ZenithPhantasm wrote:

OsuGod wrote:

What mouse did he use?
Something tells me you didn't read
Sorry QQ

I don't see the name of the mouse he used QQ
TakuMii

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Maybe the smoothing isnt as bad enough that most people wont notice but then again in order to notice something is bad is to use something better. Its like trying to explain to someone why 120hz monitor is better than 60hz. To a person who has never used a 120hz monitor the 60hz looks perfectly fine but to someone who has the 60hz looks choppy.
Well, I have my 1000Hz IntelliMouse Optical 1.1 sitting right beside my Roccat Savu right now (both at 400dpi), and I really can't tell a difference between their tracking :/ It's nowhere near comparable to the difference when using a higher monitor refresh rate, and I highly doubt that its sensor affects my aim any more than its somewhat unique shape.

OsuGod wrote:

I don't see the name of the mouse he used QQ
You're really not paying any attention to our conversation, are you lol
We're talking about the Roccat Savu, which is the same mouse that cptnXn used in the video. I got mine on sale for $35, so it fits in your budget nicely.
ZenithPhantasm
Are you using an IMO 1.1 with the 6000 fps MLT04? The 9000 fps version is the one with the "raw" feeling.
TakuMii

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Are you using an IMO 1.1 with the 6000 fps MLT04? The 9000 fps version is the one with the "raw" feeling.
It's the X80 P/N, 9000fps version.
ZenithPhantasm
Thats odd. Did you OC it?
TakuMii

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Thats odd. Did you OC it?
Yeah. As I said, it's set to 1000Hz, as is my Savu.
ZenithPhantasm
Hmm I feel a noticeable difference from my G303 but then again atm my G303 has ruined mouse skates which may have exaggerated the difference. I will test again when my replacement skates arrive tmw.
Edit:
Replacement skates arrived although one of the sets was missing one of the sensor feet skates but it doesnt really bother me. Can can confirm that the MLT04 is very slightly more responsive than the 3366.
Topic Starter
Ketsakura
Ok um... So what mouse am I getting :roll:
KanoSet
- all of the Zowie mice
- Mionix 7000 series mice
- Roccat Savu
- Razer DeathAdder - and u might want to keep away from the chroma version icri
- Logitech G100S
- Logitech G402
- Logitech G400 (Not the S version)
- Ninox Aurora
- Roccat Kone Pure Military
- Logitech G303
and if u can overclock it - Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical (model that starts with X80 aka 9000 fps version)

check them and go for the shape u prefer or so
Topic Starter
Ketsakura

KanoSet wrote:

- all of the Zowie mice
- Roccat Savu
- Logitech G100S
- Logitech G402
- Ninox Aurora
- Logitech G303
and if u can overclock it - Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical (model that starts with X80 aka 9000 fps version)

Well in my price range I found something tell me what you think: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KHSG8YM/ref ... UTF8&psc=1
NixXSkate

OsuGod wrote:

KanoSet wrote:

- all of the Zowie mice
- Roccat Savu
- Logitech G100S
- Logitech G402
- Ninox Aurora
- Logitech G303

Well in my price range I found something tell me what you think: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KHSG8YM/ref ... UTF8&psc=1
No
The reason why people are telling you these specific brands of mice isn't because they're popular, but because the sensors are considered flawless/near flawless. I would not recommend laser mice for osu!. Some laser mice are usable, but some are pretty bad, and none have flawless sensors.

The cheapest mouse with a flawless sensor and DPI on the fly is probably the G100S.
Topic Starter
Ketsakura
So... don't get the mouse I just showed off?
NixXSkate

NixXSkate wrote:

The cheapest mouse with a flawless sensor and DPI on the fly is probably the G100S.
Tried to edit it but you're too fast. No, don't go for that cheap laser mouse.

Other choices include the CM Storm Spawn (the price fluctuates depending on the stock), and the G402. I've seen the Roccat Savu and Pure Kone Optical go under $40 but I think they were on sale.
Topic Starter
Ketsakura

NixXSkate wrote:

NixXSkate wrote:

Tried to edit it but you're too fast. No, don't go for that cheap laser mouse.

