forum

[resolved] [confirmed] The "Visual Settings" panel closes when mouse x=0

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Score_Under
Problem Details:

The "Visual Settings" panel, at the pause screen of a song (or at the beginning), closes if you move your mouse to the leftmost pixel of the screen. This does not happen on the right hand side.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3313021
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3313027

osu! version: 20150627.5cuttingedge

I have tested this in stable and it happens there too.
VeilStar
I thought we already had a confirmed thread on this but I couldn't find anything.
Confirming...
Trosk-
Could this have something to do with this problem? Maybe they are related, but we didn't notice of it until the other day because of the Letterboxing feature.
VeilStar

Trosk- wrote:

Could this have something to do with this problem? Maybe they are related, but we didn't notice of it until the other day because of the Letterboxing feature.
I doubt it.

Edit: Actually I might have been wrong. This could be the same issue. The cursor sprite also goes 1px too far. So if the cursor can go 1 pixel beyond the screen space this could be the cause. I'm not sure though, would have to wait on a dev to figure it out.

Trosk-

VeilStar wrote:

Edit: Actually I might have been wrong. This could be the same issue. The cursor sprite also goes 1px too far. So if the cursor can go 1 pixel beyond the screen space this could be the cause. I'm not sure though, would have to wait on a dev to figure it out.
That is what I was guessing. The cursor going out of the actual screen (I don't know how to name it, I hope you understand me) and not detecting it to show the Visual Options, but we didn't notice of it until the Letterboxing feature came out, because it's more noticeable. And yep, I guess a dev should test it.
Topic Starter
Score_Under
I don't know about letterboxing, but if it helps I tested this in full-screen. I have 2 monitors but they don't overlap in a way that would let me move the mouse out of the bottom left of the osu window.
VeilStar

Score_Under wrote:

I don't know about letterboxing, but if it helps I tested this in full-screen.
To clarify, just in case: "letterboxing" is a new feature in cuttingedge (and beta) that allows you to play at a smaller-than-native resolution without running the game in windowed mode nor by letting your gpu/drivers/monitor handle the letterboxing.

Score_Under wrote:

I have 2 monitors but they don't overlap in a way that would let me move the mouse out of the bottom left of the osu window.
The thing is that the default "back" button aswell as the 'yellow warning bar' go 1 pixel beyond the game's screen space. This happens regardless of resolution or whatever other settings, and the only reason we could see this is due to the recent addition of the 'letterboxing' feature. This only affects the left edge of the game's screen space.
Anyhow, if it is indeed the case that the cursor can go 1 pixel 'out of bounds' - which would only happen at the left edge of the screen - then this would be the reason why this has been happening all long.

That's about all I have to say. Hopefully that clears up any confusion you may (or may not) have had.
Once again, a dev would have to figure this out.
TheVileOne
I have fixed this. Wait for it to be accepted.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix Visual Settings not detecting mouse position on left side of screen. (TheVileOne)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150710cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.