forum

Streams and stacks

posted
Total Posts
show more
Insyni

Zippleclopper wrote:

.So are there any easier maps for practicing streaming and stacking?
I'll edit this post later when I find a few maps for you. Also re-posting so these off-topic people can get on topic.

Top ones are easier, bottom ones are harder
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/209954&m=0 (Hard) For control
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/137930&m=0 Just a few stacks
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/229875&m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/204564&m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/179012&m=0 Hyper / Bunny (latter is obviously harder)
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/183541&m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/16265&m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/138140&m=0
pandaBee
I Give Up
Practise stream in your current bmp range then practise faster and or slower bit by bit each month good luck.
ithgyu

chainpullz wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

I seriously doubt it would get to a level where 6,000pp is considered scrub tier. I don't think you would call Diamond players in League bad.
I actually would because most of them are bad. But that's besides the point.
Just because there are players better than them doesnt make them bad, have you even played in diamond? It is without a doubt where the upper echelon of players begins, and although we all like to flame our teammates and call them shit because "i am always the best" and "im stuck in elo hell," the elo system is actually very good at distributing players. This is why you can take any diamond player and put them in bronze silver or gold and they will completely and absolutely stomp them. I can tell you this from personal experience. If this diamond player is crushing everyone is half the leagues (all of which have a greater population the the ones above them), then how can you call that player bad?
repr1se
Don't play 5 stars just yet. Wait until you can get at least 90% accuracy (since you won't be mashing the keys by then).

Try this. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/207567&m=0

Use Half Time and/or Autopilot if necessary. Start slow, try to hit every note. After that, go for accuracy. Streaming and stacking is something that takes time since you need to wrap your head around it before you actually get it.
pandaBee

II Jelli II wrote:

Just because there are players better than them doesnt make them bad, have you even played in diamond? It is without a doubt where the upper echelon of players begins, and although we all like to flame our teammates and call them shit because "i am always the best" and "im stuck in elo hell," the elo system is actually very good at distributing players. This is why you can take any diamond player and put them in bronze silver or gold and they will completely and absolutely stomp them. I can tell you this from personal experience. If this diamond player is crushing everyone is half the leagues (all of which have a greater population the the ones above them), then how can you call that player bad?
Offtopic, but I've played vs high diamond on the ranked ladder, and I've also played in 5v5 teams comprised of all high diamonds, and I'm just letting you know most diamonds really aren't that good.

Being diamond is like playing 'insane' maps on osu. There is a huge range in skill and yes, most of them are really shit.

Obviously, bronze, silver, gold and plat are much worse, but just like there's a huge gap between most 4-5 digit player and someone with say, 2-3 digits in osu, that's the kind of discrepancy you'll see vs high diamond and mid/low diamonds.
Yuudachi-kun
Then can I replace diamond with master or will you tell me they suck too?
Endaris
He will tell you that league sucks and should stay out of the osu!-forums :D
Zenny-chan is sort of right when saying that you lost any credibility by mentioning league but mentioning Baduk did a bit to restore it.
Yuudachi-kun

Endaris wrote:

He will tell you that league sucks and should stay out of the osu!-forums :D
Zenny-chan is sort of right when saying that you lost any credibility by mentioning league but mentioning Baduk did a bit to restore it.
If you can come up with any sort of semi-popular competitive thing with rankings then I would have been glad to use it as a comparison to 6,000pp. (You know, the current amount Jesus1412 has. The amount where a lot of people already have some 300+ pp plays. 300+ plays that, you know, are kind of from high accuracy high od fcs of 5.5+ or 6.0+ fcs. That's not going to change no matter what rank it decays down to unless the formula changes)

Also I'm 5k in Baduk.
pandaBee

Endaris wrote:

league sucks and should stay out of the osu!-forums
ithgyu

pandaBee wrote:

II Jelli II wrote:

Offtopic, but I've played vs high diamond on the ranked ladder, and I've also played in 5v5 teams comprised of all high diamonds, and I'm just letting you know most diamonds really aren't that good.

Being diamond is like playing 'insane' maps on osu. There is a huge range in skill and yes, most of them are really shit.

Obviously, bronze, silver, gold and plat are much worse, but just like there's a huge gap between most 4-5 digit player and someone with say, 2-3 digits in osu, that's the kind of discrepancy you'll see vs high diamond and mid/low diamonds.
Ofc there is a difference between high and low diamond, thats what the difference in divisions if for in the first place, however its not a huge range in skill. It used to be when there was no challenger league to let the professional players push away from just the "very good players," but thats not the case anymore. I don't know if your diamond or not, but just because you have played them doesnt mean to can tell if they are good or not. There is so much stuff that goes on in league that is not recognizably to lower level players (correct warding and timing based of where you know the enemy has warded, knowing when you can shove lane, knowing when players are out of position, understanding where the jungler is, general wave control) <- none of this stuff looks impressive to people who dont know about it, which is why its so easy for a bronze player to say they are stuck in elo hell, because they dont understand why the player is good in the first place. It honestly feels like you are saying literally everyone in league is bad except faker because hes the best and there is a skill gap between him and everyone else
Endaris

Kheldragar wrote:

Also I'm 5k in Baduk.
I'm impressed. Are you still playing it or did you drop it for osu!?
And if you're still playing it: HOW?! Do you even sleep with 12h Hentai, 3h osu! and xh Baduk per day?
I never quite got into playing it so I'm at the very basic level of like 20k :/
pandaBee
Neetlyfe is one helluva drug.
Yuudachi-kun

Endaris wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Also I'm 5k in Baduk.
I'm impressed. Are you still playing it or did you drop it for osu!?
And if you're still playing it: HOW?! Do you even sleep with 12h Hentai, 3h osu! and xh Baduk per day?
I never quite got into playing it so I'm at the very basic level of like 20k :/
I stopped playing largely a few months before I began osu. I almost lost to a 12k this morning because I forgot I didn't have two eyes but he couldn't
kill me huehuehhe
Insyni

Repr1se wrote:

Don't play 5 stars just yet. Wait until you can get at least 90% accuracy (since you won't be mashing the keys by then).