Other choices include the CM Storm Spawn (the price fluctuates depending on the stock), and the G402. I've seen the Roccat Savu and Pure Kone Optical go under $40 but I think they were on sale.
I don't have enough for either of those I got paid and it was 25$ QQ
NixXSkate

OsuGod wrote:

NixXSkate wrote:

I don't have enough for either of those I got paid and it was 25$ QQ
The G100S is $23 with shipping...
Either that or wait another week. If you want a good mouse, your choices on a small budget are limited. The cheapest flawless sensor mouse you can get is the Microsoft WMO1.1A, but you have to overclock it, it's 400dpi, and there's no dpi on-the-fly button.

If you want a mouse that does NOT have a flawless sensor but close to it, you can look for the 3305DK sensor mice in this list and see if they're cheaper:
http://www.overclock.net/t/854100/gaming-mouse-sensor-list
Topic Starter
Ketsakura
Okok So what is wrong with this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KHS ... _i=desktop

It has a software that goes from 200 to 8200 and goes up a rate of 200 DPI... I really thought this one was good
NixXSkate

OsuGod wrote:

Okok So what is wrong with this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KHS ... _i=desktop

It has a software that goes from 200 to 8200 and goes up a rate of 200 DPI... I really thought this one was good
As I said before, it's a laser sensor, which is inferior to optical. Laser sensors aren't as accurate as optical sensors, and sometimes have other problems depending which laser sensor it is. High dpi does not mean it's a better mouse. Please listen to the choices I'm giving you :(

If you want a super detailed list of mice, I'm going to have to tutor you some more.
FlyingKebab
I thought it was my sensor's fault for cursor drift months ago, now I realize that it was all due to my mousing habits (not being used to low dpi), laser sensors will not make that much of a difference as long as they don't hit a brick wall while your moving your mouse fast. That 5%+- is negligible in osu tbh, I have never noticed missing randomly because of it. Sure optical sensors are better technically but practically it doesn't really affect gameplay that much. You should focus more on what is comfortable out of the mice that have been suggested because even if you have perfect 1:1 god mouse and it is uncomfortable then you are screwed.

EDIT: My english so bad ;_;
Topic Starter
Ketsakura

FlyingKebab wrote:

I thought it was my sensor's fault for cursor drift months ago, now I realize that it was all due to my mousing habits (not being used to low dpi), laser sensors will not make that much of a difference as long as they don't hit a brick wall while your moving your mouse fast. That 5%+- is negligible in osu tbh, I have never noticed missing randomly because of it. Sure optical sensors are better technically but practically it doesn't really affect gameplay that much. You should focus more on what is comfortable out of the mice that have been suggested because even if you have perfect 1:1 god mouse and it is uncomfortable then you are screwed.

EXACTLY I have a laser sensor right now and I am replacing the mouse need a better one I had no problems with it
NixXSkate

FlyingKebab wrote:

You assume all laser sensors are the same. The mouse he was looking at is probably some cheap mouse from Shenzhen the company found on Alibaba and slapped their name on. I've seen some terrible cheapo laser mice. Besides why not go for the best? Why settle for the lesser?

You know what, fine. Get it. If you don't care about what anyone in this thread has been telling you, why even ask.
FlyingKebab

NixXSkate wrote:

You assume all laser sensors are the same. The mouse he was looking at is probably some cheap mouse from Shenzhen the company found on Alibaba and slapped their name on. I've seen some terrible cheapo laser mice. Besides why not go for the best? Why settle for the lesser?
I have no objections at all to what you said. I have a razer taipan myself and I am pretty happy with it. I know that most laser sensors are bad but there are *decent* ones that can be used for gaming and precision games like osu. I am just saying that comfort in the hand comes first and you could sacrifice a perfect optical sensor for a decent laser one if the optical mouse isn't comfortable.
NixXSkate

FlyingKebab wrote:

I have no objections at all to what you said. I have a razer taipan myself and I am pretty happy with it. I know that most laser sensors are bad but there are *decent* ones that can be used for gaming and precision games like osu. I am just saying that comfort in the hand comes first and you could sacrifice a perfect optical sensor for a decent laser one if the optical mouse isn't comfortable.
"Good" laser mice are usually more expensive than the optical mice, anyway. The biggest problem here is his tiny budget.
FlyingKebab
Also you should save up more, wait another month and rack up to something like 40-50$ and then go buy something good that will last you a long time. You got it good in the states, in my point of view buying a good mouse or a good mech keyboard i like spending 200$ or 400$ to you guys, yes your salaries are that many times larger than ours. :<.

