forum

Sega - Samba de Janeiro

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 at 4:01:29 PM

Artist: Sega
Title: Samba de Janeiro
BPM: 133
Filesize: 1688kb
Play Time: 01:40
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (3.5 stars, 145 notes)
Download: Sega - Samba de Janeiro
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Theme song for Samba de Amigo. Let me know what you think of the timing so far.
Normal mode done. Unless someone else volunteers to do one, I've decided not to do a hard mode. So consider this completed.
Dark Deception_old
W00t! We now have a Samba de Amigo beatmap to match with the skin! Try Vamos a carnival next! I havn't found it.
Kasada
Wow, there's only one section so far and I'm already loving it! A request I would like to make would be to use more of the intro to prolong it a bit. The song is short so adding even a little bit could help. Or you could use the intro some more in a harder difficulty. Whether you acknowledge my request or not, it's still awesome either way. Can't wait for the rest of this.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

Kasada wrote:

Wow, there's only one section so far and I'm already loving it! A request I would like to make would be to use more of the intro to prolong it a bit. The song is short so adding even a little bit could help. Or you could use the intro some more in a harder difficulty. Whether you acknowledge my request or not, it's still awesome either way. Can't wait for the rest of this.
Thanks!
I might start earlier in the song when I really get into this. The notes so far are more of a timing test. Glad you like it!
Kasada
Awesome. The beat for this song works so well. Normal turned out great. The first couple of sliders of section 2 and the corresponding sliders in the next verse seem early to me, though. The second slider+corresponding seems to end on time, so you might have been going for something different than I interpreted. Also, during the outro, were those sliders supposed to look like maracas? I thought it was a nice addition. Hard's intro speaks for itself, but those sliders near the beginning of the stream section fit well. You need to listen to it on Edit to really hear what you're going for. And, as far as I can tell, everything after that you haven't got to yet as it's the same as Normal. Keep up the good work.
mtmcl
I APPROVE!

BUBB
Kharl
Finally agree with peppy, the offset should be 205.

Change it, and I think it's good to go. I'd love to see a hard version of this, though. Hope someone will make it in the future.
Sinistro
Ok, after reducing the offset, I see nothing objectionable here. Jumps like the one in 00:45:76 (2,3) could be a little hard for rookies but what the hey, it's not really that big of a challenge. Although I'd like to see more than one version, the guidelines don't say anything about not ranking maps with one version when it's not too hard. You said you're open to people adding a harder version here, anyway. Love the maraca slider art, very well done.

/me uses the power of HEART!
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
:)
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Don't know why I didn't think of this while I was mapping, but I did a little mini-storyboard for part of this map, to make it feel even more like Samba de Amigo gameplay. :)

James
1 difficulty? o.O
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

James wrote:

1 difficulty? o.O
Yes. It's not too hard and it's not too easy. I'll add another version if someone wants to make one.
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

James wrote:

I remember Echo mentioned @irc that we *try* to avoid making easy, single difficulty maps or something like that.

Anyways, its already ranked. It will just ruin the scores I think.
A second difficulty could be added. It would be a seperate .osu file so that's no problem. I just found myself unable to come up with a version that's more challenging but still intuitive. I think someone (maybe Kharl?) expressed some interest in doing a hard version, but he was busy at the time.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Dark Deception_old

LuigiHann wrote:

Don't know why I didn't think of this while I was mapping, but I did a little mini-storyboard for part of this map, to make it feel even more like Samba de Amigo gameplay. :)
What da heck? What's that? Was that a Samba de Amigo mod being used?
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

Dark Deception wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

What da heck? What's that? Was that a Samba de Amigo mod being used?
Delete the song and redownload the osz, you'll see.
kyilecool
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

kyilecool wrote:

hey, i'll make the hard mode if you like.
The map's already ranked, and it's apparently too much of a pain to add difficulties after the fact (otherwise my Easy would be in there).
kyilecool
ah, didn't know that. :lol:
Bittersweet
Why the bg have a "mexican... something" in a song in portuguese? XD I don't undestand that XD
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

Bittersweet wrote:

Why the bg have a "mexican... something" in a song in portuguese? XD I don't undestand that XD
It is from a video game :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML78yaHjtBg
Bittersweet
oh, okay XD Thankz for the info :)

(omfg wtf is this game? XD I lol'ed)
DeathWolfBlood
The timing could be a little better. :P
DX5536
1st Thing 1st : I love this song <3
2nd Thing : Can only Admin's Map be ranked with only normal ???
Anyway I love this map and song.