forum

osu! Community Tournament III (1-500)+(1K-5K)+(2v2)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Arf
HERE IS THE ZIP FILE FOR THE 2v2 TOURNAMENT SEMIS/FINALS MAPPOOL ON AUGUST 8/9

APART FROM THE MESSAGE ABOVE THIS, THIS THREAD WILL NOT BE UPDATED TILL AUGUST 10 DUE TO TECHNICAL ISSUES. PLEASE CHECK THE SPREADSHEET FOR TIMINGS AND MAP POOLS FOR THE 2v2 TOURNAMENT.

Tournament 1 Winners
Congratulations to WubWoofWolf for winning Tournament 1 of OCT III!

Congratulations to loliforz for earning 2nd place, and Alumetorz for getting 3rd.

Congratulations to Doomsday for getting 4th place as well.

Welcome to the osu! Community Tournament III!

--> OFFICIAL STREAM HERE <--

Introduction

Hello again everyone! I'm rfandomization (or just Arf) of the osu! Community Tournament, and we're back with another exciting opportunity for you guys to show off your stuff. This will be the third time OCT runs a tournament, and we've learned a few things from our previous ventures. During our last tournament, for ranks 10,000 to 50,000, we had many requests and questions about a possible tournament for players above that rank range (Special note to CookEasy, who was among the absolute first to show some interest in us). As the majority of the community voted for it, here we are! But this tournament (or tournaments, as you'll see) is slightly different from the two we've held previously. More information (and signups info) below =)

Format

Unlike our previous tournaments, which were each a single tournament in themselves, OCT III is actually made up of four separate mini-tournaments! It works like this:
I. Tournament 1 is a 32 player 1v1 tournament for players between the rank ranges of #1 and #500
II. Tournament 2 is a 32 player 1v1 tournament for players between the rank ranges of #501 and #1000
Unfortunately, tournament 2 didn't quite work out. We'd hoped for more signups, but we couldn't get 32 players available to play =(
III. Tournament 3 is a 32 player 1v1 tournament for players between the rank ranges of #1001 and #5000
IV. Tournament 4 is a 16 teams 2v2 tournament for players of all rank ranges

You may only enter ONE of the above tournaments.

These tournaments will happen one after the other, over a period of approximately two months. Do note that you may only sign up for one tournament at a time!
Also worth noting is that OCT is now a cyclic system of tournaments, and after we complete one cycle and have gone through the rank ranges, all the way from #1 - #100K+, we have a Grand Finals where those with the highest tournament points from each tournament held in that cycle are invited to play. Getting in to these Grand Finals requires earning a number of these tournament points. How do you earn them? By participating in an OCT and placing high =D. The point system depends on how far you get in your chosen tournament - if you win, you get the maximum number of points possible and an automatic place in the Grand Finals for that cycle. If you make it into a Grand Finals, and can't play, or don't want to, the person with enough tournament points from your tournament fills your slot. So don't despair! There's always a chance. Do note that the 2v2 tournament during OCT III is unranked and does not give tournament points.

Where Can I Sign Up?

Signups are now CLOSED. Accepted players will be notified via PM.

Remember: You may sign up for one tournament only

32 players (and 16 teams for tournament 4) will be accepted for each tournament out of all the signups, and the selection will be randomized by tournament. Good Luck to all potential participants!

Rules

These are not the complete rules, and this list will be updated by Monday.

• I. Maps will be played in a 1 vs. 1 format (except in tournament 4, with the 2v2 system). Each player can ban 2 maps from the pool. Maps will increase in difficulty as the tournament progresses.

II. All maps will be given a week in advance. No other maps can be chosen during the tournament (excludes warmup picks)

III. Maps must be played with the directed mods.

IV. Any disconnect will result in a forfeit of the map being played, unless the disconnect can be proven to be a Bancho error, providing a timestamp and the bancho error message on the osu! client.

V. Players will use !roll to decide who picks the first map from the pool.

VI. Maps cannot be repeated during the same match. The loser of the !roll will be the chooser of the Warmup map.

VII. Warmup map can be any map on the osu! website, provided it is less than 4 minutes. (Ranked or unranked beatmaps may be selected. The warmup map is Freemod with Double Time being selectable - it is up to the player who picks the warmup whether or not to force Double Time)

VIII. If a player is late to their game, they will have 5 minutes before the win is handed to the other player.

IX. Winner of the !roll will ban one map, then loser bans two. The winner then bans the last map. (Please have a shortlist of at least four potential bans in case your opponent bans something you were going to ban)

X. For FreeMod picks, the player who picks the map MUST pick a mod (HD/HR/HDHR). The person being selected against is not required to use mods.

XI. Each player may select no more than ONE map from each mod pool during a match. So no multiple HD/HR/DT/FM picks allowed. Since each player gets one pick from each mod pool, a maximum of TWO HD/HR/DT/FM maps will be played per match. This rule does not apply to the No Mod map pool.

Tournament Dates

Registration Period: OVER
Tournament 1: July 4 - July 11
Tournament 2: RIP Tournament 2. You will be missed.
Tournament 3: July 18 - July 26
Tournament 4: August 2 - August 9

Our matches will take place on weekends (that is, Saturday and Sunday), and between 1200 and 2200 UTC. If that time is inconvenient for you for whatever reason, don't let that stop you signing up! If you are accepted into the tournament, we will do our level best to incorporate your schedule with ours, and to accommodate your timing. That said, do try your best to keep your schedule clear if you can. Inform us beforehand if you absolutely cannot. We have things we can do :D

Another friendly reminder that we WILL notify you if you are in the tournament, via a PM on the osu! website. Also, if you are a prospective participant, we request that you either turn off the "no PMs except from friends" option if you have it toggled on, or add one of us so we can keep in contact with you =)

Tournament 3 (1K-5K) Group Stage Map Pool

NOTE: The Tiebreaker map was changed. However, Colorful is the new and final Tiebreaker map, and the map pool is now set in stone. No more alterations will be made.

