forum

AKINO from bless4 & CHiCO with HoneyWorks - MIIRO vs. Ai no

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Well, it's supposed to mislead people xD.

Seeing as tom94 has fixed the slider-tick issue by widening the window from <1ms to 10ms the slider-tick issue should no longer be an issue.

If this does get DQ'ed for some non meta-data related issue i'll probably just redo the hitsounding myself, thanks Charles, even tho Lach's intentions were really that i didn't use custom "Ta" "To" "Eh" hitsounds for the Tatoe change lol.
IamKwaN

KSHR wrote:

たとえ Even if you edit mp3 and have the right to name it, honestly I disagree with current metadata (especially Artist, Title and Source) that misleads people.. This may be just me though. Well, I will also see how this goes for now.

Gratz anywa
Not only 先輩 \( ‾◡‾)/

Gratz.
Lach

monstrata wrote:

Lach's intentions were really that i didn't use custom "Ta" "To" "Eh" hitsounds for the Tatoe change lol.
No, it was the fact that you have randomly placed hit-claps that feel very disruptive and inconsistent across each difficulty after the song change.
Topic Starter
Monstrata
qq"

so much for #modhelp ;ccccc

Well, lets see how this goes.
snz
:o
randylek
another cancerous meme map

hoooorayyy
Nomination Assessment Team

Disqualification Notice

Hello!

Unfortunately, the Quality Assurance Team has decided to disqualify this beatmap. The following is a list of reasons and examples for the disqualification. We do not outline every issue in detail, so make sure to take the idea behind each reason and apply it to the entire beatmap as issues might be found in more than the spots mentioned below. If you have any questions, please reply to this post and we will do our best to clarify any misunderstandings.

General

Misleading Artist/Title

• The current artist/title is really misleading to the player. You can decide artist/title freely, but we don't accept the current artist/title. Therefore you need to decide a name that does not misleading. I'd like to recommend the following example.
  1. Artist: AKINO from bless4 & CHiCO with HoneyWorks
  2. Title: 海色 & アイのシナリオ
  3. Romanised Title: MIIRO & Ai no Scenario
Unnecessary Source

• Source should be removed because MIIRO and Ai no Scenario are the different anime songs.
    MIIRO is "艦隊これくしょん -艦これ-" and Ai no Scenario is "まじっく快斗1412".

If you happen to have concerns about this disqualification, you can contest the decision with this form. Before using this form, please read the instructions carefully.The Beatmap Nominators may handle this mapset after the issues have been addressed.

Good luck!

###B
danosu
kek disqualified over a title :^)
master5-
Okay, so lesson of today, dont farm maps until they are really ranked,
just dropped 53 pp (570 ranks for me)
Joshua Punkhead
Cant he just change the title and we get our ranks back?
Kyubey
nhlx
then, tell me, QAT, how is THIS ranked the way it is?

bullshit.
Bluekrait
Kaine
If you're going to change title, why not change to AKINO with Honeyworks - MIIRO no Scenario? lol
Spaghetti
contest please.
Heinzen

Raikozen wrote:

then, tell me, QAT, how is THIS ranked the way it is?

bullshit.

Bluekrait wrote:

Umm https://osu.ppy.sh/s/299000 ?

Doesn't matter. This DQ isn't even wrong in the reasoning. Stop crying and play maps whenever they are ranked if you can't contribute with anything else other than rants.
xxdeathx
Ah well the map is still the same, even if the surprise meme element is gone.

I'm more surprised that out of all these diff's not one difficulty-specific or quality issue was found (good job everyone?).
A Mystery
Why does everyone think that since that April fools map got ranked suddenly it's alright to use the wrong meta data? I've seen more people linking that and this map to do the same thing (cough nocturnus).
Talking about creating precedents, geez. That Bad Apple should have never been ranked.
OmegaR
Song: MIIRO
Artist: Monstrata

He could technically make it his own song and keep the same title.
Koiyuki
wrong metadata is just wrong, it can cause dq, so dont be amazed that it happens.
I also dont know why https://osu.ppy.sh/s/299000 can be ranked, maybe justin bieber's song have no source so the mapper can use touhou as source? or it's just a carelessness from QATs.

the mapset itself is quite well, good luck on re-qualifying this, tatoe mix is really funny and interesting lol
Lach
Hey now you can fix the hitsounds

A Mystery wrote:

Why does everyone think that since that April fools map got ranked suddenly it's alright to use the wrong meta data? I've seen more people linking that and this map to do the same thing (cough nocturnus).
Talking about creating precedents, geez. That Bad Apple should have never been ranked.
Sushi makes funny meme 4 years ago and people still think it's still funny to do this kind of thing. I'm surprised nobody has done it with Never Gonna Give You Up yet because that's how dry this kind of humour is.

