forum

[tOST] 2015 Itsudemooo wins with 2-6 , 6-5

posted
Total Posts
show more
Thomasz

tryaway wrote:

How did the team matched?
Because I think it's weird that the first place team of one group still have other first place team from another group as opponent. (My case, sorry if I came over too personally)
I think it's by random - you're automatically in round 2 whereas the 2nd place teams are in round 1. I guess the bracket isn't big enough for everyone to get a 2nd place team as the next opponent given the fact we had 40 participants in the beginning (some of the teams resigned as well).
Topic Starter
Crowve

tryaway wrote:

How did the team matched?
Because I think it's weird that the first place team of one group still have other first place team from another group as opponent. (My case, sorry if I came over too personally)
There would be noway that everyone would be happy with any change of the bracket so I guess just accept it .

Google Docs statistic thing
Groupstage only with Pickrate, sorry for that.

At the first Round there will be also a Banrate :)
Topic Starter
Crowve
Tor_old_1
Attending such a tournament means you've accepted the rules.
Any changes of rules should be made before the first match, or be voted by all participants.
Changing the rules after the match started without a negotiation of all players isn't appropriate.
tryaway

Tor wrote:

Attending such a tournament means you've accepted the rules.
Any changes of rules should be made before the first match, or be voted by all participants.
Changing the rules after the match started without a negotiation of all players isn't appropriate.
Sorry if it seems like I didn't accepted the way how round 1 was matched.
I only wondered what the mechanism was behind matching.
Topic Starter
Crowve
Ay new mappool released . (bo7)
Risa
Oh wow dat tb. Its srsly not going to be funny seeing a team lose because of a spinner
tryaway

Reset- wrote:

Oh wow dat tb. Its srsly not going to be funny seeing a team lose because of a spinner
You need at least ~320rpm.
I though map was easy to pass with decent combo and then I failed spinner at the end of the map lol
Hydrano

tryaway wrote:

Reset- wrote:

I though map was easy to pass with decent combo and then I failed spinner at the end of the map lol
Same for me lol.
I already wrote a pm to thewagner.

If Teams fail because of the spinner, the score should count anyway.

And great to see that I'm not the only person who can't spin this :)
Stjpa
The mappool is really bad in generell. It always was. Those picks make no sense at all.
Like, why would you pick a map from 2010 for hr? Why is the star difference between those maps sometimes about 1 whole star? He shouldn't pick the maps himself with his mate. A #4k player should actually choose the maps.
Hydrano
I just got a nice combo on the tiebreaker with 1600. Failed at the spinner with +32.000 spinscore already. GG
Worst Tiebreaker ever. lol

I mean, the Map/Song is great, but you can not take this as a tournament map with such an ending :/
It's like luck-based to pass the spinner
tryaway

Hydrano wrote:

I just got a nice combo on the tiebreaker with 1600. Failed at the spinner with +32.000 spinscore already. GG
Worst Tiebreaker ever. lol

I mean, the Map/Song is great, but you can not take this as a tournament map with such an ending :/
It's like luck-based to pass the spinner
I don't think it's luck.
More like: who can't spin 350rpm steadily, will lose.
DahplA

XiiD wrote:

The mappool is really bad in generell. It always was. Those picks make no sense at all.
Like, why would you pick a map from 2010 for hr? Why is the star difference between those maps sometimes about 1 whole star? He shouldn't pick the maps himself with his mate. A #4k player should actually choose the maps.
I definitely agree with this.
Frc

tryaway wrote:

Reset- wrote:

Only? uhh i recall failing the spinner with consistent 360~ rpm. I only can pass it with 380-420 spin.
Thomasz
I fced the tiebreaker while spinning average 360-370rpm orz

And to those who dislikes the map pool: Well It's not perfect but I like that the map pool shows versatility by having older maps as well. Imo the map pool would be tad boring if all of the maps had similar style of mapping. No one's forcing you to pick them either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ And besides star difference doesn't mean everything, you should know it by now!
Hydrano

Thomasz wrote:

And to those who dislikes the map pool: Well It's not perfect but I like that the map pool shows versatility by having older maps as well. Imo the map pool would be tad boring if all of the maps had similar style of mapping. No one's forcing you to pick them either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ And besides star difference doesn't mean everything, you should know it by now!
Well, I don't hate the mappools at all. I just dislike the tiebreaker in here. You might be able to spin 360rpm steadily, not everyone can do this. I can barely spin 280rpm steadily.

Sure that not everyone should be able to FC all the maps from the pools but everyone should pass it. And some maps are just not possible to pass for many people. Especially the guys at rank 6.000 or lower will have some big problem with those HD / HR maps.