Links for Me, Links for You, Links for Everyone!

Spreadsheet
Official Stream!
Youtube ----> A MASSIVE thanks to Shinenite and ThatDudeGamer for this!
Twitter

Tournament Staff

Tournament Host: Ascendance
Streamers: Ben, Ecliptus and Trosk-
Commentators: rfandomization, Ben, ThreeLF, swtk, Couchsitter, Warpyc, and Ecliptus
Map Selectors: Mainly Couchsitter, torappu, -Mo-, Angusman, WORSTPOLACKEU, StarrStyx, and Warpyc. But everyone chips in a little.
Map Testers: ALL OF US
Video Management: The one and only Shinenite, with some help from Adeus
Design Team: Shoko84, Ambition, ICantSpell, and Language - our master artistes
Miscellaneous Work: Raphalge, rfandomization, Language, and ThreeLF
Player Verification: Raphalge, rfandomization, and Friitzzy. This is not a job for the faint of heart!
Scheduling: Raphalge, Warpyc, Ascendance, rfandomization, and lots of input from the whole staff - this is difficult work =P. Players have an impact on this too!

If you have questions that aren't answered by this thread or our Reddit posts, contact Ascendance, Ecliptus, or Raphalge.

And lastly,
Thanks again to all of you! We had a lot of support going for us during OCT II, and it's great to see the community coming together for this.
Trosk-
This is gonna be awesome! I hope to see you here :P
Raphalge
I wasn't planning on doing anything this summer anyway
Accurian
Finally, a tournament that I can sign up for! :D
-rocket
no 10k to 5k? :|
Trosk-

Doctor_Rocket_ wrote:

no 10k to 5k? :|
Not this time.. but it will come soon. :P
BlueFlame
Since the 2v2 tournament permits participation to any rank, will the mappool be adjusted accordingly, so basically any rank can play those maps? Or will be there be a sort of criterion in terms of difficulty for the maps?
Novalogic
Obviously people with ranks around 6, 7, 8k or so will be willing to participate, so at the very least map pool for later stages of 2v2 tournament has to represent a challange for such players.
Topic Starter
Arf

Novalogic wrote:

Obviously people with ranks around 6, 7, 8k or so will be willing to participate, so at the very least map pool for later stages of 2v2 tournament has to represent a challange for such players.

BlueFlame wrote:

Since the 2v2 tournament permits participation to any rank, will the mappool be adjusted accordingly, so basically any rank can play those maps? Or will be there be a sort of criterion in terms of difficulty for the maps?
The map pool for the 2v2 will be determined once all the participants have been accepted. The average of the ranks between the two players in a team will determine how they are seeded, and the average rank of all the teams will factor in to the map pool.
Vinsent
First tourney I ever sign up for, sounds fun ^_^
One question though, is there some sort of prizepool? or badge?
Trosk-

Friendzone King wrote:

First tourney I ever sign up for, sounds fun ^_^
One question though, is there some sort of prizepool? or badge?
I believe that there are going to be prizes, but they are not decided yet. I hope you enjoy the tournament :P
SrSkyPlayer
Karuta-_old_1
Would I be eligible to enter 1k - 5k? or do I need to gain more ranks to do so? thanks
Imanob
I think someone mentioned earlier that players who aren't accepted are prioritized in the next tournament, I was wondering if it applies for 2v2 with a friend who didn't apply to OCT II? Anyway, looking forward to it!
Topic Starter
Arf

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

Would I be eligible to enter 1k - 5k? or do I need to gain more ranks to do so? thanks
You need to be below 5,000 to be eligible for the 1K-5K tournament. You have until this Sunday to gain those 700ish ranks =D

Imanob wrote:

I think someone mentioned earlier that players who aren't accepted are prioritized in the next tournament, I was wondering if it applies for 2v2 with a friend who didn't apply to OCT II? Anyway, looking forward to it!
Of course. We did promise back then, didn't we? =)
Imanob

rfandomization wrote:

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

Of course. We did promise back then, didn't we? =)
My body's ready.. gotta start spamming Osu and tryhard the living hell out of a friendly tournament
InsaneToe
The hype is real, I'm ready!
Deterioration
I was hoping on another rank 100k.. We already see enough high-skilled tournaments, to be honest :/
Anyways, the 'all rankings' one is kinda.. idk.. stupid. Some rank 200 will join and just wreck everyone.
Trosk-

Underscore_ wrote:

I was hoping on another rank 100k.. We already see enough high-skilled tournaments, to be honest :/
Anyways, the 'all rankings' one is kinda.. idk.. stupid. Some rank 200 will join and just wreck everyone.
There will be more "low rank" tournaments in the future. Remember that we cycle over ranks.
Ciniak
I'll definitely be joining this one!! :)
Nya Nya Neko
stup question :B
do i need to sign up for every mode or can i onl play mania.
it seems i cant select it in the form...

EDIT: and the matches are going the nxt week after the sign ups are over?

EDIT 2: nvm im just a stup
Makan1
yes!
XII
My friend signed up an hour after sunday (1 am) is he still allowed in? :P
Topic Starter
Arf

IVo one wrote:

My friend signed up an hour after sunday (1 am) is he still allowed in? :P
It should be all right ;)
[ -------- ]
Hey, not to rush anything or be rude but it's Monday, is there any new info? :)
Topic Starter
Arf

-mchltang- wrote:

Hey, not to rush anything or be rude but it's Monday, is there any new info? :)
Reddit Post
show more