osu!mania 4K World Cup - Map Suggestions!

posted
Total Posts
90
show more
Jepetski
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/323777 xdddddd shameless self advertising
Tidek

ATTan wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/109438
Definitely kamui is better than half of maps last year in semi/finals xDD
Agka
lmao
Ortlinde

Fullerene- wrote:

What about converted maps where permission from the original mapper was obtained (e.g. AiAe SHD)? Seeing as the main reason converted maps aren't included is because the original creator might not be made aware of its use, it should be fine as long as the mapper is OK with it. Proof would have to be provided of course.
What? you want to submit Aiae SHD?
I'm out XD
Gezoda
One word from me: Don't even dare.
Kkay1124
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/326600 It's a very good song ^-^
Jinjin

_Gezo_ wrote:

One word from me: Don't even dare.
357 ;)
EtienneXC
There should be a no gimmicks rule as well (BPM changes, random stops in the song, etc), anything that a player might not be aware of when playing in tournament.
Jinjin

EtienneXC wrote:

There should be a no gimmicks rule as well (BPM changes, random stops in the song, etc), anything that a player might not be aware of when playing in tournament.
This was actually an issue last year, there were maps with heavy sv changes. However, slight sv changes should be fine because the map pool is released like a week before the actual match, which gives the players a chance to familiarize themselves to the maps
Ortlinde
Can i suggest marathon maps?
Tidek
What is wrong with BPM changes? lol? (megitsune for example)
EtienneXC

Tidek wrote:

What is wrong with BPM changes? lol? (megitsune for example)
It barely reflects a player's skill and is not needed for tournament use. It would just be more comforting for the other players as well.
Tidek
You mean BPM changes or SV changes?

Because idk how playing for example 150bpm and 180bpm in 1 map with SAME scroll speed wont reflect player skill.

EDIT: Doing good accuracy on slowjams is skill too anyway.
Kamikaze
Etienne while I see your point, we can't set a no gimmick rule beause Id' say that playing gimmicky maps well is a skill on it's own. Of course we don't want to have stuff as SV heavy as for example April #02 or Evanescent, but not excessive SV changes are good and needed imho.
As for the difficulty of pools I think that we should start a bit harder than last year and don't jump so fast upwards with every stage.
Fullerene-
One or two SV heavy maps in each pool would be nice to shake things up as a wild card pick, if people don't want to play it just pick something else. Map pools should contain many types of maps to test skill in many areas. Of course if like half of the map pools are SV heavy that's pretty excessive lmao.
Tidek
Forgot to add that each team will be able to ban 2 maps so I dont see a problem here.
Bobbias

Fullerene- wrote:

One or two SV heavy maps in each pool would be nice to shake things up as a wild card pick, if people don't want to play it just pick something else. Map pools should contain many types of maps to test skill in many areas. Of course if like half of the map pools are SV heavy that's pretty excessive lmao.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Map pools should have maps that test a wide range of skills so that teams have a chance to play to their advantages at least somewhat.

I think it also depends on the kind of SVs in maps. There's a big difference between SV gimmicks like MAS maps as opposed to long slowdowns or speedups.
[Crz]Player
welcome to o!m 4key aggro threaㄷ
skystorms88
Submitted over 15+ beatmaps (3.25 SR and above, phew...) ranked & pending

Thanks, Spy for giving a chance to suggest MWC beatmaps~
Tidek

skystorms88 wrote:

Submitted over 15+ beatmaps (3.25 SR and above, phew...) ranked & pending

Thanks, Spy for giving a chance to suggest MWC beatmaps~
I think there is no need to suggest ranked maps, Im sure that map selectors know all of ranked ones.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply