forum

JonTron ft. Schmoyoho - Titenic: The JonSong

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Med-Draak
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, November 16, 2015 at 12:31:47 AM

Artist: JonTron ft. Schmoyoho
Title: Titenic: The JonSong
Tags: Birds vs Camel, JonTron, Titenic, Schmoyoho
BPM: 122.14
Filesize: 31645kb
Play Time: 02:57
Difficulties Available:
  1. In Belfast (1.41 stars, 107 notes)
  2. In Southampton (1.94 stars, 166 notes)
  3. To Davy Jones' Locker (2.8 stars, 481 notes)
  4. To New York City (2.19 stars, 268 notes)
Download: JonTron ft. Schmoyoho - Titenic: The JonSong
Download: JonTron ft. Schmoyoho - Titenic: The JonSong (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Still waiting on CoD Black Ops II Sunk Boats DLC announcement. ;_ ;

Currently waiting for mods.

If you'd like to mod, add your own difficulty, or see anything that needs improvement, feel free to let me know!

Major Updates
~YUS I FINALLY GOT THE VIDEO WORKING (9/9/15)!
~By Jove, I think I finally got the video done goodly (9/12/15)!
~Applied another change from Mofu kun + edited some slider lengths (10/8/15)
~Applied changes suggested by Cheesecake (11/10/15).
~Changed the timing and shifted the notes to fit the new one provided by daavko. I'll need to adjust their positioning (11/15/15).

Special Thanks to....
-Mofu kun
-Cheesecake
-daavko
Mofu kun
“you can leave a complaint in the complaint box, but i don’t check that shit.”

mod
[General]
Fix naming inconsistency with diff names. In Belfast, To New York City, make them both In or both To.
Fix AIMod issues. (Ctrl+shift+A)
disable widescreen support, as there is no storyboard for this map.
the HP drain rate is far too high. please lower it.
iirc, video can be imported just by dragging and dropping into the editor interface.

[To Davy Jones’ Locker]
00:03:167 - i think that the map should begin here. mapping to the into vocals, which is just the singer talking is very difficult to play, as there is no rhythm to actually play to with spoken word.
00:05:213 (1,1,1,1,1,1,2) - NC (new combo) spam. i think that the amount of NCs should be reduced. please fix this during the rest of the map as well. (another example is 00:13:054 (1,1,1,1,1,1,2) ).
combos should look more like this
00:10:213 (2) - this slider spans multiple syllables of the word ‘boosiest’. i think that it should be split into multiple sliders and/or notes so that the syllables are properly emphasized.
00:17:258 (3,4) - same as 00:10:213 (2), the slider spans multiple syllables.
00:19:531 (1) - the decision to map this to a spinner doesn’t make much sense to me. there isn’t any sort of build up or slow decrease of strength, it’s just the word remember. i think that this should be changed to a slider or notes.
00:21:236 (4) - the slider is inconsistently spaced with the rest of the stream. just make the spacing consistent here.
00:32:713 (2) - this slider shape disrupts the flow of the map imo because it directs the cursor away from note 3, making it inconsistent with the linear style of the map, and making it awkward to play this as well. i think that it should be remapped so that the sliderend faces the next note.
00:41:349 (3,4,5) - notes 4 and 5 are spaced inconsistently than notes 3 and 4. please make the spacing consistent.
00:44:758 (4,5) - i think that this should be made into a single slider because both of these notes are part of the same word. (noble).
00:49:645 (5) - it sounds like this slider should end a little bit earlier. (00:49:986). i think this because the stress on the re syllable of married takes place a little bit earlier than where this slider ends.
00:51:349 (1) -the same problem as 00:19:531 (1).
00:58:508 (7,8,9) - these notes aren’t straight. just align them and make sure that they’re straight.
01:01:122 - i think that a note should be placed here. the word ‘her’ is fairly prominent here, and imo, should be accounted for with a note.
01:01:917 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - this stream, while all the notes fit the words, feels off to me. the sentence ‘and he lighted on a couple of her other things too’ is said fast enough to be able to be mapped to a stream, but imo, it should be mapped to notes for the single syllable words, and sliders for the two syllable words.
01:24:531 (3) - im pretty sure that this note takes place after the vocal of ‘cobras?’, and should be deleted.
01:25:440 (2,2) - ^
01:29:872 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - refer to 01:01:917 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12).
01:39:531 (2,3,4) - the flow into the slider from these two notes is pretty bad imo. the slider should be moved up a bit so the cursor movement from 2 to 3 leads into the slider.
01:41:510 (1) - this note isn’t centered between the two notes before and after it, meaning that the spacing is inconsistent between the two. and should be made consistent.
01:49:351 (1) - ^
02:34:417 (1,2,3) - i think that this pattern is very difficult to read because of the quick alternate between the notes, and should be made into 3 stacked notes.
02:35:213 (5) - it sounds like this note starts right before the vocal “this”, and should be moved ¼ later into the map.
02:36:348 (1,2,3,4) - i think that the 1,2,3 notes should all be stacked, and the slider be moved ¼ back into the map, making it consistent with 02:34:417 (1,2,3).
02:38:394 (1,2,3,4) - this pattern is a very sudden spike of difficulty compared to the rest of the map imo, and should be changed into something easier, like a stream.
02:46:349 (2) - i think that this slider should be moved to the left a tiny bit so that it flows from note one and into note 3 better.

