forum

osu!mania 4K World Cup - Map Suggestions!

posted
Total Posts
show more
EtienneXC

Tidek wrote:

What is wrong with BPM changes? lol? (megitsune for example)

It barely reflects a player's skill and is not needed for tournament use. It would just be more comforting for the other players as well.
Tidek
You mean BPM changes or SV changes?

Because idk how playing for example 150bpm and 180bpm in 1 map with SAME scroll speed wont reflect player skill.

EDIT: Doing good accuracy on slowjams is skill too anyway.
Kamikaze
Etienne while I see your point, we can't set a no gimmick rule beause Id' say that playing gimmicky maps well is a skill on it's own. Of course we don't want to have stuff as SV heavy as for example April #02 or Evanescent, but not excessive SV changes are good and needed imho.
As for the difficulty of pools I think that we should start a bit harder than last year and don't jump so fast upwards with every stage.
Fullerene-
One or two SV heavy maps in each pool would be nice to shake things up as a wild card pick, if people don't want to play it just pick something else. Map pools should contain many types of maps to test skill in many areas. Of course if like half of the map pools are SV heavy that's pretty excessive lmao.
Tidek
Forgot to add that each team will be able to ban 2 maps so I dont see a problem here.
Bobbias

Fullerene- wrote:

One or two SV heavy maps in each pool would be nice to shake things up as a wild card pick, if people don't want to play it just pick something else. Map pools should contain many types of maps to test skill in many areas. Of course if like half of the map pools are SV heavy that's pretty excessive lmao.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Map pools should have maps that test a wide range of skills so that teams have a chance to play to their advantages at least somewhat.

I think it also depends on the kind of SVs in maps. There's a big difference between SV gimmicks like MAS maps as opposed to long slowdowns or speedups.
[Crz]Player
welcome to o!m 4key aggro threaㄷ
skystorms88
Submitted over 15+ beatmaps (3.25 SR and above, phew...) ranked & pending

Thanks, Spy for giving a chance to suggest MWC beatmaps~
Tidek

skystorms88 wrote:

Submitted over 15+ beatmaps (3.25 SR and above, phew...) ranked & pending

Thanks, Spy for giving a chance to suggest MWC beatmaps~
I think there is no need to suggest ranked maps, Im sure that map selectors know all of ranked ones.
skystorms88

Tidek wrote:

I think there is no need to suggest ranked maps, Im sure that map selectors know all of ranked ones.
about map selectors aware about ranked maps, i'm not certain. But I submitted mainly beatmaps which not used in last year's MWC ;) (and fulfill the submission criteria ofc)

And maybe, map selectors will have more options for those submitted beatmaps and maps that they're already aware.

This is the only way I can join the MWC 2015 hype
Jinjin
I already sent a bunch of maps ranging from 3.5* to 7+* (playable ones, not those cancer inducing weird patterned maps) hopefully we'll see a very challenging mappool for the finals ^^
Ortlinde

iJinjin wrote:

I already sent a bunch of maps ranging from 3.5* to 7+* (playable ones, not those cancer inducing weird patterned maps) hopefully we'll see a very challenging mappool for the finals ^^
HAELEQUIN?
Bobbias

iJinjin wrote:

How playable is Shoegazer's Gengaozo_Foon?
Shoegazer

Bobbias wrote:

iJinjin wrote:

How playable is Shoegazer's Gengaozo_Foon?
It's a little spiky but it's more than playable. I'd like to consider all of my charts playable :P
Jinjin

Etdah wrote:

iJinjin wrote:

HAELEQUIN?
haelequin INF patterns really involve luck as much as it requires skill; i didn't include it since it's not really a good map to gauge one's 4k ability
that being said, haelequin INF is wayy too easy for the finals
Ortlinde

iJinjin wrote:

haelequin INF patterns really involve luck as much as it requires skill; i didn't include it since it's not really a good map to gauge one's 4k ability
so...
Which map that have 7+ SR and playable
Tidek
I hope to see Last Star in the Universe by Shoegazer, damn tricky and technical map.