It often makes big differences in skill if you're rank 3k or 9k.
tryaway

Hydrano wrote:

Thomasz wrote:

Well, I don't hate the mappools at all. I just dislike the tiebreaker in here. You might be able to spin 360rpm steadily, not everyone can do this. I can barely spin 280rpm steadily.

Sure that not everyone should be able to FC all the maps from the pools but everyone should pass it. And some maps are just not possible to pass for many people. Especially the guys at rank 6.000 or lower will have some big problem with those HD / HR maps.

Tiebreaker should be a map that shows all abilities of a player like streaming, stamina , aim, etc.
But this tiebreaker really focus on the last spinner, so in my opinion it's not good as a tiebreaker
Thomasz

Hydrano wrote:

The map pool should get harder as the tournament progresses so it's normal if there'll appear maps that one cannot simply pass that easily. Be that as it may, don't you think the whole tournament would be quite tedious had we the same level of map pool each round all way to the finals? By no means there should be maps that clearly no one in this rank group can't pass (hurr 6* stream/jump maps hurr*) but definitely the map pool has to get more difficult towards the end - there's only 1 winner after all and that team will be the team who will have the best performance :3. IMO the map pool has been pretty balanced for majority of ranks thus far.(I mean we have seen some upset matches where the lower ranked team has won)
And if there's a HD/HR map you can't pass/don't like - just ban it ( ˘ω˘ )

And what you said about the big difference in skill if you're rank 3k or 9k: Again rank doesn't mean everything when it comes to tournament play. This is coming from someone who is lower ranked than most of the participants in Round 3 atm.
Topic Starter
Crowve
Topic Starter
Crowve
Next Mappool is released !

All games will be best of 11 and 2 bans!
Accurian
I loved every moment when I was playing in this tournament, and even though there was a lot of tension, pressure & chokes, it was all in good fun, and I'm really glad I joined because it was both a learning experience and motivation to do better. :oops:

~Accurian
Topic Starter
Crowve

Accurian wrote:

I loved every moment when I was playing in this tournament, and even though there was a lot of tension, pressure & chokes, it was all in good fun, and I'm really glad I joined because it was both a learning experience and motivation to do better. :oops:

~Accurian
Look forward to the next tourneys :^) and thank you alot!
Topic Starter
Crowve
Semifinals and Finals now streaming! http://www.twitch.tv/thewagner12
-Wolfy-
(✿◠‿◠) 〜ITSUDEMOO (✿◠‿◠) 〜
Frc
(✿x_x) 〜itsudeNO (✿x_x) 〜
Topic Starter
Crowve
AND WE HAVE A WINNER !!!

ITSUDEMOOO Wins in the grandfinals with 2-6 and pulling a comeback at the very end with winning at the tiebreaker with 6-5!

Congratulation to them and well played getting second place Kakiage !!

And not to forget our aswell out third place who never gave up , cammy!!
Frc
Really nice tournament wagner, I'm looking for the next one :)
-Wolfy-
Nice and really fun tournament wagner! congrats to Kakiage for the 2 place and cammy for the 3 place :)
DahplA
Congratulations guys. Really great tournament to be involved in. Hope another one is around the corner.
Justin
Was an awesome tournament, congrats to itsudemoo!
Met lots of cool people while participating in the tournament, and got to experience my first tournament.
Hydrano
Congratulations to all winners! Especially to Itsudemoo

The tournament was good.
Apart of some organisation fails on our sides. But you did a good job so far.

I might participate in the next tourney as well. Then hopefully with a bit more of effort to play even though the partner is missing :P
Listie
Bloody great tournament. I had a lot of fun whilst our team lasted. :D
This tournament had some really awesome mappools, so I'll definately be joining again next time. :3

If something needs to be changed though, it would be the streams! The streams constantly had issues with lag and stuff. But if that's fixed the tournament would be perfect.

Thanks thewagner! :D
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Ω good job to Itsudemo for fighting till the last minute. I honestly thought we were gonna win that match and acted abit cocky.

Also, thanks Wagner and staff for hosting the tournament. The tournament was an awesome experience, especially the match against Perfect Cancer and Itsudemo.

I hope there will be another similar event in the near future and I'll be looking forward to this.

Kind Regards,
Kakiage
Risa
Ggwp to all teams that participated and played the games.
Fun tourney even tho tbh i was just a burden to my team R.I.P. ._.

But;
Why was i not allowed to pick 4:12 map for warmup
But i saw like a 5min map being picked for warmup in some games

Other than that it was a good tourney i guess
Grats to all winners~