forum

[Archived] freezing game

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Fifkee

abraker wrote:

No it's not, it is high spec actually. What is your video card, maybe that is is the bottleneck?
Name: AMD mobility Radeon HD 5800 series
Topic Starter
Fifkee
I don't think osu can be ran on my pc, should i get a new one?
Karuta-_old_1

Fifkee wrote:

I would have believed that statement if your really 10 years old

I would reinstall all microsoft C++ from 3.5 onwards

I don't know much about Radeon but osu! runs fine even on the oldest card you can find nowadays GT 9800 Green Edition (other than the whole screen turning black after I shutdown osu! though, you don't get that problem with computers from 2010 onwards so don't worry)

Radeon HD 5800 and i7 is probably enough for you stream and play at the same time, for your information
abraker
Woah bloody red! Please, please don't do that. AMD mobility Radeon HD 5800 is pretty high, so your specs are good.
Trosk-

Fifkee wrote:

It should be enough to run it properly, don't say that.
Topic Starter
Fifkee
Bump!
Topic Starter
Fifkee
oh, and also this thing only happens in one other game, called Geometry Dash. it happens way often in that.

And my computer is 11 years old since my dad bought it.
Trosk-

Fifkee wrote:

oh, and also this thing only happens in one other game, called Geometry Dash. it happens way often in that.

Didn't you say that you have a i7? e.e

Btw, don't double post like this, please. Just edit your previous message.
azer467

Fifkee wrote:

try to kill every running app and see if it still happens
Topic Starter
Fifkee

Trosk- wrote:

Fifkee wrote:

Didn't you say that you have a i7? e.e

Btw, don't double post like this, please. Just edit your previous message.
It does have a i7, it is just very old.
Topic Starter
Fifkee

azer467 wrote:

Fifkee wrote:

Sometimes I play osu directly after i start up my pc and everything is booted.
azer467

Fifkee wrote:

Sometimes I play osu directly after i start up my pc and everything is booted.
some useless app starts with windows, also use the edit button instead of double-posting.
Topic Starter
Fifkee
Tried it, didn't work.

P.S. Bump.
TheVileOne
Please run the frame time display (ctrl + f11 in cutting edge) and show us the reading when it spikes.
Topic Starter
Fifkee

TheVileOne wrote:

Please run the frame time display (ctrl + f11 in cutting edge) and show us the reading when it spikes.
Flys down to 0, 5, or 1 fps.

without unlimited fps: 250 and under
TheVileOne
I need to see the actual frame time display (ctrl + f11). It shows how long each frame takes.
Topic Starter
Fifkee

TheVileOne wrote:

I need to see the actual frame time display (ctrl + f11). It shows how long each frame takes.
Lets just say, it drops to 0 for atleast 5 seconds
since the CTRL + F11 thing doesn't want to work for me.
abraker

Fifkee wrote:

You must be on stable release, change over to beta or cutting-edge and try that.
Topic Starter
Fifkee

abraker wrote:

Fifkee wrote:

You must be on stable release, change over to beta or cutting-edge and try that.
How do i get to cutting edge ;-;
abraker
Topic Starter
Fifkee
Ah ha!
In 120 max fps mode, it drops to 60 fps for about two seconds.
In gameplay, I really can't find that out, as it happens sometimes not at all, or one freezing combo of death at random.
abraker
That's giving us little to no info. Please follow the instructions outlined in the previous post(s), or deal with this on your own.
Tor_old_1
I have the same issue here.
I'm running osu! on Windows 10, i7, 120 fps.
The game window occasionally freeze for 3~5 seconds, and I die obviously. If I was playing MP and I continued to play and revived, by the end of the game, no matter how much HP and combos I had, I would automatically fail at the last note with no exceptions.
It happens every 10~20 minutes on average but seems like a random event.
I tried with stable, beta, and bleeding edge branches and this issue covers all of them.
Topic Starter
Fifkee

Tor wrote:

I have the same issue here.
I'm running osu! on Windows 10, i7, 120 fps.
The game window occasionally freeze for 3~5 seconds, and I die obviously. If I was playing MP and I continued to play and revived, by the end of the game, no matter how much HP and combos I had, I would automatically fail at the last note with no exceptions.
It happens every 10~20 minutes on average but seems like a random event.
I tried with stable, beta, and bleeding edge branches and this issue covers all of them.
There, you can use him.
Exact same issue. More specific now?
EDIT:
I got it now, The spikes go up to 20 ms, but i doubt that will help at all.
EDIT 2: I think the spikes come from the updates or something else, I really can't tell.
abraker

Fifkee wrote:

There, you can use him.
Exact same issue. More specific now?
He failed to read the entire thread. He just restated what you stated already without giving us the info we asked for.

Come on, switch to cutting-edge, press ctrl+F11 and press shift+F12 for screenshot shortly after the lag spike. It's not hard, man.

EDIT:

Fifkee wrote:

EDIT 2: I think the spikes come from the updates or something else, I really can't tell.

azer467 wrote:

Know what? I give up on helping.
Tor_old_1
abraker
Looks like similar to
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/4297819

This seems to be the doing of some applications. As said before, close down everything one by one and figure out what is causing it. Close stuff in the task tray as well. If it still persists, then start terminating non-crucial processes in task manager based on your judgement. I don't know what else to suggest.
Topic Starter
Fifkee
I chose it. The only thing i'm going to do is UNinstall osu. I can't play it anymore.

Thank you guys for trying to help me! :)

GoodBye.
abraker
Goodbye!
TheVileOne
For the record those are some high between frame spikes. Something is really taking a long time in between update calls. It's hard to say what.
Topic Starter
Fifkee

abraker wrote:

Goodbye!
Ha.
I decided to give it another chance, and guess what?
I got a video recording on it.
Git. Rekt.

Here is the video.

yt tag didnt work, here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzwpcOW ... e=youtu.be
peppy
Looks like hardware or some other application interfering. Format your PC.