Depression and osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
VerumCorvus
Osu helps me to cope a lot, since I'm so focused in the music and the rhythm that I forget about everything else. It doesn't always work, sometimes I'm feeling so bad I literally can't do anything, but it's a nice way to pass the time and feel better about myself.
Mono98
I know this!! I just fucking lie in my bed and want to watch anime or tv or play a game but then I think about it and I am just like "no......"
pekkanto
LoliPantsu

TOP KEK MATE wrote:

Mono98 wrote:

Yep I do, especially since my parents took away my medication lol..
What the fuck, why would they do that?
Sometimes medication can be dangerous
pekkanto
Mono98
Haven't gotten any support from them anyways. They literally just don't care about this
HaruryuuSan

Mono98 wrote:

Haven't gotten any support from them anyways. They literally just don't care about this
That's sad.. you need parents support first. :( Stay strong :3
Mono98
I probably won't. During the school year they say it is because of stress, during winter they say it is winter depression and it will go away when it gets warm again (even though Autumn-Winter are my favourite seasons?!), sometimes they say it is because a lack of movement and/or high blood pressure (both is bullshit, all the doctor's said my pressure is perfect and I do a bit of sports sometimes), sometimes they say it is the fault of the games I play or anime but I hardly have any motivation to play/watch anything besides a few maps of osu! a day anymore, and if they can't think of anything better they say it is puberty, though all of the doctors I went to (3) told me they don't think it is hormones

Will be moving out in 3 years anyways

but thanks for your words^^

Waifu420Laifu wrote:

Sometimes medication can be dangerous
I know this. I literally took it only 2 times, so I don't know if it would've helped. The doctor said I should come to him or call him once a week to tell him how I feel and if it helps me, possible side effects etc.. Would have been worth a shot for me definitely.
Shota
I know this is a old topic, but I thought it would be an awesome post for me to talk on. Since considering my depression and hard lifestyle is what keeps me on this game. I'm 21 (I said 13 on my osu profile as a joke mind that.)

I suffered from depression since I was little, I got it when my mother died from a car accident when I was 13 years old. I also was home schooled by her, so she was my world to me. I was a mama's boy. I also grew up with a really vicious father, I don't recall much. But I know that I was hit quite a but as a kid. Such as punched and so on.. I even recall being whipped with horse whip for simply not eating. Due to this I would go to my mother for love, since I couldn't find it anywhere else. I was alone and homeschooled, how could I have friends? When she died that's when I started hiding in my room all day, i was scared of my father. I still avoid him at all costs. I started to get into gaming, and anime, and music along with being.. social online.

I found osu on my search for a games, it looked.. perfect. It had music.. it had anime and it looked hard and something I could waste my time on so I could forget about my bad life. I started playing it, soon I fell in love with it. I gained friends, that I could now never live without. For, I love them with all my heart even if I annoy them to bloody death. Growing up, I was always considered the freak, the outcast the person people point fingers at and laughed at. My family thinks I am mentally screwed up, still does and most likely wont ever change how they see me. Due to my hard life I have tried to kill myself three times in my life span , first one I was merely 14, when I was alone with my father and I felt unloved nor cared for. The other was 18 when I first found out I was going to be mocked for the rest of my life just for being me. The most recent would be 20, when I got beat by my father and pinned to floor(getting slapped) since he found out about my sexulity and something else i don't feel like meationing...However, From 18-20 each time I was stopped by my osu friends, they showed me love and that I wasn't a freak doomed to fail.

I grew up with osu, I love osu, I love hate the people here. They helped me get past many more hard times in my life. If it wasn't for this game, and a lot of the people on this game. There is a high chance I wouldn't be typing here to you right now. This game makes me feel loved, it makes me feel like I have a reason to wake up. So, Ppy thank you so much for creating this game. You saved me in more ways than one. You are one of my biggest heros and I love you for it. Even if we never met. There is much more to this story but, I beefed this out long enough already. So.. thank you so much.
thelewa

B1rd wrote:

I don't have depression. But I get depressed sometimes since I fail at everything I do and life in general.
BleuVitriol

Shota wrote:

I know this is a old topic, but I thought it would be an awesome post for me to talk on. Since considering my depression and hard lifestyle is what keeps me on this game. I'm 21 (I said 13 on my osu profile as a joke mind that.)

I suffered from depression since I was little, I got it when my mother died from a car accident when I was 13 years old. I also was home schooled by her, so she was my world to me. I was a mama's boy. I also grew up with a really vicious father, I don't recall much. But I know that I was hit quite a but as a kid. Such as punched and so on.. I even recall being whipped with horse whip for simply not eating. Due to this I would go to my mother for love, since I couldn't find it anywhere else. I was alone and homeschooled, how could I have friends? When she died that's when I started hiding in my room all day, i was scared of my father. I still avoid him at all costs. I started to get into gaming, and anime, and music along with being.. social online.

I found osu on my search for a games, it looked.. perfect. It had music.. it had anime and it looked hard and something I could waste my time on so I could forget about my bad life. I started playing it, soon I fell in love with it. I gained friends, that I could now never live without. For, I love them with all my heart even if I annoy them to bloody death. Growing up, I was always considered the freak, the outcast the person people point fingers at and laughed at. My family thinks I am mentally screwed up, still does and most likely wont ever change how they see me. Due to my hard life I have tried to kill myself three times in my life span , first one I was merely 14, when I was alone with my father and I felt unloved nor cared for. The other was 18 when I first found out I was going to be mocked for the rest of my life just for being me. The most recent would be 20, when I got beat by my father and pinned to floor(getting slapped) since he found out about my sexulity and something else i don't feel like meationing...However, From 18-20 each time I was stopped by my osu friends, they showed me love and that I wasn't a freak doomed to fail.

I grew up with osu, I love osu, I love hate the people here. They helped me get past many more hard times in my life. If it wasn't for this game, and a lot of the people on this game. There is a high chance I wouldn't be typing here to you right now. This game makes me feel loved, it makes me feel like I have a reason to wake up. So, Ppy thank you so much for creating this game. You saved me in more ways than one. You are one of my biggest heros and I love you for it. Even if we never met. There is much more to this story but, I beefed this out long enough already. So.. thank you so much.
I'm touched by this... I had a lot of friends like this, wished could have been there to help you when you need it. :(
Shota
I'm touched by this... I had a lot of friends like this, wished could have been there to help you when you need it. :(
You still can help me, life is a struggle for me and most likely will be until I die. I am always up for making new friends, and you seem really kind. If you want my skype and crap you can PM me so I don't get random adds. c: But, one thing, don't just be my friend out of pure pity </3
HaruryuuSan

Shota wrote:

You have a bright future ahead of you! Thank you for sharing this
Destiny
I've suffered from manic depression since I was pretty young, around the time my father left and I started being homeschooled. I've been using osu! as I suppose a form of escapism for a few years. It's like a way of shutting my brain off, it's kind of mindless and I don't have to care about what's going on around me. It's helpful, really.
Mono98

thelewa wrote:

B1rd wrote:

I don't have depression. But I get depressed sometimes since I fail at everything I do and life in general.
I think that is pretty normal as long as I does not get chronic. Be careful, see a doctor as soon as you might think it might be something more or it starts to occur more often.
Shota

Harumi wrote:

You have a bright future ahead of you! Thank you for sharing this
Thank you Haru ,-, I hope you are right.