Wookiezi wrote:

Song: MIIRO
Artist: Monstrata

He could technically make it his own song and keep the same title.
I wouldn't really put remixing into the same boat as copypasting two songs together in a DAW but ok
A Mystery

Lach wrote:

Hey now you can fix the hitsounds

A Mystery wrote:

Sushi makes funny meme 4 years ago and people still think it's still funny to do this kind of thing. I'm surprised nobody has done it with Never Gonna Give You Up yet because that's how dry this kind of humour is.
Yes, it is funny, but now there have to be people to ruin that fun and (complain about) abuse (of) that one-time-april-fools-qualify.
Erishtar

Kyubey wrote:

No.
Can Kyubey be cuter ?
ac8129464363

Minakami Yuki wrote:

wrong metadata is just wrong, it can cause dq, so dont be amazed that it happens.
I also dont know why https://osu.ppy.sh/s/299000 can be ranked, maybe justin bieber's song have no source so the mapper can use touhou as source? or it's just a carelessness from QATs.

the mapset itself is quite well, good luck on re-qualifying this, tatoe mix is really funny and interesting lol
He made the mp3 himself, so he's free to title it as he wants.

Quality Assurance Team wrote:

You can decide artist/title freely, but we don't accept the current artist/title. Therefore you need to decide a name that does not misleading.
The issue brought up by the QAT, however, is that the title he chose is inappropriate for the game. I guess that's up for debate.
Topic Starter
Monstrata

Disqualification Notice

Hello!

Unfortunately, the Quality Assurance Team has decided to disqualify this beatmap. The following is a list of reasons and examples for the disqualification. We do not outline every issue in detail, so make sure to take the idea behind each reason and apply it to the entire beatmap as issues might be found in more than the spots mentioned below. If you have any questions, please reply to this post and we will do our best to clarify any misunderstandings.

General

Misleading Artist/Title

• The current artist/title is really misleading to the player. You can decide artist/title freely, but we don't accept the current artist/title. Therefore you need to decide a name that does not misleading. I'd like to recommend the following example.
Unnecessary Source

• Source should be removed because MIIRO and Ai no Scenario are the different anime songs.

If you happen to have concerns about this disqualification, you can contest the decision with this form. Before using this form, please read the instructions carefully.The Beatmap Nominators may handle this mapset after the issues have been addressed.

Good luck!

###B
Please requalify this map, you're not allowed to use this "Disqualification Notice" anymore.
Buttercup
wtf?
just no
hent2222
fkin serious? rip my pp!@@!111

always popular map is dq.

My dog cri

Topic Starter
Monstrata

Disqualification Notice

Hello!

General

Misleading Artist/Title

Unnecessary Source

Good luck!

###B
On a serious note though, the map was meant to mislead players. I don't think you were aware of that because you wrote "The current artist/title is really misleading to the players" as if it were a statement you concluded on, when it should be a fact from the beginning. Your recommendations miss the point :P.

Talking on #osu.dev with Garven, I will agree that the source could be removed. I will not be changing title/artist though because that's the joke. osu! is also a game, and while players were indeed mislead by the ostensible metadata, the general reception to this Tatoe mix was overwhelmingly positive. People still want to have a laugh too.

Final decision:
Remove Source
Keep Title/Artist

What do you guys think?
Aka

monstrata wrote:

Final decision:
Remove Source
Keep Title/Artist

What do you guys think?
i like the idea about mixing the artists instead though..
AKINO from bless4 & CHiCO with HoneyWorks - TATOE would actually cover both songs, i find it more suitable if we are talking about not so misleading metadata (if not then feel free to ignore me) and "can decide artist/title freely"

im serious lol
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Well, I poked Asphyxia and his opinion was the same as Garven's. The source is definitely incorrect (which i will change) but title/artist are optional even though it is recommended to change them.

