forum

I need little help with my streaming

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
noltdoff
Hi guys i have trouble streaming in general i have my tapping set to q and e so i use my pointing finger and ring ring finger i can stream faster and more accurate but my stamina is very low and my finger starts to hurt after a while if i set it like everyone has w e i last much longer but i am much slower any tips :P ( i dont use mechanical keyboard)
-Makishima S-
1) You gain more stamina while playing more
2) Control in streaming gets better while playing more

Conclusion:

Play more.
And play maps what are in your skill level, progress by steps.
trebby
play more streams.
And read this thread: How to improve at osu!
-sev
work out
ZenithPhantasm
Lift more
-sev
the gains
FlyingKebab
Stream at your speed limit until your fingers start to give out, go play something that isn't very stream heavy, then go play more stream maps. After a while you will start to notice that you last longer. If you single tap with your wrist then tap near your limit until your wrist starts to feel warm, that's when you know you are pushing yourself well but not to the point of pain, you feel pain your overdoing it.

Doing this for 1hr and then stopping for a week and then doing it again some time next week for 1hr won't work you have to do it constantly to achieve results.
meteor22
You should probably buy a mechanical keyboard too
chainpullz
Kind of a no-brainer but probably worth mentioning that if the pain is in your wrist (as opposed to forearm) you should probably be a bit weary. The muscles that are largely responsible for finger movement are in the forearm so "feeling the burn" there can be expected when building muscles for streaming. Muscles building involves a build up of acids resulting in a partial break down of your muscles which is the "burn" you feel. In recovering from this breakdown your muscles actually end up growing larger than they originally were. If you don't push through the burn a little bit your muscles won't have much room for growth.

If you frequently push yourself after your wrist starts hurting on the other hand you run the risk of developing a serious case of rsi. This is perhaps more applicable to building single tapping speed since a lot of people flail their wrists around to achieve speed (and terrible unstable rate/accuracy) but is something to keep in mind if you rock your wrist back and forth when streaming (as opposed to restricting yourself to finger movement).
Hidden Loli
finger curls work wonders
Mahogany
Push yourself until your fingers hurt, then stop.
E m i

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Push yourself until your fingers hurt, then stop.
if your fingers hurt then it's too late :oops:
Karuta-_old_1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo3rQMAuW1M

You can try keys from different rows, like this guy with his palm curved a bit but it is more suitable for mouse I think
this guy uses w and d