forum

[Discussion] Posting as QAT

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rakuen
Hey, just wanna discuss something here, hope no one minds

So posting as QAT thing came up, and I've asked a few QAT why is it here, who suggested and implemented this? From a QAT (not mentioning who), "common sense" was the answer given, including answers like "flames, drama happen after the DQ, so a way to relieve that"

This is recently discussed somewhere else but I'm just gonna necro it. In my opinion, we should state who DQ-ed the map. It's important, imagine if BN work as one, and rank a map, posting as "Beatmap Nominators decide to give a chance on the map". My point is it does not help to decrease haters or anything, and we do not know if every member of QAT agrees with the disqualification (DQ). Because, as far as I know (before) 2 members of QAT agree on a DQ and it's done. What we want to know is who is sitting behind the computer screen and click all the buttons, write the 10 pages long mods.

Hinsvar stated:
  1. Nominators judge that a map is ready to be nominated
  2. The QAT judges whether a map is ready or not
  3. BNG, while a group, basically has its members working alone. Individually.
So does it mean 2 bubbles + 1 fire don't mean anything? We often discuss issues we are not sure about, here, on the board, and I do not think it is true.

Okay, so the "Post as QAT" thing is here, really, let's see one of the post, what do we get:

Basically people are still posting replies likely "dramatic":

_

_

_

Apparently if a DQ contest is succeed, it's likely the whole team's fault, sort of discrimination like "oh look, it's a group of Asians". Also, that we know who is doing the job, who is not doing the job (busy irl something), and who is just fkin around.

And just so, I heard from some said, a part of QAT is not volunteered, they do not want to be QAT but did not sound, yet.

Roughly all from me, any opinion would be much appreciated, we should work together after all, not just QAT or BN circling each other in the groups, keeping everything "TOP SECRET".

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: added my reply (23 June 2015, 10AM GMT+8)

Garven wrote:

I do agree the template needs work, and we are working to make it more useful for both mappers and the QAT.
Yay you get me ^_^
Would be appreciated if this is going on
I wrote that essay there just to make it look buff, or maybe I should write it simple so everyone could understand? o.O

A few things for the MAPPERS and BEATMAP NOMINATORS here! (just to let you know I did not blame (or possibly offended) QATs for any disqualification)

So far, I have never seen any ridiculous DQs, and in my opinion, such dramas or anything is not needed, where most of them are started by those "top players" or BNs who do not want their score dropped because of the mistakes made.

And maybe, just maybe, we could be more open sometimes (QATs too). If you really want to learn and improve, you should listen to the others, try your best to accept opinions from the experts / experienced. Else, give your honest and deepest explaination of why you did not etc.

Another thing, when you guys writing a DQ post, make sure it's not too complicated enough, do not use your University or Ph.D whatever level of English, make them simple, not too long or hard to read. I believe if the mappers get the idea, they would mostly change.

Last thing to add, I would really wish when QATs write their DQs, they list who agreed to the DQ post, even it's only 1 - 2 person, it's totally fine. We know we can not get all the QATs together for a DQ all the time, hope you understand this.

Of course, further opinions are welcomed :)
Hinsvar

Rakuen wrote:

Hinsvar stated:
  1. Nominators judge that a map is ready to be nominated
  2. The QAT judges whether a map is ready or not
  3. BNG, while a group, basically has its members working alone. Individually.
Actually I should've said "Nominators judge that a map is ready to be nominated as a ranked map" but whatever lol

That's all; I'm here just to say that. I'll likely keep reading this thread to see what happens, though. I am interested in this topic.
Sieg
oh my, I'm on tv (:
Karen
Agree with Rakuen.
The 'Post as QAT' actually can't decrease drama after disqualifications. Becasue the true contradiction in this new ranking system is that between Bns and the Quality Assurance Team. It makes no sense to hide the QAT who dqed one map.

Also, i want to complain on the dq templet.
It is really hard to read dq posts now since the words in dq posts all queeze together which make mappers and many others very confused.
For example, lets see this dq post in my map:

See thess dq reasons, how much time do you spend to understand the typesetting? At the first time i saw this post i thought the last 4 dq reasons are all uncluded in the dq reasons of wkyik's Expert diff, so i thought my Insane diff was fine. then i made the following post, i'm so baka.
I also asked some friends to see this, they are all same with me. No one noticed the '-'.
Hope this templet can be improved.

Just my personal opinion. :3 :)
Wafu
Well.. it won't decrease the drama, but if QAT disqualifies a map with invalid reason, he'll be considered as the worst QAT because he did some wrong and might get offended. This way direct offense is not possible. If he is doing his job wrong, he'll be punished by getting kick-off the QAT - The QAT himself doesn't deserve additional punishment by community.
Sieg
Pereira006

Sieg wrote:

L M A O
Cherry Blossom
The real problem is, you can't talk personally to the QAT that DQed your map anymore.
Too much headache ~
Kibbleru
there should be another layer above QAT who's job is to disagree with them 8D
Sieg

Kibbleru wrote:

t/325973
Alarido
First, how QAT decides about DQ?

1. If the whole QAT (their members altogether) is going to discuss among themselves and then deciding (either by consensus or voting as a senate) about a quality (or a un-quality¹) of a given mapset, then posting as TPTB² profile becomes acceptable (at least under my sight, imho). This shouldn't cause any bad reaction.

