forum

AKINO from bless4 & CHiCO with HoneyWorks - MIIRO vs. Ai no

posted
Total Posts
show more
Cherry Blossom

xxdeathx wrote:

dude who the hell cares
Loctav cares. And he confirmed this is an unrankable issue.
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Uhh can we get context on that? Because other QAT's say it's not unrankable and they've given adequate explanations for why red/green line stacking isn't unrankable.

I fixed anyways to avoid d r a m a. But i've always thought they were perfectly rankable just unnecessary (but who the hell cares).
A Mystery
How does osu actually handle it? Does it take the hitsound sample set of the inherited point or the timing point? Maybe it could cause some bugs? I've seen maps where the same thing was done and after mentioning it people realized they weren't using the hitsounds they intended to use, because the editor used the hitsounds of one of the points (usually it's simple things like 70% volume instead of 50%, so they don't always notice it)

I think he has a fair point, worth removing to avoid issues
Hinsvar

xxdeathx wrote:

Blizs wrote:

[Kyshiro's Extra]
00:55:692 -
I know the green line was necessary for SV change, but don't give a different sampleset between the green line and red line.
dude who the hell cares
Please don't tell me you're serious. Different samplesets can't be played at the same time, just like when you have different volume values at the same time.
Topic Starter
Monstrata
xxdeathx's point is valid though. stacked red/green lines literally don't matter. Here's an explanation from what I know, a lot of this is just paraphrasing from talking with other QAT's

How red/green lines work is, osu will always prioritize green over red lines. try it with any map. change the red line to soft, and add a green line with Normal sampleset. Osu will make the section Normal and not soft. You can see this with SV changes. Osu will always take the green line value so if theres an SV change between red/green, the section will never be 1.00x SV. Green > Red

The problem is when theres two stacked red lines or two stacked green lines.

Two stacked green lines with different sampleset = osu doesn't known which value to choose so it may take from both, or combine values:
Example, Green Line 1 = 20% volume, sampleset Soft,
Green Line 2 = 50% volume, sampleset Normal,
You may get an output like = 50% volume, sampleset soft. which takes values from both green lines. It's the same idea with red lines. Green line is 1st priority, and red line is 2nd priority. If they are stacked, osu will always take the green line value over the red line value.

Green = Green > Red = Red

I'd like some context as to why this is considered unrankable besides the fact that you heard someone say so. I trust information that i've tested to be true over 2nd hand information xP.
Setz
rip the title and artist.

We've entered the serious face zone. no fun allowed. I guess this also marks the end of the bad apple trolls.

Maybe you would've had better luck if you tried to rank this around April fools, but who knows, the QAT's whims are ever changing.
Erishtar
QAT's Ruining osu :l
Deceitful
rip the meem
Blizs
I'm sorry ;w;
I don't know if it will be a serious discussion. Actually I don't really know if it unrankable or not. But I post that mod because I read that problem in Ranking Criteria

Ranking Criteria wrote:

Timing

1. No two uninherited or two inherited timing sections should be placed at the same point. An inherited timing section may be placed on an uninherited timing section (but only to change the slider speed). Having two uninherited or two inherited sections on top of each other will cause problems within the beatmap.
There I read that we can put a red line and green line at the same point just for change the SV. I'm just affraid if this amazing meme XD mapset become DQed with this reason :(
once again sorry ;w;
Topic Starter
Monstrata
No worries, thanks for your concerns.

Tbh the ranking criteria wording could be improved. It only mentions "two uninherited sections" and "two inherited sections" causing problems in the map, not an Uninherited and Inherited section. Anyways, i already removed them anyways to avoid drama, we're just discussing the rule, hopefully some context/clarification can be given in the future.
ayygurl
Please do not kick Kyshiro's diff ;_; .
Secretpipe
Ranked!
meii18
Regratz! MIIRO <3
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Shohei Ohtani
The next person that fucking says "QAT ruining osu!" is seriously going to make me shit on a child.

