forum

[invalid] Osu! Gift Card

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
iiko
I think that having an osu! gift card would help a lot of people, since there are a lot of people who can't pay online and are forced to resort to paying with Subway, BK, etc.

Its just an idea.

Please don't hurt me. ;-;
Bara-
Buy a VISA-Prepaid card
Karuta-_old_1
there are people on osu! that actually gives supporter to people, probably happens everyday

encounter in multiplayer room
Flanster
Lets not rely on people's good will and begging for supporter.
Bara-
You need to be really Lucky for that to happen though (or just be a pro)
Yes, I have given 6 months of supporters to others, It's a shame not more people do so
Rilene

baraatje123 wrote:

You need to be really Lucky for that to happen though
I (and lots of people) once got a premium account (26.95$) for free in one cracked server.

_-Sakuya-_ wrote:

I think that having an osu! gift card would help a lot of people, since there are a lot of people who can't pay online and are forced to resort to paying with Subway, BK, etc.

Its just an idea.

Please don't hurt me. ;-;
I agree with the "gift code", but the "gift card"... Hm... I'm not sure is it worth it to invest it, since it would increase the overall payments for osu! and people might not use it alot, so... Maybe someone knows the reason more than me.
Kitokofox
There's a big reason I like to avoid going gift-card. Especially for osu!.

This introduces middlemen into the economic structure. You would have to pay for the card itself, the shipping costs to move the cards into stores, taxes atop of that and then the shop needs at least some money for services, so they're going to up the price a bit. If you ever saw the activation fee on a prepaid card, that's the kind of stuff you're paying for, other than the taxes. It would introduce a lot more expenses and time requirements.

Direct payments allow you to pay up front directly with zero middlemen.

It depends, do you want to pay an extra few dollars to drive to a store, grab a card, and get home? :P

Not to be sarcastic, but a lot of companies do this. It's getting obsoleted by online transactions very quickly. If you feel unsafe, you can use a payment management service like PayPal, and almost any website recognizes it. And even then, if you encounter anything, you can contact your issuing bank.

I'm not going to speak up for peppy, but for these reasons above is probably why there isn't an osu! Gift card and likely never will be.
Topic Starter
iiko
Yeah, can a mod lock this thread or something :P
drum drum

_-Sakuya-_ wrote:

Yeah, can a mod lock this thread or something :P
how about marking it invalid instead