I don't want a mash-up because it loses the surprise element and I still want to throw some fun into this set and leave something for players to laugh at.
Kayla
and this ladies and gentlemen is why you dont play qualified maps.
a mapper decides to be deceptive and kills your pp because this genius system cant update meta data without destroying scores.

ps: i have no sympathy for the people who lost pp. i mean dont farm qualified maps. lol dummies.
peppy
If it's a mashup, you should specifically state this in the title (add "bootleg" or something). You can't just change a song and call it the same name as the original.

You aren't trying to surprise people. you llama. That's not what we're here to do.

Do not qualify this map again until someone has checked with me (after a new title has been decided).
Topic Starter
Monstrata

peppy wrote:

If it's a mashup, you should specifically state this in the title (add "bootleg" or something). You can't just change a song and call it the same name as the original.

You aren't trying to surprise people. you llama. That's not what we're here to do.

Do not qualify this map again until someone has checked with me (after a new title has been decided).
Hmm, alright, since peppy disapproves nothing can be done about that lol.

What about:

Title: MIIRO [Bootleg]
Artist: AKINO from bless4 & CHiCO with HoneyWorks
Source: None

Oh, also, would something like "Artist: Tatoe Squad" be allowed in the case of using a [bootleg] tag. Someone suggested this lol.
Kyouren
I really like this metadata:
Artist: AKINO from bless4 vs. CHiCO with Honeyworks
Tittle: MIIRO vs. Ai no Scenario (Tatoe Sekai)

But I think metadata is fine because This song for joke like case Bad Apple and Baby (Neil Watts map) and Bad Apple and Friday (Sushi map)

Because QAT said &, So i think is fine too (And add mashup in tittle or tags)

EDIT:
Wait, who edit this mp3? So who edit this mp3 so let him/her for decides this metadata! (Like case in HELIX (Edit ver.) By Hollow Wings (but mp3 edit by LKs)
Spaghetti
I like the option someone pointed out a while back, to change the artist title to "monstrata" or any other alias of yourself since it technically is your remix. That'll also allow you to keep the surprise element.

I just do not understand how such a professional team can give the thumbs up for one map that does this thing and a fuck you to another map that does the same because the "rules and standards change everyday." I'd find it kind of offensive in my opinion how they're giving someone else special privileges.

By the way, since Yuii- quit, you can probably rework your hitsounds now if you aren't happy with them.
KSHR

monstrata wrote:

What about:

Title: MIIRO [Bootleg]
Source: None

Since I'm not an English native, I don't know if Bootleg is an appropriate word. If it is, I'd personally say it's much better.
Well, I'm not the one who can make the decision. Take this just as one opinion.

Good luck, monstrata
peppy
For remixes, you don't change the artist. You have (xxxx mix) after it.

I think changing the title to the "vs" one works best, too.
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Bootleg is an english word yes. It would definitely fit in this case.

"A bootleg recording is an audio or video recording of a performance that was not officially released by the artist or under other legal authority."

I'm fine with "MIIRO [Bootleg]". Peppy wanted to see something like that added to the title which is fine by me.

I guess the Artist being "AKINO from bless4 & CHiCO with HoneyWorks" is fine too, but "Tatoe Squad" would be cool, as would "AKINO from bless4 vs. CHiCO with HoneyWorks." I'd prefer one of the latter choices if I was allowed that option.

Thanks for your opinion KSHR!!

I'll try and get this set rolling again some time this week after i rework the hitsounds.
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Hmmm Alright. I like the "vs." one too tbh xD. Artist will stay as "&" and not vs. since we can't change the artist(s). Alright, thanks for confirming, peppy!

Title: MIIRO vs. Ai no Scenario
Kyouren
I like your opinion, monstrata xD
Artist: AKINO from bless4 & CHiCO with Honeyworks
Tittle: MIIRO vs. Ai no Scenario

But about Previewtime, I think is nice if you put in Ai no Scenario and just my ear is problem or not, but why mp3 quality is bad? (Volume is bad to listening)
show more