Topic: We all know that its impossible to make a decent 7*+ map for 4k without "vibro" patterns
EtienneXC

Etdah wrote:

iJinjin wrote:

so...
Which map that have 7+ SR and playable
I don't think there are any viable 7* maps, but there are certainly some in the 6* range that can make some pretty solid candidates. As Tidek said, the only way to even make a somewhat playable 7* map is if you put some jumptrill patterns at high speeds. So while we won't see any 7* maps in the world cup, we'll certainly still see some rather challenging maps.
Halilintar
Intelli
Jinjin

EtienneXC wrote:

As Tidek said, the only way to even make a somewhat playable 7* map is if you put some jumptrill patterns at high speeds.
Exactly, 7* maps are certainly viable if there are high speed vibro maps. Like Nijuu for example (althouigh that can't be submitted because it's converted from sm). I believe the one i submitted was fullerene's peace breaker mix
StaiainFanBoys
EtienneXC

StaiainFanBoys wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/193512
Well hi there.
Jinjin

EtienneXC wrote:

StaiainFanBoys wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/193512
Well hi there.
That was one of the songs that I suggested actually
Staiain
Whoa
Ortlinde

Staiain wrote:

Whoa
Yeah, Staiain
You have fans :)
Tidek
lol, ppl are really bored with those nick names.

Anyway, scales of struggle was already 1 year ago lol.
ggsnipess

iJinjin wrote:

EtienneXC wrote:

As Tidek said, the only way to even make a somewhat playable 7* map is if you put some jumptrill patterns at high speeds.
Exactly, 7* maps are certainly viable if there are high speed vibro maps. Like Nijuu for example (althouigh that can't be submitted because it's converted from sm). I believe the one i submitted was fullerene's peace breaker mix
minus the SM reason, its actually a IIDX song, so its double disqualified lmao

also, this might be a decent one, though does seem stupid regardless. https://osu.ppy.sh/s/260653#
Shoegazer
Not too sure why most of the posts so far are generally regarding hard maps, there's more than enough hard 4K maps to go around. I'd definitely like to see some easier maps that are tricky to nail and are more unique, there's definitely not quite as much room for creativity in the upper echelons of the game as compared to the lower-end.
Outlaww
Halogen-
might recommend a few maps but dropping in to say the following:

- a balance of easier maps and harder maps should definitely be enforced (massive respect to Shoegazer being a super high level player to make this suggestion)

- there should be a gradient in difficulty from start to end of tournament; group stage having lower levels is a great thing because it weeds out teams/players that are only good at specific things but aren't well balanced

- maps that have SVs as their main component of difficulty absolutely should be added to the map-pool; it takes skill to read through more denser sections and the fact that there was a post saying that they don't reflect skill at all is exceptionally closed-minded in a game where maps with SVs are ranked and have wide score spreads

suggestions coming soon
AncuL

Spy wrote:

You can access the form for your suggestion here!
(Suggestions filled in as a reply to this thread will not be considered - you must use the form.)
dude
EtienneXC
I said barely and I'll admit I'm being biased, but it's just my opinion. I'm fine with having SV heavy maps to spice things up.

Also going to throw in suggestions for maps btw for group stage, finals, etc tomorrow or something.
Halogen-

EtienneXC wrote:

I said barely and I'll admit I'm being biased, but it's just my opinion. I'm fine with having SV heavy maps to spice things up.

Also going to throw in suggestions for maps btw for group stage, finals, etc tomorrow or something.
there you go, haha -- that's better :p

but yeah, I've got a few good suggestions probably for group stages that would make for challenging most players; just gotta run through some stuff I've got
Bad Apple
"totally not suggesting his own map*

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/283727
Tornspirit

Spy wrote:

(Suggestions filled in as a reply to this thread will not be considered - you must use the form.)
Maybe you should bold, enlargen and colour this bright neon green/purple at the top of the thread.
Bobbias
Better yet, the top of every page, since i'd bet there will still be plenty of people who wont even read the first post.
ikzune
what about the possibility of converting a map over or is there a way to manually make a already exisiting o!m map play at say 1.1x the speed, i dont think its nessecary with the amount of beatmaps around but if we want to avoid going into stepmania it could definetly work for 4k to a degree, randomly popping in hi!
[Crz]Player
how about changin this competition as a teevee size acc worldcup?
Tidek
Still better than mash 7*+ powah vibration m8.
show more