forum

difference between computer/ monitor?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-SprinG-
i have been playing on my new computer/ monitor for a month or so. but it seems to feel that when i play ar 10 the circle seems alittle bit too fast.
i am having a CCA in my school named cyber games club and i played osu! over there. when i play ar10 it seems like it was my ar9.5 when i played on my computer... can someone help me :(
current computer specs.
i5-4590 3.30GHz With Corsair water cooler
GIGABYTE Windforce GTX970
Samsung 128GB SSD
Western Digital 1TB Hard Disk
Corsair Vengence Pro 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz
Running on a 60 hz 27 inch Dell widescreen monitor 1080p
osu runs on windows at a 1440x900
DeletedUser_3905941
Well the difference between the computer and monitor is one displays the computer's output.
I'm actually shocked you don't know the difference with specs like that, unless you're fucking with me.
If you also want to know why ar10 is too fast for you, it's because you need to play it more.
Topic Starter
-SprinG-
I can play ar 9.7 at max at my computer but i can still read ar 10 with ease. Just wondering why when i played it on the computer at my school it seems easier
DeletedUser_3905941
Well that makes sense. The monitors can help you read ar's better, but even at 120hz I can't read past ar9.
Do you know what model your monitor is? The monitors at your school may have higher refresh rates.
Topic Starter
-SprinG-
The monitors at my school is a classic 19inch 60hz monitor( not sure of the brand tho )
mine is a dell S2740L
autoteleology
Was the monitor at your school a CRT / box monitor?
ZenithPhantasm
Most likely because the screen you have at home is a 60 hz IPS while the screen at your school is a 75hz TN which is better for gaming but bad for everything else.
deletemyaccount
The size and distance you are sitting from the monitor can also have a dramatic effect on you're play.

also nice rig ;)
autoteleology

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Most likely because the screen you have at home is a 60 hz IPS while the screen at your school is a 75hz TN which is better for gaming but bad for everything else.
Because school monitors are routinely overclocked
Topic Starter
-SprinG-
Ill try over clocking my monitor to 75Hz and give it a try :D

Philosofikal wrote:

Was the monitor at your school a CRT / box monitor?
My school uses tn monitor and so does my home
deletemyaccount

Philosofikal wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Because school monitors are routinely overclocked
my school uses Asus RoG Swift 1440p G-Sync 144hz IPS 27" monitors