forum

Anyone else done this?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
caldozza
I quit this game a year ago. came back a week ago and now really, really suck. Just wondering if anyone else has done this and how they got back in to it.

A rather stupid thing to post in the "serious forums" so I put it here :D
Mahogany
No but a few times I've left for a month and I'm always better than before when I come back
Topic Starter
caldozza
Lucky you, I can't do good in any song anymore. Starting to wish I didn't quit now XD
ColdTooth
I quit and lost ~1k rank in CTB, I was #300 when the new update of points went live'

I was also #16000 in o!s, rip
balldoowell

caldozza wrote:

I can't do good
*do well
Topic Starter
caldozza

ColdTooth wrote:

I quit and lost ~1k rank in CTB, I was #300 when the new update of points went live'

I was also #16000 in o!s, rip
I quit for a year and lost just about everything I that took me forever to learn.
and ended out with my current rank :'(
balldoowell
If you lost everything you probably werent that good in the first place. Thats how ranks work
Topic Starter
caldozza

balldoowell wrote:

If you lost everything you probably werent that good in the first place. Thats how ranks work
Maybe not everything, but you may be right. XD never been able to ask anyone if I've done good, so I just made assumptions I was decent
Neo7
I went on hiatus for a couple of years then came back. Had to knock some rust off but it wasn't that bad.
Friendan

balldoowell wrote:

I used to be good at Counter Strike and would carry my team. I played again a couple weeks ago and I went 1-14 or something like that. You lose skill over time if you don't play a game.
balldoowell
True, but I'm surprised you did so bad. Counterstrike is just about choke points and headshots, both of which you could have remembered after playing the game for a few minutes
Bweh
I don't think anyone's going to get back in the groove when it comes to theory, motor skills, and muscle memory in just a few minutes. Moreover, counter-strike involves matchmaking which means your opponents will have varying skill levels, so going 1-14 is kind of arbitrary. He could've been up against a team of shitters or a bunch of people that would've curb stomped him anyway.
Friendan

Brian OA wrote:

I don't think anyone's going to get back in the groove when it comes to theory, motor skills, and muscle memory in just a few minutes.
Yeah, this.

Brian OA wrote:

He could've been up against a team of shitters or a bunch of people that would've curb stomped him anyway.
When I used to play I stomped consistently and was called a smurf, then I came back and was stomped consistently and was called a shitter repeatedly. However, I do think it is a bit harder to lose skills from taking a break in osu! than other games, or at least that's what I've experienced, not saying that I come back as good as I was.
Syphist
I quit osu for like a month. After about an hour I got back to my skill level. Also my account was abandoned for nearly 3 years, but I had like 0 skill before that so I don't even count that.
Lewder
haha he thinks ctb requires skill that's kinda cute
Syphist

Lewder wrote:

Anything above 4 stars does. I was referring to standard though. It's not like I can only play 1 game mode. I just care more about my CtB ranking than my standard one, so it is in my signature.
Kuki

Lewder wrote:

are you joking
A Medic

Lewder wrote:

why aren't you number 1 if it's so easy kappa
Pituophis
Play more, you should get your skill back in time.

Lewder wrote:

haha he thinks ctb requires skill[Rhythm] that's kinda cute
If you meant rhythm, I Could understand what your saying.
Look at some of Exgon's plays. Tell me, without being a troll, that those play's didn't require some skill.
Witch Mercy
Everytime I quit and come back I feel like I improved a bit, weird.
Emayecue
Last time I stopped playing, I believed I was pretty bad at the game.

When I started playing again, I noticed that I was still just as bad.

So yea, pretty consitent for me :p