forum

[duplicate] Disable Account Ranking

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Yazumi
-User rank statistics not displaying on the userpage or ingame.
-User will not show up in National and International rank lists.
-This will let the users disable the ranking if they want to, allowing them to play online and preserve advantages like Chat, Support Goodies, Multiplayer, Spectator mode, etc. without having a rank.
-Also, this could help to leave the account disabled and without information (because we aren't able to delete our account).
-This will help the people that doesn't like taking part of the PP rank system, so they can disable it.
(technical characteristics determined by peppy and osu Staff)

❤ Play for Fun & Enjoy the Game ❤
peppy
why not just ignore it
Topic Starter
Yazumi

peppy wrote:

why not just ignore it
It isn´t easy when people remember you about your rank and pp.
Bauxe
No one cares about your rank or your PP. If you are going to put "Play for Fun & Enjoy the Game", do just that. Play the game, and stop worrying about a bunch of numbers.
Topic Starter
Yazumi

Bauxe wrote:

No one cares about your rank or your PP. If you are going to put "Play for Fun & Enjoy the Game", do just that. Play the game, and stop worrying about a bunch of numbers.
I do, but it is not for me, it is for all players who play offline.
Bauxe

Satoru-San wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

I do, but it is not for me, it is for all players who play offline.
Then they should do the same.
lucasiturrarte
just ignore it
WingSilent

peppy wrote:

why not just ignore it
Hm...

This actually my story, somes naughty people i know just annoy me weekly and recently daily like hell because i'm ranked almost 60k (At this time of June 25, 2015) ...
I'll support Satoru-San's suggestion as well.
kekc0
no
Bauxe

Nekomi- wrote:

peppy wrote:

why not just ignore it
Hm...

This actually my story, somes naughty people i know just annoy me weekly and recently daily like hell because i'm ranked almost 60k (At this time of June 25, 2015) ...
Please elaborate on this.
Oinari-sama
Asked and denied many times anyway:

t/264932
t/254607
t/125605
Ichi

Nekomi- wrote:

Hm...

Repeat that to yourself.. someone bothers you because you are rank 60k? i mean... why do you even talk to that person?, from my point of view he´s a complete ashole or he is just kidding and not being serious at all.

My opinion: It´s not a bad idea, but kinda useless. There are some other things which could be way more important to prioritize than this.
Dromadan
If you're gonna play for fun just do it, nobody cares about your rank, this includes in multi.
If you're playing with some dude who's lower rank than you, he wins and starts thinking he's a special snowflake saying stuff like "hey i won against someone of a higher rank =))))" then he's just a douche and he's not going to get anywhere, so you shouldn't really care about him nor anyone else of your friends that do this.
Please enjoy the game.