forum

Constructive Criticism

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nocookies4u
Since people here seem to rip apart peoples profiles and whatnot I'd just like for some people to take a look at my profile and help me improve with maps and general tips based on what yall see, Note a lil while ago I got a tablet and my performance spiked up some . Pls don't be too rude

Some videos I have of myself playing pre tablet and post tablet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rSNUQB5AfE (Probably one of the hardest songs i've actually completed .../lookofshame?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tNnQFwfsS8 (Post tablet but first day with it i think)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR8uOSlk-6Y (Pre tablet with a trackpad...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q84qNoufS-g (Post tablet but hella bad)
dung eater
play more

dl a ton of maps, get a feel for what you can and can't do (look at stars, ar, cs, objects/min (detect more intense maps), mapping style/patterns)

have fun

the stickies have good general advice

if you have problems keeping track of the cursor, consider switching skin (just cursor or completely)
silmarilen
based on the maps in your top performance you're playing maps that are way too hard for you. you're gonna get in trouble later on if you keep this up. play maps that you can at least get 90-95 acc on and try to get as good acc as possible. acc > fc if you actually want to improve.
Yuudachi-kun

silmarilen wrote:

acc > fc if you actually want to improve.
I disagree. I'm always about the "fc first acc when it gets easier" - it works for me.
Mahogany
Your top ranks are all Bs. FC songs with an S rank and 95+% accuracy if you want to improve.
ithgyu

Kheldragar wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

acc > fc if you actually want to improve.
I disagree. I'm always about the "fc first acc when it gets easier" - it works for me.
i agree with khel, my first 100pp play was a fc with less than 90% acc, acc will come with time regardless. Personally i dont think hes playing maps that are too hard at all. I honestly believe that new players should move onto insanes as soon as possible, because normals dont teach you shit once you can read then and hards only gain control with left hand, because there is no real distance between the notes on hards, they are effectively always next to each other.

Now if i were to give the op advice i would say play more... and i dont mean, just keep playing and you will becomes really good, no, you need to play more on a daily basis if you actually want to improve at an appreciable rate. < - Play everyday and play more everyday
Vuelo Eluko

silmarilen wrote:

based on the maps in your top performance you're playing maps that are way too hard for you. you're gonna get in trouble later on if you keep this up. play maps that you can at least get 90-95 acc on and try to get as good acc as possible. acc > fc if you actually want to improve.
i made the same errors and i can confirm silm is right
back when i was rank 40k i had all mostly B's and C's as my top plays
dont fuck up like me
B1rd
I have 8 mill hits and I still can't stream because when I started I spammed through streams to hold my combo.

Riince wrote:

dont fuck up like me
ithgyu

Riince wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

i made the same errors and i can confirm silm is right
back when i was rank 40k i had all mostly B's and C's as my top plays
dont fuck up like me
Same, and now we both have many plays over 99% acc so why is it a bad thing?
Insyni
When you do groups of singles it looks like you look at the overall pattern and try to hit it. Try to look at them as individual approach circles, makes you get less 100's. (Taken from the Why you are not getting better sticky)

Also what Philantropist said...
pandaBee
Hahahahahahahahaha.
Play more yo.
And yeah, obviously don't play maps that are beyond you :^)
deletemyaccount
In terms of actual skill progression, I think you're doing fine; everyone should focus on playing at improving at their own pace, this varies for everyone.
If I had to comment on one thing however, you might be playing maps that are out of your skill level. This could develop bad habits and hurt you in the longer term.

Just have fun; it's a game after all.
I Give Up
Every note you hit makes you a little stronger.
pandaBee
Not always. i.e. anyone that developed RSI.
I Give Up
Every note you hit gives you a little RSI.
Stalactic
Change de skin( skin = skill). Also you might want to turn off the storyboard if that discracts you.

Also, beware of RSI
Vuelo Eluko

Stalactic wrote:

( skin = skill)
the fuck
Granger

Stalactic wrote:

( skin = skill)
Aaand thats our daily dose of G&R nonsense.
Barusamikosu
If you use the skin of a player you admire, you gain their best traits.

I thought everyone knew this.
KanoSet
i don't understand why ppl doesn't play with cookiezi skin.. get it ppl, get gud
on topic: don't play something is so hard for you even if it'll make you better faster but gives you bad habits that you can't rid of easily
take it slow.. developing skills bit by bit is a better way to go imho
you might wanna get a nice skin tho, it will be more enjoyable than the standard one and as you get better and better you better look for a clean skin "like no 300 appears in your face every time you hit a circle" and you might wanna go with a higher background dim and disabling storyboard and background video to get a better view on the circles but it's personal preference

TL;DR : play more, play something in your level, get a nice skin, never lose hope
repr1se
From this video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q84qNoufS-g

Your cursor movement is incredibly shaky. I'd suggest trying another pen grip, OR making your tablet area bigger. Your accuracy is all over the place as well. Try to keep in pace with the song. Lowering your effect volume and raising the music volume can help.

After that, play easier maps. I wouldn't play a map unless I can get at least 90% accuracy on it. Anything below that means you're mashing the keys.
The Gambler
Abuse beatmap packs. Also DragonForce
Endaris

Repr1se wrote:

Your cursor movement is incredibly shaky.
You can't outshake Riince. Agree on the rest though.
Getting a clean skin helps. At the very least deactivate Combobursts and 300s. Aside from that the basic skin isn't so bad.
ZenithPhantasm
Use Kamui skin to get C's aim
ithgyu

The Gambler wrote:

has 300pp <- tells him to play dragonforce O.o and i thought i played maps outside of my range
Topic Starter
Nocookies4u
Guys I use WWW latest skin, I'm just too lazy to upload it with that skin. Also I freaking suck at getting fc like I was playing this song on easy because I just gotten my friend into osu and I still ended up missing a note , I just always end up screwing up somewhere. Imo i'm a little better than 3 star hard songs but not good enough for like mid 4 star songs because i can't stream.

Also thanks for all the replies I've been reading all of em
The Gambler

II Jelli II wrote:

The Gambler wrote:

has 300pp <- tells him to play dragonforce O.o and i thought i played maps outside of my range
They're marathon maps. The length at which you survive consistently is a indication of your skill level. I usually die within the halfway mark for endurance reasons.
Mahogany

Nocookies4u wrote:

Imo i'm a little better than 3 star hard songs but not good enough for like mid 4 star songs because i can't stream.
No. You're only as good as the hardest song you can FC.
Endaris
Also there are plenty of mid 4 star songs without any streams.
Like most of my current topplays :^)