forum

Is it normal to tense your arms when playing?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
takaharrue
So I found that I have been tensing my arms while making most of my plays on Osu! really since I have began playing, and now I am trying to play as relaxed as I can, and doing bad. So do most people here tense/flex their arms when playing or is it a bad habit and I should keep trying to play while keeping my arms relaxed?
Shizuyi
I do the same but im pretty sure it is a REALLY bad habit. Especially if songs are fast and i want to single tap it i have to tense my arms so much i lose Stamina after 1 minute playing.
Deva
Its bad, if you cant relax your hands you wont be able to stream.
Yuudachi-kun

HK_ wrote:

He said tense his arm not hand. I tense my arm to stream faster and it works fine.

Shizuyi wrote:

I do the same but im pretty sure it is a REALLY bad habit. Especially if songs are fast and i want to single tap it i have to tense my arms so much i lose Stamina after 1 minute playing.

You just have shit stamina.
Deva

Kheldragar wrote:

He said tense his arm not hand. I tense my arm to stream faster and it works fine.
I legit thought he said hand >_>

I tense my arms too, just make sure that your hands are relaxed. Nothing more.
I Give Up
I think it doesn't matter if you want to tense or not. Just play. I never tense any part of my arm while streaming or single tapping but don't really think about it.
shortpotato
It's fine
Bauxe

HK_ wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

I legit thought he said hand >_>

I tense my arms too, just make sure that your hands are relaxed. Nothing more.
Relaxed arm makes streaming easier too.
Mahogany

HK_ wrote:

Not necessarily true, my streaming speed goes from 150>170 when I tense

OP: It's not necessarily a problem, and in fact it's how I play, just make sure you have the stamina to back up your playstyle or you'll get very shaky
chainpullz
My highest acc HDHR plays were always when I was really tensed up but I was only able to actually get the fc when I relaxed even though it meant dropping from a sexy 98% acc to like 95% in a lot of cases.
KanoSet
it's normal but it's not that good
kleps
You can't learn without tensing up, don't worry about it. Tense up as much as you wont without putting too much thought and after a while your arms will adjust themselves to gradually relax more and more. What you can do fully relaxed usually defines your comfort zone.
K i R a
I played a whole year tensing my arms and hands and now I learnt to play relaxed, I can play much better than before thanks to that but you need practice with that.

Tensing up is okay, it means that you are playing some kind of challenge for you and you are learning, but if you play relaxed that means you are playing naturally and not with artificial movements (like curves when you jump or bad snaping)
deletemyaccount
welp, I've been playing with my hands tensed the whole time.
Ichi
Having both of your arms and hands relaxed makes it easier to aim and stream. Tensing one arm alot more than the other will be even worse because you lose sync too, so force yourself to be relaxed if you can. I couldn´t at first but now its much better
Kouya-
I begin to tense up my arm because they're fatigued when I'm in the middle of constant streams or really hard diffs like extra+

Such a bad habit that I need to stop doing .
ZenithPhantasm
I tense my mouse arm for when I stop my mouse during a jump but its only for a split second, just long enough to stabilize my cursor.