I think everyone here knows that I literally am not in support of unwarranted defense of the QAT, as I have a lot of issues with many members of the team. However, shut the fuck up and stop your bitching about "omg QAT ruin game :(((!!!"

Mostly because, firstly, it's not just QAT that has issues with the metadata. Literally peppy came in and complained about it. Which, while you can go off about how peppy isn't a good player or some other shit, it's worth something when the creator of the game and manager of the entire staff comes in and discusses an issue. But the thing between you guys and peppy is that peppy is giving legitimate reasoning and talking like an adult, and the mapper is defending his points but also willing to make changes because that is the general concensus of what makes better quality maps within multiple teams. And sometimes that may change over time, especially on things that are super subjective and rare like this. And often times that's a byproduct of people viewing things in a different light, sharing those opinions, and convincing others that one side may be better than the other.

If you guys actually want to sort of like, you know, assist in making these rules more consistent, then do that here with legitimate reasoning as to why you feel a rule should be handled a certain way. Is it a relatively slow process that doesn't get instant gratification? A little bit, yeah, but it's still an open forum to have legitimate discussion rather than putting the blame on QATs who are legitimately concerned about issues in the map and are handling it in a sensible and logical way.

It doesn't help your case to be a little whiny bitch in a map thread, especailly when the mapper has been cooperative in adjusting minor things based on what others have said. It's not going to help anything, it's not going to convince anybody to change their opinions, and it's not going to help the betterment of osu!.

I don't give a fuck what this map is called, but I give a fuck about how this community wishes to influence maps and ranking criteria. And right now you guys are literally being babies about it. Learn to take things into your own hands in a productive manner rather than being a bag of shit.

incoming silence but it's worth it since I really am annoyed that people just take to being babies about QAT unranks because of something that actually probably requires legitimate discussion as they're issues we've not really dealt with before that often

also this rant is rushed since someone is literally waiting outside to drive me somewhere soooo
Topic Starter
Monstrata
^I'd kd's that if I could. Thanks Reditum!

Yea. It sucks we weren't able to keep the original metadata but lets move on from that.

Yes yes, there are exceptions, but not everyone has the time to check every map with "misleading metadata", especially not someone like peppy.

Anyways lets see how this goes :D.
Piine
Congraulation to the reranking. @TatoeforPresident
Gamu
Congrats!!
Secretpipe
Hope it doesn't get DQ again :p
A Mystery
Congratz everyone!
Glad the meta data is "correct" now, otherwise even more people will use this as an example when they want to use the wrong meta-data, though I still feel like people will use that bad apple map now. Creating precedents is dangerous.
Blizs
Gratzzz for requalify~~ >w< Hope there's no DQ this time.

another version of tatoe song lol
Haruto
Re-congrats Monstrata and everyone! :D
-Sh1n1-
Re-gratz monstrata
Bara-
Gratz!
Also, nice post Reditum!
Sharkie
monstrata have my babies
PLEASE HAVE MY BABIES
I BEG YOU
Kyouren
Regratzz~
ggmwr
You should use lossless source for editing, converting lossy format to lossy format (mp3) results in very crappy sound. It is very noticeable even without headphones.
walaowey
Regratz :)
Ongaku
I'd be rich if I had a dollar for every tatoe I've heard or seen.
Yuzeyun
lol

make a business off this in japan
rorarii
RANK PLS
ISISBooze
Is this is complete, it wont get to pending ver. again?
Bara-
Why should it?
It's ranked now
Gratz Monstrata!
Xinely
congrats for real \:DD/
Catgirl
TATOE
tetyys
why the sound quality is SO LOW on this?
Melophobia
Tatoe is awesomely awesome
polka
All of this miiro is giving me a complex.
Ning Xue

peppy wrote:

If it's a mashup, you should specifically state this in the title (add "bootleg" or something). You can't just change a song and call it the same name as the original.

You aren't trying to surprise people. you llama. That's not what we're here to do.

Do not qualify this map again until someone has checked with me (after a new title has been decided).
Underforest
@bewitching Is useless to quote if the beatmap is ranked right now o3o
show more