this is a std map right? (if not, just look at the mods related to the note placement on the timeline, rather than flow.)

edit: thank you for the kudosu stars, but where is the mod response?
Topic Starter
Med-Draak
Sorry, I've been busy today. The kudos was sort of a way to say "I'm working on it." Everything is done now.

I think I'm doing this right.

Mofu kun wrote:

[General]
Fix naming inconsistency with diff names. In Belfast, To New York City, make them both In or both To. -I think I'm gonna leave this as is. I get where the problem lies, but I prefer it like this.
Fix AIMod issues. (Ctrl+shift+A) -Fixed all the unsnapped notes, but I'll have to find a better audio source sometime.
disable widescreen support, as there is no storyboard for this map.
the HP drain rate is far too high. please lower it.
-Lowered to 6.5
iirc, video can be imported just by dragging and dropping into the editor interface. -I'll try this out, and update it with the result. I forgot to update, oops. I had to drop it in as a .wav, because that's the only file type it would accept for me for... some...reason... IDK.

[To Davy Jones’ Locker]
00:03:167 - i think that the map should begin here. mapping to the into vocals, which is just the singer talking is very difficult to play, as there is no rhythm to actually play to with spoken word.
00:05:213 (1,1,1,1,1,1,2) - NC (new combo) spam. i think that the amount of NCs should be reduced. please fix this during the rest of the map as well. (another example is 00:13:054 (1,1,1,1,1,1,2) ).
combos should look more like this
-Agreed, fixed.
00:10:213 (2) - this slider spans multiple syllables of the word ‘boosiest’. i think that it should be split into multiple sliders and/or notes so that the syllables are properly emphasized.
00:17:258 (3,4) - same as 00:10:213 (2), the slider spans multiple syllables. -In hindsight, fixed both rather than one.
00:19:531 (1) - the decision to map this to a spinner doesn’t make much sense to me. there isn’t any sort of build up or slow decrease of strength, it’s just the word remember. i think that this should be changed to a slider or notes. -I'll change it to a slider, but it was there to act as a lead-in to the chorus.
00:21:236 (4) - the slider is inconsistently spaced with the rest of the stream. just make the spacing consistent here.
00:32:713 (2) - this slider shape disrupts the flow of the map imo because it directs the cursor away from note 3, making it inconsistent with the linear style of the map, and making it awkward to play this as well. i think that it should be remapped so that the sliderend faces the next note.
00:41:349 (3,4,5) - notes 4 and 5 are spaced inconsistently than notes 3 and 4. please make the spacing consistent.
00:44:758 (4,5) - i think that this should be made into a single slider because both of these notes are part of the same word. (noble). -I feel like there's enough of a spacing between both syllables to justify keeping them separate.
00:49:645 (5) - it sounds like this slider should end a little bit earlier. (00:49:986). i think this because the stress on the re syllable of married takes place a little bit earlier than where this slider ends. -That sounds a lot better.
00:51:349 (1) -the same problem as 00:19:531 (1).
00:58:508 (7,8,9) - these notes aren’t straight. just align them and make sure that they’re straight.
01:01:122 - i think that a note should be placed here. the word ‘her’ is fairly prominent here, and imo, should be accounted for with a note. -The note at 01:01:236 (5) - fills this note position better to me.
01:01:917 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - this stream, while all the notes fit the words, feels off to me. the sentence ‘and he lighted on a couple of her other things too’ is said fast enough to be able to be mapped to a stream, but imo, it should be mapped to notes for the single syllable words, and sliders for the two syllable words. -It did feel off to me too, but I felt like doing this would throw it off more than it actually did. Either way, done.
01:24:531 (3) - im pretty sure that this note takes place after the vocal of ‘cobras?’, and should be deleted.
01:25:440 (2,2) - ^

