osu!mania 4K World Cup - Map Suggestions!

posted
Total Posts
90
show more
EtienneXC
There should be a no gimmicks rule as well (BPM changes, random stops in the song, etc), anything that a player might not be aware of when playing in tournament.
Jinjin

EtienneXC wrote:

There should be a no gimmicks rule as well (BPM changes, random stops in the song, etc), anything that a player might not be aware of when playing in tournament.
This was actually an issue last year, there were maps with heavy sv changes. However, slight sv changes should be fine because the map pool is released like a week before the actual match, which gives the players a chance to familiarize themselves to the maps
Ortlinde
Can i suggest marathon maps?
Tidek
What is wrong with BPM changes? lol? (megitsune for example)
EtienneXC

Tidek wrote:

What is wrong with BPM changes? lol? (megitsune for example)
It barely reflects a player's skill and is not needed for tournament use. It would just be more comforting for the other players as well.
Tidek
You mean BPM changes or SV changes?

Because idk how playing for example 150bpm and 180bpm in 1 map with SAME scroll speed wont reflect player skill.

EDIT: Doing good accuracy on slowjams is skill too anyway.
Kamikaze
Etienne while I see your point, we can't set a no gimmick rule beause Id' say that playing gimmicky maps well is a skill on it's own. Of course we don't want to have stuff as SV heavy as for example April #02 or Evanescent, but not excessive SV changes are good and needed imho.
As for the difficulty of pools I think that we should start a bit harder than last year and don't jump so fast upwards with every stage.
Fullerene-
One or two SV heavy maps in each pool would be nice to shake things up as a wild card pick, if people don't want to play it just pick something else. Map pools should contain many types of maps to test skill in many areas. Of course if like half of the map pools are SV heavy that's pretty excessive lmao.
Tidek
Forgot to add that each team will be able to ban 2 maps so I dont see a problem here.
Bobbias

Fullerene- wrote:

One or two SV heavy maps in each pool would be nice to shake things up as a wild card pick, if people don't want to play it just pick something else. Map pools should contain many types of maps to test skill in many areas. Of course if like half of the map pools are SV heavy that's pretty excessive lmao.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Map pools should have maps that test a wide range of skills so that teams have a chance to play to their advantages at least somewhat.

I think it also depends on the kind of SVs in maps. There's a big difference between SV gimmicks like MAS maps as opposed to long slowdowns or speedups.
[Crz]Player
welcome to o!m 4key aggro threaㄷ
skystorms88
Submitted over 15+ beatmaps (3.25 SR and above, phew...) ranked & pending

Thanks, Spy for giving a chance to suggest MWC beatmaps~
Tidek

skystorms88 wrote:

Submitted over 15+ beatmaps (3.25 SR and above, phew...) ranked & pending

Thanks, Spy for giving a chance to suggest MWC beatmaps~
I think there is no need to suggest ranked maps, Im sure that map selectors know all of ranked ones.
skystorms88

Tidek wrote:

I think there is no need to suggest ranked maps, Im sure that map selectors know all of ranked ones.
about map selectors aware about ranked maps, i'm not certain. But I submitted mainly beatmaps which not used in last year's MWC ;) (and fulfill the submission criteria ofc)

And maybe, map selectors will have more options for those submitted beatmaps and maps that they're already aware.

This is the only way I can join the MWC 2015 hype
Jinjin
I already sent a bunch of maps ranging from 3.5* to 7+* (playable ones, not those cancer inducing weird patterned maps) hopefully we'll see a very challenging mappool for the finals ^^
Ortlinde

iJinjin wrote:

I already sent a bunch of maps ranging from 3.5* to 7+* (playable ones, not those cancer inducing weird patterned maps) hopefully we'll see a very challenging mappool for the finals ^^
HAELEQUIN?
Bobbias

iJinjin wrote:

I already sent a bunch of maps ranging from 3.5* to 7+* (playable ones, not those cancer inducing weird patterned maps) hopefully we'll see a very challenging mappool for the finals ^^
How playable is Shoegazer's Gengaozo_Foon?
Shoegazer

Bobbias wrote:

iJinjin wrote:

I already sent a bunch of maps ranging from 3.5* to 7+* (playable ones, not those cancer inducing weird patterned maps) hopefully we'll see a very challenging mappool for the finals ^^
How playable is Shoegazer's Gengaozo_Foon?
It's a little spiky but it's more than playable. I'd like to consider all of my charts playable :P
Jinjin

Etdah wrote:

iJinjin wrote:

I already sent a bunch of maps ranging from 3.5* to 7+* (playable ones, not those cancer inducing weird patterned maps) hopefully we'll see a very challenging mappool for the finals ^^
HAELEQUIN?
haelequin INF patterns really involve luck as much as it requires skill; i didn't include it since it's not really a good map to gauge one's 4k ability
that being said, haelequin INF is wayy too easy for the finals
Ortlinde

iJinjin wrote:

haelequin INF patterns really involve luck as much as it requires skill; i didn't include it since it's not really a good map to gauge one's 4k ability
that being said, haelequin INF is wayy too easy for the finals
so...
Which map that have 7+ SR and playable
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply