forum

Birthday Supporter

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +75
Topic Starter
Muzika
..Is there a format to requesting? Oh well.

A person who logs in on their birthday gets 24 hour supporter from that time. This can probably be exploited somehow, but.. I'll leave that problem to other people.

Thoughts? :)
Rilene
Would be nice, as long as it has something listed below.

- No userpage feature.
- No increased beatmap submission.
- No vote request.
- No skin-able main menu background.
- No change names.
- No access to early releases.

The reason of these no's?
Well, because birthday always last 24 hour, it is a bad idea to reward with these above which last for a long time.

- Colored name, which isn't bright yellow or any existing color, to differentiate from current supporters.
- Access to osu!direct.
- Ability to view specifics ranking.
- Automatic downloads when playing multiplayer, spectating others, or clicking links in chat. (likely not to be added)

Important things that needs to be aware of- Restrict the birthday editing (of course, it'll have to be decided by someone's who better than me), or else it'll be heavily abused.
Karuta-_old_1
I think there can be some conditions

like the person needs to have played osu! for more than one year
and without those features Sirade pointed out

Oddly, I don't think anyone has suggested this before
abraker
Wow never even expected something like this! In addition to the conditions made by the others, the birthday date should be locked after 1 time putting it in. Have a note saying that this is the user's final choice before accepting it. Besides that, I expect a lot of supporter tags mysteriously show up on 1/1 since that's most people lie to (which isn't a bad celebration for New Year).

This is also a neat teaser/demo for non supporters XD
Topic Starter
Muzika

Sirade wrote:

Would be nice, as long as it has something listed below.

- No userpage feature.
- No increased beatmap submission.
- No vote request.
- No skin-able main menu background.
- No change names.
- No access to early releases.

The reason of these no's?
Well, because birthday always last 24 hour, it is a bad idea to reward with these above which last for a long time.

- Colored name, which isn't bright yellow or any existing color, to differentiate from current supporters.
- Access to osu!direct.
- Ability to view specifics ranking.
- Automatic downloads when playing multiplayer, spectating others, or clicking links in chat. (likely not to be added)

Important things that needs to be aware of- Restrict the birthday editing (of course, it'll have to be decided by someone's who better than me), or else it'll be heavily abused.
I like this. I think the color should be.. maybe, Lime, if it isn't used? :)

Karuta- wrote:

I think there can be some conditions

like the person needs to have played osu! for more than one year
and without those features Sirade pointed out

Oddly, I don't think anyone has suggested this before
Right? I searched the forums before posting this.. it was flooded with stuff like osu! greeting you happy birthday.

abraker wrote:

Wow never even expected something like this! In addition to the conditions made by the others, the birthday date should be locked after 1 time putting it in. Have a note saying that this is the user's final choice before accepting it. Besides that, I expect a lot of supporter tags mysteriously show up on 1/1 since that's most people lie to (which isn't a bad celebration for New Year).

This is also a neat teaser/demo for non supporters XD
Honestly, I suggested this due to me getting no special reward or anything on all the games I play on my birthday (June 26 :P)

Though.. a lot of the events happening on those games are mysteriously June 26.. HMMMM

And now, if this ever gets implemented, I hope I get even just 1 hour of supporter. I miss osu!direct so much.
Bara-
Well
What about current supporter?
It feels a shame that non-supporters get a gift, while supporters don't
Bauxe
I feel like this has been suggested, and denied, in the past.

I disagree with it though.
OzzyOzrock
Current supporters already have "the gift of knowing you're supporting osu!" ;)
Rilene
I don't think the name should be "Birthday Supporter" since they didn't support, so it really doesn't make sense.

I just don't know a perfect name for this, can someone perhaps help suggest a good name?