01:29:872 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - refer to 01:01:917 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12).
01:39:531 (2,3,4) - the flow into the slider from these two notes is pretty bad imo. the slider should be moved up a bit so the cursor movement from 2 to 3 leads into the slider. -Yeah, that was atrocious. I moved around some of the notes following it to help it flow better.
01:41:510 (1) - this note isn’t centered between the two notes before and after it, meaning that the spacing is inconsistent between the two. and should be made consistent.
01:49:351 (1) - ^

02:34:417 (1,2,3) - i think that this pattern is very difficult to read because of the quick alternate between the notes, and should be made into 3 stacked notes.
02:35:213 (5) - it sounds like this note starts right before the vocal “this”, and should be moved ¼ later into the map.
02:36:348 (1,2,3,4) - i think that the 1,2,3 notes should all be stacked, and the slider be moved ¼ back into the map, making it consistent with 02:34:417 (1,2,3).
02:38:394 (1,2,3,4) - this pattern is a very sudden spike of difficulty compared to the rest of the map imo, and should be changed into something easier, like a stream.

02:46:349 (2) - i think that this slider should be moved to the left a tiny bit so that it flows from note one and into note 3 better.

this is a std map right? -Right.

Most of the changes have been made, any reasoning for leaving them as such have been left in their respective detailing. I appreciate your time and efforts!
Cheesecake
Hi, from modding queue

I would have declined this since it's a troll song, but I feel I can give some general help anyway

[General]

This song just isn't right for mapping, there's no main instruments to map to, only really vocals which is done the whole way through, this just isn't really done anymore except in small / slow parts. Can't really blame you for that though, just a matter of the song being bad

You've used blue ticks for normal objects a lot, this might just be the song being timed incorrectly.

I also saw that you used lots of inconsistent spacing, like 00:25:326 (3,4,5) - on the highest difficulty, it's timed in 1/2 beats but there's some strange gap between (3) and (4). There's plenty of other examples I could bring up but you should be able to find them yourself.

3* difficulties shouldn't be on CS5, and all difficulties should avoid all of these overlaps

I recommend you get more experience in playing the game, or at least look at ranked maps and see what kind of things are done in those maps, such as spacing and placement.

Good luck
Topic Starter
Med-Draak

Cheesecake wrote:

I would have declined this since it's a troll song, but I feel I can give some general help anyway ~Thanks, I wasn't sure of what you considered a troll map to be.
[General]
You've used blue ticks for normal objects a lot, this might just be the song being timed incorrectly. ~I think it may be. The offset may be throwing things off.
I also saw that you used lots of inconsistent spacing, like 00:25:326 (3,4,5) - on the highest difficulty, it's timed in 1/2 beats but there's some strange gap between (3) and (4). There's plenty of other examples I could bring up but you should be able to find them yourself. ~Yeah, they were everywhere. I'm surprised I was that sloppy.

3* difficulties shouldn't be on CS5, and all difficulties should avoid all of these overlaps. ~I believe I left this the same after Mofu kun's mod and didn't register that it's a Hard map now. I lowered it to 4.

I recommend you get more experience in playing the game, or at least look at ranked maps and see what kind of things are done in those maps, such as spacing and placement. ~Yeah, will do.
Good luck ~Thanks, you too
I appreciate your time and efforts, considering you weren't even gonna do the mod in the first place. :P Good luck with your queue, hope it goes well!
daavko
Hello there. I've seen the "may be incorrectly mapped" comment, so I decided to have a quick look at it. I'm no experienced beatmapper, but I've played the piano a few years ago,so there is some music knowledge in my head.
And this map indeed seems incorrectly timed.

The BPM I've found: 122,14 (and yes, the ,14 is needed, without it the bpm and song drift apart towards the end - and it's a troll song, so yeah...)
The offset I've found: 3506

Hope my little contribution is helpful. (and possibly correct)
Topic Starter
Med-Draak

daavko wrote:

Hello there. I've seen the "may be incorrectly mapped" comment, so I decided to have a quick look at it. I'm no experienced beatmapper, but I've played the piano a few years ago,so there is some music knowledge in my head.
And this map indeed seems incorrectly timed.

The BPM I've found: 122,14 (and yes, the ,14 is needed, without it the bpm and song drift apart towards the end - and it's a troll song, so yeah...)
The offset I've found: 3506

Hope my little contribution is helpful. (and possibly correct)
That's alright. I think as Cheesecake could tell you, neither am I ;]

I'm editing one of the difficulties now (10:57 pm EST if it means anything to you), and the notes are lining up pretty nicely.

Thank you so much for your help, I really needed to get that right!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.