forum

Recent streaming realization issue

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fatal015
I have always wondered why I couldn't maintain a stream for more than about 15 notes. (any longer and I start to get 100's and 50's sometimes then later break) Because of this, I recently decided to record my streaming and it seems that my index finger, my single tap and stream starter, "rides up" on the key. After a while I noticed that I have to re-adjust my index finger, while my middle finger is fine. At this point, it feels natural and I can't find a better way to stream. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas where to start?
ZenithPhantasm
I have the same issue. But thats because I no longer have any feeling in my index finger
Topic Starter
Fatal015
I'm the same way. It makes it a little frustrating to "feel" the beat.
pandaBee

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I have the same issue. But thats because I no longer have any feeling in my index finger
RSI sama, pls.
chainpullz
You're probably just trying too hard to keep up with the stream and using sporadically using muscles you shouldn't be. Try to focus on only using your fingers and staying relaxed when streaming. Stream speed comes from using the same amount of force to move the keys faster by floating them, not by applying more force to push through. Your accuracy and speed will probably be much worse for a while until you get used to it but you'll find your stamina much improved in the end.
I Give Up
Master the accuracy and endurance in your current bpm range first. Building speed becomes easier after that.
Topic Starter
Fatal015
So which do you think is most important? Speed, Accuracy, or Stamina?
Endaris
For overall playability speed and accuracy are the most important as there aren't many maps featuring deathstreams that will require huge amounts of stamina.
accuracy>speed as for any map with more than 1-2 streams your acc and pp will be completely ruined if you're hitting 50% 100s on every stream.
As speed is a requirement for accuracy it shouldnt be weighed lightly but once you've reached a certain level of speed you're good to go for the rest of your osu!-career.
ZenithPhantasm

Fatalblade015 wrote:

Aim
Topic Starter
Fatal015

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Fatalblade015 wrote:

Aim
Yeah, I disagree completely.
Endaris
He answered out of tradition.
And he's right in the most general way.
Stamina, accuracy and speed don't matter if you don't even hit the note. :^)
Unless streams are spaced they are very easy to aim though so I think you assumed that the player could hit them.
Yuudachi-kun
Aim > Speed > Acc has been my motto
pandaBee
Osu is rhythm game
Deva

pandaBee wrote:

Osu is rhythm game
I thought it was "mash your keyboard as hard as you can" game. Guess i was wrong :(
Yuudachi-kun

pandaBee wrote:

Osu is rhythm game
Taiko is also a rhythm game. Taiko and standard are not the same.
pandaBee
Osu is rhythm game.
Endaris
Taiko is for people without aim and with good monitors.
I heard Taiko players are good at streams and alternating though.
Mahogany
Well if you were a good Taiko player you'd be a god of streams I mean have you seen the gamemode?

Like holy shit give me some of that speed pls
Topic Starter
Fatal015

Endaris wrote:

He answered out of tradition.
And he's right in the most general way.
Stamina, accuracy and speed don't matter if you don't even hit the note. :^)
Unless streams are spaced they are very easy to aim though so I think you assumed that the player could hit them.
I was just going for the tapping hand xD that's where most of my problems are. But I see what you mean.
-Makishima S-
Aim and Acc on same spot >>>>> Speed
dung eater

[Taiga] wrote:

Aim and Acc on same spot >>>>> Speed
you need speed to be able to aim or acc at all in faster songs
-Makishima S-
True but
1) playing DT is not mandatory so you can stay on low / moderate bpm and HDHR everything what you see
2) low/moderate bpm is fun too
Yuudachi-kun

[Taiga] wrote:

True but
1) playing DT is not mandatory so you can stay on low / moderate bpm and HDHR everything what you see
2) low/moderate bpm is fun too
You're thinking that there aren't any faster nomod maps.
-Makishima S-
I didn't said that.
Will think about them when low/moderate bpm end completly.

But to cut confusion - i mean that you should mainly focus aim and acc over constant speed-up sanic mode.
Yuudachi-kun

[Taiga] wrote:

I didn't said that.
Will think about them when low/moderate bpm end completly.
No, you responded directly to "needing speed for higher bpm" with "I don't need to play DT"
-Makishima S-
No, you responded directly to "needing speed for higher bpm" with "I don't need to play DT"
Yes. I am not sure if amount of 200+ bpm nomod songs isnt lower than 130++DT once, assumed that yes.
If i am wrong, sorry.
Yuudachi-kun
Yes because you don't play 5* maps.
chainpullz
537 200+ bpm nomod maps of stars > 4.5 and only 502 200-260bpm 4.5-7* ar 9.6-10 ar9.6-ar10 maps when adding DT in my collection. So yes, outside of ar>10 the number of nomod maps with 200+ bpm is quite similar to the number of DT-able maps with bpm>200
Endaris

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Well if you were a good Taiko player you'd be a god of streams I mean have you seen the gamemode?

(videoembed)

Like holy shit give me some of that speed pls
You rarely find true deathstreams in Taiko though. The vid you posted contains like 10 consecutive don or kat at most.
Usually you'll mostly find stuff like ddkddk or whatever in streams - therefore each of your fingers gets at least a short amount of time to relax with some set frequency so it's not as exhausting for each individual finger and depending on whether you play kddk or ddkk/kkdd the strain/speed is divided on two hands.
Not saying that playing a Dragonforce-Map in Taiko isn't exhausting though :D
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/114142

The characteristics are just too different to compare the two gamemodes.