forum

getting mania to work with vertical monitors

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Snickers
i'd love if there were resolutions compatible with osu to play mania with my monitor set vertically.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Jfjm7b17XJQ/hqdefault.jpg <- like this for example, but for mania.

would be pretty cool, as well as pretty helpful so u can see the notes coming from pretty high up there ^_^
Bauxe
I haven't tried, but does setting a custom resolution work?
deletemyaccount
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think peppy allows verticle resolutions with mania currently (can't remember why though).

edit: it may be because of a competitive advantage
Ryu Sei
Yep. osu! can't use vertical resolutions. I've tried it before using both custom resolution and screen rotation.

Seems osu! refuses to use the vertical screen ratio.
Granger
Im not having any issues with it? ...Except that this looks kinda wonky...

Diony

Granger wrote:

Its stretched so that your not getting any advantage over other players. You get the same amount of screen time for each note.
Bauxe

Dionysaw wrote:

Granger wrote:

Its stretched so that your not getting any advantage over other players. You get the same amount of screen time for each note.
Change notespeed, squish the notes in your skin.
Topic Starter
Snickers

Granger wrote:

i cant even get it working like that, my osu screen is literally halved, the two lines to the left are off the screen xD
Topic Starter
Snickers
actually... it makes absolutely zero difference.

http://puu.sh/iGohu/a8f80644b2.png <- vertical

http://puu.sh/iGov0/eeaec5897f.png <- horizantal

its simply stretched to fit a bigger screen.

its the same thing on a bigger scale, sadly :'c
Granger

Snickers wrote:

Granger wrote:

i cant even get it working like that, my osu screen is literally halved, the two lines to the left are off the screen xD
Ahh, had that happen to me a few times, set the focus to osu!. That seems to only happen when you flip the screen and osu was already active but lost focus(?) because your flip, alt tab out of it then into it and its fixed.

Huh, okay, if i try to flip before i start osu! i get tis... weird.
start osu!. -> alt tab to anything else -> flip -> alt tab to osu

Huh, shouldnt matter for mania but if i do this i cant move my mouse further right than that, note that the FRAPS fps counter is there aswell... Thats strange. And if i move my mouse "out of the screen" downwards i get a hardware mouse which is not getting registered by osu until i move back up.

start osu! -> flip screen (via hotkey)

Same problem with the dislocated mouse here, if i try to click on anything past where the fraps fps counter is osu looses focus and the click is not registered. Instead something on the browser gets clicked (note the red outline arount the image on my post, my mouse is actually hovering outside of the osu screen but getting displayed there.)
Deep Sea
everything is possible and feasible, it all depends on the willingness of developers

i support you Snickers, good idea

same can be done in a vertical resolution
wou3
Hello, as I have been reading the post, it occurred to me to use the custom resolution, which is found in your osu!. username.cfg, which in my case would be like that. osu! .wou3.cfg and it will appear to you that with which program they can execute it. of there place the note block and customize this ...
(for this to work, you have to be in the window screen)

"Height = 1920"
"Width = 1903"

This is the closest thing I could do although it was a complete failure, not everything is lost.
If there is someone who can complete this puzzle, I will not only be thanking you, but there will be many who will thank you.
p.s: this was tested with a viewsonic xg2530 240hz screen, 1920x1080 full hd, with vertical screen mode.
p.s.2: I apologize for my bad English that since I am from another language I had to use the google translator.