forum

[resolved] My map has no sound

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Seni
Problem Details: I made a new map, saved it and left for a bit. When I came back and opened it the song was gone. All the hit objects were still there, and timed properly but there was no song, yet the mp3 file was still in the map folder. I tried to copy the difficulty and use it with different mp3s of the same song and the song would always be gone when I opened the map again. Tried restarting both my PC and Osu, didn't help.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
hoshisorakiseki
try to name your mp3 files in english.
i used to name the mp3 files in chinese, and osu can't load mp3 files.
Topic Starter
Seni

hoshisorakiseki wrote:

try to name your mp3 files in english.
i used to name the mp3 files in chinese, and osu can't load mp3 files.
I don't think that's the problem. I tried a few different mp3s (and tried renaming them as plainly as possible, without anything but ordinary letters). I even tried remapping with one of the new mp3 files in a similar manner as the map before, and the song disappeared again. The map length shown is 20 seconds, no song, just hit objects with their usual sounds, all the timing points remain and the bpm is the same as the one I set.
ziin
upload the zip or osz of the map.

I can reproduce a lot of no-sound bugs involving changing/removing audio device. This doesn't happen on other maps, correct, just your beatmap?
Topic Starter
Seni

ziin wrote:

upload the zip or osz of the map.

I can reproduce a lot of no-sound bugs involving changing/removing audio device. This doesn't happen on other maps, correct, just your beatmap?

Yes you are correct, it happened once before and it was my map both times. I deleted it and tried again and it's working fine so far. I don't have the bugged version anymore :L but if this one gets ruined I'll send it to you (it's been working fine for about an hour now)
VeilStar
Marking as resolved for now then. If you happen to get this again feel free to bump the thread or PM me to move it back.