Try this. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/207567&m=0

Use Half Time and/or Autopilot if necessary. Start slow, try to hit every note. After that, go for accuracy. Streaming and stacking is something that takes time since you need to wrap your head around it before you actually get it.
These maps are pure evil. I have always hated them... ;^;
chainpullz
Many people would consider 90% to still be mashing. It's kind of stupid to assign some sort of "rule." You'll be ready for difficult maps when you are ready for difficult maps. If you fuck up your ability to play then chances are it was superficial to begin with and you needed to go back to square one sooner or later.

If all you do is play more easy maps and get superficially good scores on those you'll just hit a brick wall sooner or later where more difficult maps are too difficult for you but you aren't getting any better playing your current maps.

Regardless of what you play you will get better over time. What is more important than your rate of improvement is how much fun you are having. Trying too hard and getting frustrated is only going to enforce bad habits. You more than likely will fuck up your ability to play at some point even following these "you need X% acc on Y map" rules. What's important is that you are still having fun after the fact.
repr1se

chainpullz wrote:

Many people would consider 90% to still be mashing. It's kind of stupid to assign some sort of "rule." You'll be ready for difficult maps when you are ready for difficult maps. If you fuck up your ability to play then chances are it was superficial to begin with and you needed to go back to square one sooner or later.

If all you do is play more easy maps and get superficially good scores on those you'll just hit a brick wall sooner or later where more difficult maps are too difficult for you but you aren't getting any better playing your current maps.

Regardless of what you play you will get better over time. What is more important than your rate of improvement is how much fun you are having. Trying too hard and getting frustrated is only going to enforce bad habits. You more than likely will fuck up your ability to play at some point even following these "you need X% acc on Y map" rules. What's important is that you are still having fun after the fact.
K

In that case let me preface my previous post with this

"In my experience"

and postface with this

"nothing is absolute"
Novalogic
Was anyone in situation, where you lost your ability to stream? I was doing pretty good with streams until not too long ago. I had around 800 combo scores on revolution deathsquad or cry for eternity, it was looking good on easier maps. But for some unknown reason i can't seem to stream at all right now... Stacks for 3 or 5-7 yeah, but if anything longer comes along in map my fingers suddenly start mashing, freezing or i don't know how else to call it. I never had this problem before, streaming was coming naturally, but now... So anyone had similar problem?
pandaBee

Novalogic wrote:

Was anyone in situation, where you lost your ability to stream? I was doing pretty good with streams until not too long ago. I had around 800 combo scores on revolution deathsquad or cry for eternity, it was looking good on easier maps. But for some unknown reason i can't seem to stream at all right now... Stacks for 3 or 5-7 yeah, but if anything longer comes along in map my fingers suddenly start mashing, freezing or i don't know how else to call it. I never had this problem before, streaming was coming naturally, but now... So anyone had similar problem?
Yes. Turned out my fingers were just really stiff so I massaged them a lot, stretched them out, dipped them into some cold ice water and let them rest.
Endaris
Maybe you were streaming these at your maxspeed and something went into your brain and activated the "mash as fast as possible on stream" button as it was successful for deathsquad-stuff.
Novalogic
Max speed? Dragonforce maps are usually around 200 bpm or lower, it's pretty slow for a stream. I could easily stream 240, and in good days up to 260 bpm before. And tbh the maps i usually play are above 200 bpm
Shiyzo

Barusamikosu wrote:

II Jelli II wrote:

that is the most retarded ranking system ever
I'll fix it.

D-S: Shit
SS: Nice job
omf if there was a like button, i'd totally like this post
Fatal3ty
I still can not play with triples, doubles and streams it anyway. It's damn hard to play without error. The premise I too often. Besides, I can click with 2 fingers only by effort 180bpm, more it gets. It just will not get better despite 20k playcounts. When ever I play double, long streams or triples, blocked my fingers constantly that I only lose. I have only 2 insanes to 100% (Jumps only), all other I manage only average 95% and improve not do. :(

I find little good 4.5-5 star maps, which consists only of Jumps, that annoys me too much that there are only 3 types of stupid are always involved. :cry:
Endaris
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/154357
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/52742
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/109852?m=0

learn triples at least, doubles are relatively easy to avoid, triples not.
Deva

Endaris wrote:

doubles are relatively easy to avoid, triples not.
But avoiding them is just the worst thing you can do.
Endaris
That's true for any troublesome pattern, but if he wants to be evasive in his mapchoices it's kinda doable without much effect on your selection when talking about doubles.
ZenithPhantasm
Play more streams
Deva

Endaris wrote:

That's true for any troublesome pattern, but if he wants to be evasive in his mapchoices it's kinda doable without much effect on your selection when talking about doubles.
It doesnt matter if he wants that, its just the wrong way. I was avoiding streams all the time and i ended up being able to play 6* jump maps but unable to play even 4* with any kind of double/triple/stream.
Fatal3ty
It does not matter how many times I try again, simply not repaired. Can also 30k, 40k and so change anything. The 3 things will be my weakness forever. DT is even worse, because I fail already at the first Doubles - failed. (Low BPM Map, AR8 with DT). If my fingers stiffened immediately for Doubles or triples, I can not click. So I do not get ahead.

This frustrates me greatly. :o