forum

Poll 25: What is your favorite beatmap duration?

posted
Total Posts

What's your favorite beatmap length?

Below 30 seconds
3.96%
30 seconds to 1 minute
6.56%
1 minute to 2 minutes
22.84%
2 minutes to 3 minutes
25.30%
3 minutes to 4 minutes
16.76%
4 minutes to 6 minutes
11.28%
6 minutes to 8 minutes
5.43%
10 minutes plus!
4.83%
30 minutes or more!
3.05%
Total votes: 3538
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
Do you like short and sweet maps? Long, endurance-testing maps? Maps that are middling? Do you like them all? Let us know!

Vote for as many or as little as you like! Please try to make sure you only choose your most favorite durations, though!

If you like, link one of your favorite maps for each of your preferences in a post below!
Maeglwn
voted for 30 minutes plus because I'm cool
Stefan
30 seconds to 1 minute to enjoy things such as MADs, YTPMVs and 1 minute to 2 minutes for Soundtracks from videogames, etc.
silmarilen
anything that's not tv size length.
WujekGrzyb
Maps below 30 seconds make biggest fun for me \o/
topecnz
I voted "10 minutes plus!" because I want more streams :D .. for "practice"
Gochuumon
a
orbital gun

i didn't vote for 30+ because that's above my sanity limit
Tojfel11
What, i thought I can vote for one duration.
Saten
support scores above 2,147,483,647 ! :honk:
Xaele
Chose 4 options to be honest :x

Anywhere between 2-4 minutes is fun for me, and when I want longer maps I look between 4-8 minutes. I just don't have enough stamina to carry on past that without shaky hands ;_;
Mr Capuce
i like 10 minutes plus!
Neil Watts
I like everything more than TV Size duration :D Especially marathons, because they're challenging and are generally some great songs (Anhedonia, jonathanlfj and EvilElvis' maps, Noble or even Secret sister complex :3)

(even if I think most of people will like >1:30 maps because of peppy points)
Howl
Voted the following:

0 sec - 60sec is way too short. 60 sec - 120 sec comprehends TV sizes which I seriously hate.
All other map lengths (except for 6 minutes to 8 minutes because reasons I don't know myself) are great, though! ... until it comes to 30+. That goes over my definition of "sane".
-GN

Saten wrote:

yes please!!
Enkidu
Either shorter 2-3 minute songs with lots of action, or 10+ minute songs that I can zone out and forget about life and just click circles on. It's relaxing :D
Raen
2-15min. 2-4 min for the crazy(and tryhard) ones and 4-15min for the relaxing, tune out the world songs. Or marathons.
30min.....eh.....

1-2min imo is really short, but anime openings/endings cant be helped lel
Liiraye

Saten wrote:

xasuma
2-3 minutes with one break~
3-4 minutes wit two breaks~

Maps over 2.5 minutes without breaks I dislike~
Lach
Around 2 minutes is easily the best duration for rhythm game songs because it's just long enough for two chorus sections and some interesting fill, konami music games all have songs around this format and it works pretty well, for the most part
US_2
10+ 8-)

On them more points for ranked score! :P
sLaiNi
So I am most comfortable with relatively short beatmaps (like the length of an anime intro).
LoliPantsu
anything after 5 minutes makes my fingers feel like they're going to fall off
VeilStar

Honestly these are the most enjoyable durations. Not too short nor too long. I think 1m45s to 2m45s is pretty much perfect for an enjoyable map in a rhythm game.
Trosk-
For me, 3 to 4 minute maps are really enjoyable, since they doesn't feel long at all but neither too short. Also, if they have a short break near the half of the map, it's the perfect equilibrium, personally speaking.
Mahogany
4-7 minute maps imho are the most fun
Lay
I think im just lazy, but less than 30 seconds is fun if its a HDDT map for the likes of myself (CTB player)
Whilst I prefer 30 seconds to a minute cause im a pleb and cant hold combos...
Pituophis

just because 420

I like 2 - 3 minute maps the most. I also like 30 sec - 1 min long maps sometimes. I find quite a few 4 - 6 minute maps enjoyable to play as well. There is this one 11 minute one I enjoy playing a lot.
Blankz_
Top 4. I find long maps funner

-some random guy no one knows
DT-sama

osu! needs more long-ass marathons.
PyaKura
Anything that's around 2 to 4 mins is great to me. However, if I feel like playing longer maps, I'd look into 6 mins and longer maps. I don't consider 5 minutes to be anywhere near being Marathon.
abraker
I chose 0 seconds to 2 minutes (first 3 options) and 6 minutes to 30 minutes or more (last 3 options). I like quick plays most of the time when I want to just speed play through the maps (which is one of the reasons I use DT a lot), but if I want to spend hours playing osu!, I would go for a long marathon and put my stamina to the test. Anything in between is meh to me. It's not too long nor too short, such that you'd expect to choke eventually and give sh*ts about it.
Kamikaze

silmarilen wrote:

anything that's not tv size length.
yes.
Meseki
I prefer playing songs around 1-3 minutes, because I'm used to it from Bemani and it's short enough that trying again and again for a clear or better score doesn't feel quite as tedious.
Malikil
Long maps are best maps.
Looooong maps.
7ambda
TV size is best size. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ciyus Miapah
2 to 4 minutes song is good

yep that's my fav
show more