Total Posts
Topic Starter
sofus64
pandaBee
Almost every beatmap above 2 stars should be able to net you that amount,
E m i
SS od4 normals with DT+HR, HD is optional
Deva
Look at my top plays, its full of maps like that.
ZenithPhantasm
type in star<3 in song search
Mahogany

HK_ wrote:

Look at my top plays, its full of maps like that.
This but if you're looking for advice please don't do this there are far better ways to gain PP

You won't improve from doing this
ZenithPhantasm

Mahoganytooth wrote:

CXu
Basically what people are saying, although if you find pp-farming to be fun and rewarding, then go for it. Just be aware that it's probably not the greatest way to improve at the game.
Parasyche
use Tillerino or osuTrainer
Topic Starter
sofus64
I do understand that i won't improve that much, but I think it's fun to grind PP :P
Mahogany
But eventually you'll stop gaining PP from those maps, and you won't be able to grind PP anymore, and won't be able to get any for a long time.
Topic Starter
sofus64
Endaris

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Mahoganytooth wrote:

HD is ok. It won't give noticeable bonus-pp compared to nomod though.
pandaBee
Improving = more pp in the long run. PP farming doesn't necessarily make you improve, which means less pp in the long run, but more in the short run.
Yuudachi-kun

pandaBee wrote:

Improving = more pp in the long run. PP farming doesn't necessarily make you improve, which means less pp in the long run, but more in the short run.
Hello. Let me tell you about playing for pp and how you can constantly improve and gain ranks with it. Or do I not count because I don't fit your message?

Except mods at a really low level like normals is dumb
pandaBee

Kheldragar wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

Hello. Let me tell you about playing for pp and how you can constantly improve and gain ranks with it
Whoa there cowboy, slow down and read what I said again.
Yuudachi-kun

pandaBee wrote:

It seems to me your intended message is to say that it doesn't regardless of the use of "necessarily".
pandaBee

Kheldragar wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

It seems to me your intended message is to say that it doesn't regardless of "necessarily".
What are you talking about
Yuudachi-kun
That the whole point of your post was to say that it's something that doesn't happen with "necessarily" being a filler word.

You're like those people who say that you can either improve or play for pp when you can do both if the songs you're playing for pp are actually challenging.
pandaBee

Kheldragar wrote:

That the whole point of your post was to say that it's something that doesn't happen with "necessarily" being a filler word.
No. Huh? You can improve while playing for pp, just not necessarily all the time, especially at lower levels. This is less true at higher levels.
Endaris
But pandaBee talked about pp-farming.
You were never farming, you just kept pushing your limits and used pp as a motivation.
Yuudachi-kun

Endaris wrote:

But pandaBee talked about pp-farming.
You were never farming, you just kept pushing your limits and used pp as a motivation.
It seems to me everyone mentions pp farming as trying to gain a lot of pp and any gain was considered farming. What is it then?
pandaBee
pp farming is when the goal = get pp. Usually involves a lot of retry spamming and fruitpicking.
Yuudachi-kun

pandaBee wrote:

pp farming is when the goal = get pp. Usually involves a lot of retry spamming and fruitpicking.
So what counts as fruit picking? Is playing a map that you can almost fc but not quite and have to strain over a period of time to get an fc considered as fruit picking? Do you have to only play maps whose styles are weird and you can hardly get above a 200 combo for fc? Is it just maps you can fc kind of easily but just miss a few times randomly?
Endaris
pp-farming is when you're minimizing the pp-before-weightage-interval on your topplays by playing as many loweffort-highreward-maps in your skillrange as possible.
Yuudachi-kun

Endaris wrote:

pp-before-weightage-interval on your topplays
What means this?
pandaBee

Kheldragar wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

So what counts as fruit picking? Is playing a map that you can almost fc but not quite and have to strain over a period of time to get an fc considered as fruit picking? Do you have to only play maps whose styles are weird and you can hardly get above a 200 combo for fc? Is it just maps you can fc kind of easily but just miss a few times randomly?
Usually involves trying to fc maps that give you the most pp/skill required.

I.e. which maps are the easiest amongst the ones that I can FC?
Which ones amongst those will give me the most pp?

You've just found which fruits to pick. Now you just need to retry spam your way to the goal!
Yuudachi-kun
But what happens when easiest amongst the ones you can fc aren't actually easy? They're still hard but easy enough that they're probable for you to fc with lots of effort?
show more