forum

[Archived] Osu shows 2 times in the Control panel of Windows?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shizuyi
I dont know exactly for long it is like this but today i realized that it shows osu 2 times in the control pnale, where you can uninstall prgoramms.

Nothing serious but it is still annoying. Anyone knows how to fix this? i already reinstalled osu!

osu! version: 20150619.2cuttingedge
Trosk-
Seems like you are not the only one. t/339212 I don't have this problem tho...
VeilStar

VeilStar wrote:

Right click the bar where it says Name, Publisher, Version, etc and add Source to it and see for yourself?
Topic Starter
Shizuyi
That way i can uninstall them yes. But that is not what i want to do since i already tried that!
VeilStar

Shizuyi wrote:

That way i can uninstall them yes. But that is not what i want to do since i already tried that!
You probably misunderstood. What I'm saying is to enable the Source column to see the path of the osu! installations to see where - and hopefully why - this is.

Topic Starter
Shizuyi
It doesnt show the source if i activate it.
Topic Starter
Shizuyi
No News about this?

I just had a fresh installation of Windows due to other problems. This can not be only happening to me!
TheVileOne
The registry determines what programs get shown in your uninstalled programs list. If there are two entries there, then the registry must have a duplicate registry key for osu!. This perhaps happened if you tried to install it a second time or manually tried to remove the program and reinstalled osu! at some point.
Topic Starter
Shizuyi
Well i had a totally new and fresh installed system so that is not possible.
TheVileOne
Something must have duplicated it while installing. I can investigate further, but this is very low priority.
Topic Starter
Shizuyi
AT least looking into it would be nice. Maybe its important to mention that i use the "old installer" since i want to choose where to install osu!
Trosk-

Shizuyi wrote:

AT least looking into it would be nice. Maybe its important to mention that i use the "old installer" since i want to choose where to install osu!
You can change the location where osu! will be installed on the current installer too...

Translate:
Hi!
osu! will be installed on <route> in 5 seconds...
Click here to to change the location.
chong601

Something's not right here....
(but i do kinda wrecked osu! installations a bit though)
VeilStar
Meanwhile I have an installation that doesn't show a path aswell as another one (with the old logo) that points to a non-existant temp folder.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(I have 3 osu! installations, the initial release one, my usual one, and another one I don't even use. None of them match the ones found in the control panel.)
Topic Starter
Shizuyi

Trosk- wrote:

Shizuyi wrote:

You can change the location where osu! will be installed on the current installer too...

Translate:
Hi!
osu! will be installed on <route> in 5 seconds...
Click here to to change the location.
And how do i change this then?

For me both dont show their source... Hmm strange
Trosk-

Shizuyi wrote:

And how do i change this then?

For me both dont show their source... Hmm strange
It doesn't show the source for me too.. Don't worry much...