above this post was kinda stupid and should've thought about yours.. :p
PieInOblivion

benguin wrote:

but I'll be free to play all day on the 12th. So on the 12th, I'd activate my Birthday Supporter and it'll start a 24-hour countdown. At the end of those 24-hours, Birthday Supporter disappears.
This makes a lot of sense.

And for actual supporters, it would just add the Green/Lime NameTag, and then simply add a day to their current paid supporter status/time left.
That would work, It would be nice!
abraker

benguin wrote:

but I'll be free to play all day on the 12th. So on the 12th, I'd activate my Birthday Supporter and it'll start a 24-hour countdown. At the end of those 24-hours, Birthday Supporter disappears.
Not a bad thing, but I wonder who will be that person to not play osu! for 10 years and then log on to get 10 days of supporter.
PieInOblivion

abraker wrote:

Not a bad thing, but I wonder who will be that person to not play osu! for 10 years and then log on to get 10 days of supporter.
What about an expiry date? Like 3 months or something? Or a max amount of Birthday Supporter Tokens (Idea Alert)?
GhostFrog

PieInOblivion wrote:

abraker wrote:

What about an expiry date? Like 3 months or something? Or a max amount of Birthday Supporter Tokens (Idea Alert)?
Having an expiry date sounds good, but 3 months is way too long imo. I'd prefer something like a week so you're actually using it around the time of your birthday and not just waiting for a day you can be on 24 straight hours :p Would suck for someone who's away for an entire week around the time of their birthday but....meh, it's just one day of supporter anyway.
PieInOblivion

GhostFrog wrote:

Would suck for someone who's away for an entire week around the time of their birthday but
I think for someone who gets an entire freakin week on holidays because its their birthday doesn't need 'FREE' Osu! Supporter. But some people do, so maybe if its your birthday, the next time you log on for more than 5min it auto activates?
Stefan
With the current settings this feature is impossible to add without abuses. And the effort to change these things for such a little feature doesn't looks profitable to me. Not a bad idea but not that great to add in osu!.
PieInOblivion

Stefan wrote:

With the current settings this feature is impossible to add without abuses. And the effort to change these things for such a little feature doesn't looks profitable to me. Not a bad idea but not that great to add in osu!.
I see what you mean when you say "Without Abuses".

Well then... Guess that's the end of that.
RIP peoples stars.
Rilene

PieInOblivion wrote:

I see what you mean when you say "Without Abuses".

Well then... Guess that's the end of that.
RIP peoples stars.
There's still a way, I guess.

I wrote:

Lock changing birthday date once their birthday date has passed.
The only best way in my opinion.
PieInOblivion
It's as Stefan said:

Stefan wrote:

the effort to change these things for such a little feature doesn't looks profitable to me.
I'ts not happening... Sadly, but I get his point.
Kibbleru
irc has a set number of name colours so that wont be possible.
also i dont really support this either :/

imo just have friends gift eah ofher supporter for birthday q:
Topic Starter
Muzika
I guess. Oh well, let's have this thread die unless people have ideas or whatever. :p

~Graveyard Bump

EDIT: I was actually just gifted osu!supporter by [Kitty], so I'm SUPER fine with this request dying. :D
Bara-
You could also not post, so it'll NOT get noticed (any)more
You could ignore it since I believe it wasn't even on 1st page
Topic Starter
Muzika

baraatje123 wrote:

You could also not post, so it'll get noticed more
You could ignore it since I believe it wasn't even on 1st page
Wait, a topic not in the first page gets noticed more? What kind of backwards part in the forums universe am I in?
Bara-
Forgot the word 'not'
Orz, too tired to type correctly
Gravey-
The main purpose of osu!supporter will be ruined. . . i guess
OsuMe65

[GraveChaos] wrote:

Users these days...

This request defeats the osu! Supporter's purpose tbh. Totally agree with that quote, thanks.
-Atri-
I don't think that will be useful, since 24 hours is too short to enjoy all the features of supporter...
CrushyGreenRen

Muzika wrote:

Sirade wrote:

I don't think the name should be "Birthday Supporter" since they didn't support, so it really doesn't make sense.

I just don't know a perfect name for this, can someone perhaps help suggest a good name?

Or... Is it good as it is?
It can be Birthday Tag.
Rilene

[GraveChaos] wrote:

OsuMe65 wrote:

This request defeats the osu! Supporter's purpose tbh. Totally agree with that quote, thanks.
But it would be like a good demo for people who concern to buy stuffs online unless they try it.

Imagine that you walk past a french sweets stall on a street, you never tasted any french sweets and there are no free samples for you to try.

You probably won't buy it, same as well with osu!supporter, one day should be "ok" if there are no features as I said in the first page.

KuranteMelodii wrote:

I don't think that will be useful, since 24 hours is too short to enjoy all the features of supporter...
Not all the features or else there will be chaos about free user pages.
show more