forum

[duplicate] Hiscore Mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
abraker
In standard it's sometimes hard to judge if you are able to beat your highscore after a combo break. So I propose a mod similar to sudden death, but you fail only if you are 100% guaranteed that you are unable to beat your score. This can be applied to other gamemodes as well.
Dephix
this is a dupe to selective PF imo
Topic Starter
abraker
Not exactly. The Selective PF mod allows you to choose a threshold for which you are not allowed to go below. This just is: Either you are able to beat your score or you fail.
xasuma
Same thing looked from a different perspective.
Topic Starter
abraker
But if the selective PF mod get implemented, wouldn't it get annoying setting the limits every time instead of having the system take care of it for you automatically?
Oinari-sama
Selective PF had an evil twin less known to others: t/143050

Post there instead ;)
Topic Starter
abraker
:/ The point was to eliminate the need to set anything. Even in that request you have to set either combo, accuracy, etc. This request eliminates the need to set anything and just focus on beating your highscore. This will allow what I call speed playing: Play a song, if fail, go to next, etc. Even if it's a subset of selective PF or the request you linked, I still believe it not to be a duplicate.

That or the request you linked was vague enough for me to miss the point.
Oinari-sama
Then make it clear in the linked thread? Not every request start out well defined and seriously, how many similar topics do we need to open?