Or... Is it good as it is?
drum drum

Bauxe wrote:

I disagree with it though.
majority of the birthday suggestions are just messages

they mentioned chat color for birthdays in p/455740 though
FrzR

Bauxe wrote:

Yep. That's right. (although it was a long time ago but I can't remember much lolol)

I'm not really into this idea. Like you can just set you can just reset your birthday anytime to "cheat" for a supporter tag or extension. Sure, it could work like it only gives supporter once per year no matter how much you change it but it's kind if impractical imo.
Topic Starter
Muzika

Sirade wrote:

I don't think the name should be "Birthday Supporter" since they didn't support, so it really doesn't make sense.

I just don't know a perfect name for this, can someone perhaps help suggest a good name?

Or... Is it good as it is?
It was just for topic title's sake. Feel free to think up of another name :P

Well, one of the limits could be you had to play osu! for a year, and.. you're playing osu! so.. that's kind of supporting it?

I'm not sure how it would work with register date and birthday date being different for the 1 year play before birthday supporter comes into effect, though..

Fr33z3R wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

Yep. That's right. (although it was a long time ago but I can't remember much lolol)

I'm not really into this idea. Like you can just set you can just reset your birthday anytime to "cheat" for a supporter tag or extension. Sure, it could work like it only gives supporter once per year no matter how much you change it but it's kind if impractical imo.
ohai durr, freezer. Long time no see :)

One of the limits would be you could only set your birthday ONCE in your entire osu! life.. or maybe show some kind of age verification like birth certificate? maybe? ._.
FrzR

Muzika wrote:

One of the limits would be you could only set your birthday ONCE in your entire osu! life.. or maybe show some kind of age verification like birth certificate? maybe? ._.
yo.

It's not that easy for everyone to just post or submit their birth certificate just because of a membership for 24 hours. :/
Topic Starter
Muzika

Fr33z3R wrote:

Muzika wrote:

yo.

It's not that easy for everyone to just post or submit their birth certificate just because of a membership for 24 hours. :/
Hey, some extreme people could get a "free" 24 hour membership, since peoples have no moniez. Like me..
FrzR

Muzika wrote:

Hey, some extreme people could get a "free" 24 hour membership, since peoples have no moniez. Like me..
This game isn't a charity project so yeah.

I'll probably stop at this point to not make this thread feel bad
Rilene
Probably the best way is to...

Lock changing birthday date once their birthday date has passed.

This feature would be a nice supporter demo for non-supporters.
Bara-
Well
Most 'extreme' players get gifted supporter a lot
I would not be durprised if Hvick has supporter for the rest of his life
And next life
And the life afterwards

Yeah, some people (like me) sometimes give supporter to friends, or to players they admire
XinCrin
Nice idea, the user could get osu!direct for one day only imo
Topic Starter
Muzika

Fr33z3R wrote:

Muzika wrote:

This game isn't a charity project so yeah.

I'll probably stop at this point to not make this thread feel bad
Nah, don't worry about it. I like criticism c:

baraatje123 wrote:

Well
Most 'extreme' players get gifted supporter a lot
I would not be durprised if Hvick has supporter for the rest of his life
And next life
And the life afterwards

Yeah, some people (like me) sometimes give supporter to friends, or to players they admire
What I mean by "extreme" are people who are crazy enough to post a picture of their birth certificate and send it to peppy, or someone. :p

XinCrin wrote:

Nice idea, the user could get osu!direct for one day only imo
24 hours is one day, right? :?

Sirade wrote:

Probably the best way is to...

This feature would be a nice supporter demo for non-supporters.
Maybe not every birthday, then. Just ONCE in their entire osu! lifetime.

Is that good? no one gets mad or anything?
abraker

Muzika wrote:

Just ONCE in their entire osu! lifetime.
That one day I will be away celebrating irl
Rilene

Muzika wrote:

Maybe not every birthday, then. Just ONCE in their entire osu! lifetime.

