forum

Fanzhen/HW style recommendations

posted
Total Posts
show more
ithgyu
How do you fk up reading by playing different maps lol, i play so much skystar and hollow wings but my reading is fine. Plus i find that these maps are the most fun in the game, but idk i like crazy shit
Vuelo Eluko
don't group mappers like hw and skystar with my fanzhen
they aren't similar in style
repr1se

The Gambler wrote:

True, but it isn't gonna get better with the current mapsets I'm playing (mostly Fycho, captin1, Laurier and Satellite maps)
If you limit yourself to those four then of course you won't get better. I play spam maps, but maps like Skystar/HW shitmaps do more harm than good.

B1rd wrote:

Reading is all about reading weird slider spam. Those mappers are great for training reading.
We'll have to disagree here. Guessing SV and grotesque patterns is never fun. Getting used to the 1% that is Skystar/HW will fuck up your 98% of actual maps.

The remaining 1% is Andrea.
B1rd
I meant it isn't
ithgyu

Riince wrote:

youre right they actually know how to place notes correctly so that the result isnt stupid awkward jumps; in other words, they actually know how to map the style that they are trying to map
chainpullz
If the map doesn't go wubwubwubwubwub or wooshwooshwooshwooshwoosh it has a hard time keeping my attention after a long day of work.
Vuelo Eluko

II Jelli II wrote:

Riince wrote:

youre right they actually know how to place notes correctly so that the result isnt stupid awkward jumps; in other words, they actually know how to map the style that they are trying to map
dude you know fanzhen is only one person right? what's all this 'they' stuff?

must be australian english at work
ithgyu
.low quality bait
B1rd
You're the one with the low quality bait. Those 3 all have good maps but Fanzhen's are probably the most consistently high quality. Some HW maps are alright, but others are very awkward to play.
Bara-
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/115193

Hav fun, Skystar, HW, Fanzhen (LKs and Flower)
dung eater
ithgyu
Skystars new maps are amazing whilst many of his other maps are complete garbage. Hollow wings has genryuu kaiko which is enough to make him amazing. Fanzhens maps have awkward kick sliders. Just compare Skystars move that body for Fanzhen, it's a clusterfuck but it still plays nicely unlike Fanzhen as his retarded kick slider jumps
repr1se

II Jelli II wrote:

Skystars new maps are amazing whilst many of his other maps are complete garbage.
They're not amazing. They're just sub-standard. Better than the trash shitmaps from before though.

Hollow wings has genryuu kaiko which is enough to make him amazing.
One hype map is enough to make someone great? Ok then. I guess that's why people love Scorpiour. Illogically.

Fanzhens maps have awkward kick sliders. Just compare Skystars move that body for Fanzhen, it's a clusterfuck but it still plays nicely unlike Fanzhen as his retarded kick slider jumps
Agree.
buny
all opinions but i hate both their mapping styles
Topic Starter
The Gambler
I also guess Broccoly and 0108 maps also fall in this category as well.
I Give Up
I like map play all map.
E m i

KukiMonster wrote:

I like map play all map.
this...
chainpullz
Hollow wings genryuu is kind of gross from a musical standpoint. Music is like a pyramid, built from a strong foundation of the bass/tenor with percussion driving the rhythm. The bass in this song drags a bit in places whereas the click track pushes forward. In some places this contrast works well and creates others whereas in other places it's just unpleasant to listen to. Even if the hitcircles flow well, the mapping of the click track just doesn't fit. It's a nice subtlety that didn't need to be brought to the forefront. I think if he wanted to do a spaced deathstream map he could have found a better song for it.
Kin
You should really try this map ! https://osu.ppy.sh/b/22538
It's the best one to improve your skill. Believe me.
Topic Starter
The Gambler

Kin wrote:

You should really try this map ! https://osu.ppy.sh/b/22538
It's the best one to improve your skill. Believe me.
Low quality b8, m8.
nrl

Repr1se wrote:

Guessing SV and grotesque patterns is never fun.
It is when you don't look at it as guesswork and try to see the underlying flow. You're not supposed to be able to read it on the first try, just like you're not supposed to hit all the jumps in a really hard jump map on the first try. They're reading maps. As for the quality of the map, if it's coming from one of these three it's probably about as good as you're going to get for a reading map. You don't have to like the style, but your not liking it doesn't make it bad.
byfar
their diffs tend to be misleading, meaning that their maps are usually harder than what the SR suggests. It's fun when you can actually read AR 9, seriously.