2. BUT... if every member of the QAT do the work individually (like the BN ones), then the poster's name should be known. And... also, in this case, a member of the QAT can ask another to help clarify certain things right before shooting that broken heart.

Second, how to avoid such drama?

3. It's simply impossible. However, it could be (at least) diminished by handling DQ as a natural -- even though undesirable -- event, instead of crying or screaming profanity aloud. DQ risk is now going to be like the risk of losing some money at NYSE -- yes, even as a fruit of an human fault or unknowledge, it still a thing to learn from and go forth. Stop crying, man! Onward, soldiers!

1. If some (or all these) words does not make sense, just ignore. I've no time for the marriage state.
2. I'll never be part of QAT because I don't want.

Sieg wrote:

Kibbleru wrote:

t/325973
that's litteraly just so people can put their hate elsewhere. like this system.
most of these things are just to protect the QATs from being hated on.
Krfawy
Pretty sure there should be something like 'Posting as a BNG member'. LOL2

Wafu wrote:

Well.. it won't decrease the drama, but if QAT disqualifies a map with invalid reason, he'll be considered as the worst QAT because he did some wrong and might get offended. This way direct offense is not possible. If he is doing his job wrong, he'll be punished by getting kick-off the QAT - The QAT himself doesn't deserve additional punishment by community.
Emm... Dramas exist everywhere so being blamed/behatred is something usual in the Internet and in osu! so... What do you mean by writing 'additional punishment by community'? Like memes and 'oh lool it's dat nub trololololo go kill ursulf' and etc? If yes, well, it happens everywhere. Nobody's able to avoid it and there's always an option named 'BAN' if the hate is too harmful and of course some people can be silenced until they learn to behave and stuff.

By the way I have no idea where to post it, so please just give me a link where I can do it. I wish there would be more complex lists of DQ reasons like BNs who pop the bubbles and everything is listed. QATs are like 'So look at this ugly slider. There are loads of similar ones so go and fix them all on your own since we have no time to show you all of these we want to be fixed'. And yes, I am aware of tons of qualified maps and so few QATs to check them all. And no, it's not a good reason or an excuse to say 'this reason is good enough to be so stingy while writing a DQ post when we are in hurry'. This will only cause instant DQs like 'Hey, you forgot about more unpolished things! DQ no 369, BNG members will handle this beatmap once again!' However, if it's something you want to get because DQs give you more points in your own top secret rankings or help you to stay as QATs, then I don't mind.
Lally
i just lol'd i'm sorry xD
funny how they choise to act
Kurai
In my point of view, this is a good idea. The QAT should not be working as individuals, they are the team ensuring the quality of the content that is being added to this game.

They should be speaking in the name of the game administration, not as themselves. If a DQ has to be contested, the blame should be put on the whole team, then internal discussions will arise and whatever happens to the QAT members is no public matters.
Kodora

Alarido wrote:

Make simple, clean and unsubjective DQ criteria and just follow them. No dramas gonna happen even once this will be done.

P.S. I agree with Kurai.
Alarido

Kodora wrote:

Alarido wrote:

Make simple, clean and unsubjective DQ criteria and just follow them. No dramas gonna happen even once this will be done.

P.S. I agree with Kurai.
You won the night with Akatsuki girl (Log Horizon). Surely.

Making a very clear set of a few statements looks the best. So DQ would occur just if at least one of things below occur:

* wrong timing (obvious)
* wrong title/artist/source
* wrong mapped rhythms that are so obvious
* by request of mapper (for fixing something)
* nsfw video/sb/skins (explicit nudity or near-nudity)
* excessive/massive/song-unwise overmapping

Unplayability would be not an excuse for DQ except if something in the map break rules (e.g., burai sliders); otherwise, maps that are playable by thelewa/cookiezi/wwf may not be playable for you/me.

In addition, every QAT should be able to achieve at least an A grade in Expert difficulties in a minimum of ten mapsets.
lolcubes
Hi.
Krfawy

lolcubes wrote:

Hi.
Hey! Hi! Hello!
meii18

Alarido wrote:

You won the night with Akatsuki girl (Log Horizon). Surely.

Making a very clear set of a few statements looks the best. So DQ would occur just if at least one of things below occur:

* wrong timing (obvious)
* wrong title/artist/source
* wrong mapped rhythms that are so obvious
* by request of mapper (for fixing something)
* nsfw video/sb/skins (explicit nudity or near-nudity)
* excessive/massive/song-unwise overmapping

Unplayability would be not an excuse for DQ except if something in the map break rules (e.g., burai sliders); otherwise, maps that are playable by thelewa/cookiezi/wwf may not be playable for you/me.

In addition, every QAT should be able to achieve at least an A grade in Expert difficulties in a minimum of ten mapsets.
I really agree with Alarido.The QATs disqualify maps when a map have unrankable issues like wrong snappings,wrong metadata and other things mentioned by Alarido.
The QAT's roles are to check the quality of the mapset during qualify state.If they found lack of quality or anything which I mentioned below,the map can be disqualified. They are not disqualify just for ugly sliders for example because anybody have his/her sliderstyle
show more