Is that good? no one gets mad or anything?
lol, plz, i don't think they'll play osu for their entire day, many would celebrate irl like abraker said.
Niroe
Or u can change the date of ur birthday at any times, but after the day of supporter is used, u will to need to wait 365 days MINIMAL for having again the birthday gift
abraker

Niroe wrote:

Or u can change the date of ur birthday at any times, but after the day of supporter is used, u will to need to wait 365 days MINIMAL for having again the birthday gift
I think then it would lose its meaning. To pick a random date to receive a supporter just feels like a give-away.
Niroe

abraker wrote:

Niroe wrote:

I think then it would lose its meaning. To pick a random date to receive a supporter just feels like a give-away.
Just i dont see the utility to change your birthday date, just wait more after the 365 days ? I think thats make the abuse impossible
abraker
Eh... Now that I think about it, it's the same solution from a different perspective. Whatever interpretation suits the others I guess.

Sirade wrote:

Niroe
Mine better cuz if u try to sneak the system, the system fcku u
AyyAyye
A good idea might be to players who have previously been support?
FrenzyLi

baraatje123 wrote:

Well
In that sense, supporters are having SUPER-BIRTHDAYS everyday. Being "Supporter" with all those features not given to regular Birthday users is in itself a great gift. :D
Shiyzo

baraatje123 wrote:

Well
They get +1 day more of supporter tag?
abraker

Shiyzo wrote:

Nah, then give them an extra day of supporter to start with.

Supporters can get 10 free kudosu on their birthday?
Bara-

abraker wrote:

Shiyzo wrote:

Nah, then give them an extra day of supporter to start with.

Supporters can get 10 free kudosu on their birthday?
No
Kudosu need to be earned
I almost have 210 kudosu, and I think it's bad if everyone gets 10 if they are a supporter
Cause kudosu are only for helpful people
On the other hand, you can see supporters as helpful (to peppy) so this might be an option
I still think this should not happen
Play 18 years, and you can join BNG (okay, you need to be an active modder, but my point stands still though)
GhostFrog
If someone is already a supporter, just extend their supporter tag by 1 day on their birthday.

This seems like a pretty good idea to me. It's good for players because they get free stuff and I would expect it to be good for peppy because allowing more players to sample supporter is likely to cause more people to actually buy it - I first got supporter because someone gifted me a month of supporter once and when it ran out I liked it too much to not renew it D:

Abuse by changing your listed birthday can be avoided pretty easily by only allowing this to trigger once per year per player.
Vanilla
You play osu, on your birthday?
wow.
such a nerd
btw
no, because why yes.
If you want supporter just buy IT.
Rilene

DDashiEE wrote:

You play osu, on your birthday?
wow.
such a nerd
btw
no, because why yes.
If you want supporter just buy IT.
Well, I do play osu! on my birthday, many would do but not for entire day, maybe around few hour or morning till afternoon.

And about *birthday supporter*... You know, many people don't have access to credit cards because of STRICT parents, mostly because parents who are scared of BEING SCAMMED or doesn't allow to waste money just for games, so you can't just expect players to buy supporter.

And having this would be nice demo for someone who's thinking to buy supporters.
PieInOblivion
Like the idea,
But there would have to be someway of proving its your ACTUAL Bday.
Otherwise people could change their birthday everyday and get free supporter.

I like the 'Special' colour idea.
And maybe a different colour for those who are supporters and have a birthday?

Like the idea, but I think that actual supporters get a bit left out of this because they wouldn't be getting more features.
Cool idea though!
Bara-

PieInOblivion wrote:

Like the idea, but I think that actual supporters get a bit left out of this because they wouldn't be getting more features.
Cool idea though!
This is also my major concern, but on the other hand, it's said it'll be to show non-sups what it's like to be supporter so they might buy it more sooner or something like that
In that case, it's actually rather nice
Rilene
I think player (in their birthday date) should have a lime name on the chat, both supporter and non-supporter.

And maybe extend their supporter day by 1 day for current supporter, this would do in my opinion.
Topic Starter
Muzika
Oh wow, I didn't check this for like 1 week.

What if, the birthday supporter (think of better names maybe? :P) will only go down in time while you're currently in-game? that's what makes it a bit more special than "regular" supporter.

Or.. is that unfair?
show more