Patience and study is the key to making a good buy you won't regret.

EDIT: God english soooo bad x.x
The Gambler
Microsoft Intellimouse is cheap and awesome, especially with Win 7 where you can overclock it to 1000 Hz. Now only if Win 8 could do this, I wouldn't have bought my Zowie FK at all.

It's feels more responsive and raw compared to my G502 as well.
ZenithPhantasm

NixXSkate wrote:

FlyingKebab wrote:

"Good" laser mice are usually more expensive than the optical mice, anyway. The biggest problem here is his tiny budget.
Logitech G402. The Avago AM010 sensor is one of the more "raw" sensors out there. Although it has a relatively low PCS the gyro and accelerometer that it uses compensates for it and completely eliminates that drawback.
NixXSkate

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Logitech G402. The Avago AM010 sensor is one of the more "raw" sensors out there. Although it has a relatively low PCS the gyro and accelerometer that it uses compensates for it and completely eliminates that drawback.
He said he only has $25 lol, the G100S is pretty much the only choice with a near flawless sensor that's cheap enough to fit his wants. Unless there's some 3305DK sensor mouse for under $25, not as good as the AM010 though.
TakuMii
Yeah, if you're only willing to spend $25, you might as well buy a G100S... You don't really have much other good options unless you're willing to grab one of the old Microsoft mice and play around with custom drivers in order to unlock its polling rate. Or you could just save up a bit for a better mouse.

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Can confirm that the MLT04 is very slightly more responsive than the 3366.
Just popping in here again to say that I think weight has a lot to do with the "more responsive" feeling, considering that the Microsoft mice are quite a bit lighter than most mice out there.
...I did a bit more (completely non-scientific) testing, this time within an FPS game, and I found it ever-so-slightly easier to aim with my IMO1.1 compared to my Savu, but both mice feel exactly the same if I shove a bit of extra weight inside the IMO. And quite honestly, I think the higher PCS (yay instant 180 turns) and more solid-feeling buttons of my Savu are more than worth the weight tradeoff, at least in an FPS environment. In terms of osu! though, the lighter weight can only be a benefit (but then again, many players have tablets that use pens that weigh 15g anyways, so it really isn't that big of a deal).
Topic Starter
Ketsakura
Ya next time I will save but this was lucky money so I thought I would get something kinda cool. Next time I will get a Logitech Gaming Mouse and so thank you to all who helped me figure out all this ^_^
ZenithPhantasm

YayMii wrote:

Yeah, if you're only willing to spend $25, you might as well buy either a G100S... You don't really have much other good options unless you're willing to grab one of the old Microsoft mice and play around with custom drivers in order to unlock its polling rate. Or you could just save up a bit for a better mouse.

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Can confirm that the MLT04 is very slightly more responsive than the 3366.
Just popping in here again to say that I think weight has a lot to do with the "more responsive" feeling, considering that the Microsoft mice are quite a bit lighter than most mice out there.
...I did a bit more (completely non-scientific) testing, this time within an FPS game, and I found it ever-so-slightly easier to aim with my IMO1.1 compared to my Savu, but both mice feel exactly the same if I shove a bit of extra weight inside the IMO. And quite honestly, I think the higher PCS (yay instant 180 turns) and more solid-feeling buttons of my Savu are more than worth the weight tradeoff, at least in an FPS environment. In terms of osu! though, the lighter weight can only be a benefit (but then again, many players have tablets that use pens that weigh 15g anyways, so it really isn't that big of a deal).
Indeed. I will test it again after someone makes a G303 shell stripping guide on OCN.
E m i
meow
pandaBee
Are you a conjurer of the dead?
E m i
I mean it worked at least a tiny bit so good enough