forum

osu! : Last Man Standing!

posted
Total Posts
show more
jesse1412
Alright I'd like to register: team #arsecr- ....

wait a second....

:(
Heinzen
Is there going to be any databases with every team that has signed up or is it going to be lols surprise?
Topic Starter
Backfire

Heinzen wrote:

Is there going to be any databases with every team that has signed up or is it going to be lols surprise?
We will make a spreadsheet with the registered teams once we get around 10 submissions.
Bass

jesus1412 wrote:

Alright I'd like to register: team #arsecr- ....

wait a second....

:(
Sorry jesse, we are going to take Wolfie to our team this time. :(
Topic Starter
Backfire
I've gone ahead and put the registered and accepted teams up. If you were not accepted, I will contact you so I can either confirm some things or discuss eligibility with you.

You can find them here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... U1EF3jOSw0
Topic Starter
Backfire
I'd like to make an announcement.

Kyshiro and Asphyxia both had to drop out for personal reasons, that's fine

We have gotten two other map pickers, and maybe you know them!

Cherry Blossom and Priti!
Shuichi
Cherry Blossom 8-)
Topic Starter
Backfire
3 More Teams and WWW to Poland has been added to the roster.

I hope this brings out some of the other big countries too, we already have a lot of great players participating!

Edit - And now France, Austria + Australia, and Hungary have joined too !
Avena
Cherry Blossom and I started working on the map pool, All I can say is that you guys & gals should start polishing your play since we are not going to go easy on you.
XII
Can macedonia and Sweden fuse?

Or is that not allowed? I wanna play with MetoA <3
Niko-nyan
*poof* how bakafire add me as a referee again omfg :> welcome to osu! LMS :) we need more referee until now to make the 1st round is well
Topic Starter
Backfire

IVo one wrote:

Can macedonia and Sweden fuse?

Or is that not allowed? I wanna play with MetoA <3
Yeah, they can. Macedonia is quite a small country, although sweden is not, I can allow for something like this because Macedonia is so small. You should probably speak to your top 10 in sweden, however, if they would like to participate before, or if they would like MetoA as well.

Thank you :)
Avena
Group Stage pool is done, All I can say is that you guys better start warming up now since this won't be easy.
Joe Castle
em... Hi. i want to be on the last man tournament, i want to be in the venezuela team, but im not very active. what i need to do?
Constantine
spreadsheet: change indonesia >> singapore

good luck to all :D
Topic Starter
Backfire

Constantine wrote:

spreadsheet: change indonesia >> singapore

good luck to all :D
tfw flags...
Topic Starter
Backfire
Seems there is some confusion. To register message ANY of the main staff, Me or Nwolf, on the osu! FORUMS. If you must, find us in game, but please, do not get discouraged if you can't find us in game. Just send it to our messages on the forum.

to register, again, if you are confused, just use this format.

Captain :
Player 2 :
Player 3 :
Player 4 :
Player 5 :
Player 6 :
Time Zone : (this part is optional)

Please do not hesitate to sign up, we are close to hitting 32 (there is currently 25), I hope most of you aren't procrastinating but it's fine if you are! I hope to make the tournament a success, so as many teams that sign up will help us reach that goal.
Musty
is there something new? as the registrations deadline passed?
Are you delaying the deadline?
Topic Starter
Backfire
Niko-nyan
Hello guys!
I'm here to give the mappack of the group stage mappools!
here the mappacks
K_N
Fix pls. (Russia B)

Nwolf
you didn't see anything ;w;

For those that want a pic of groups in forums and not on google:

Good luck to all teams!
[-D4rRyL-]
MiruHong
Y'all bout to be crushed by the might of Singapore
Lach
Jks

_Miiro wrote:

Pls no
Histoire

_Miiro wrote:

aritakun
WAIT... IS THIS TAIKO OR STANDARD... AND WHY IS _MIRRO SINGAPOREAN?
Nemis
I really dislike this mappool except a few maps. It's also a little bit too easy to be put in a tournament like this one imo :P
Bass
That's the point. Some maps are easy so you can just easily fuck up and loose.
Niko-nyan

aritaharu wrote:

WAIT... IS THIS TAIKO OR STANDARD... AND WHY IS _MIRRO SINGAPOREAN?
this is standard.

but after the group stage, the difficulties will be increase again
Aka
will argentinian players get links?

also there is no user with "froth" nickname
Topic Starter
Backfire
I am working very hard, and some things take a little time to get done. The argentinian's will have links later, the reason they aren't there is because the registration was done in-game and links to profiles need to be done manually/by hand
cr1mmy
stream link?
Topic Starter
Backfire
Hello, the stream link is here http://www.twitch.tv/taikoworldcuplms

We are doing our best to prepare, and I still need extra help for streamers. If ANYONE is interested in helping PLEASE PM ME. We currently only have one streamer who might not be able to broadcast all day, so some matches may not be shown. This is the group stage, so surely this won't matter so much since lots of matches wont be streamed regardless. During play-offs, however, an effort will be made to stream every match. Thanks for understanding.
Topic Starter
Backfire
Here with more bad news!
1) Australia vs. Singapore is cancelled due to problems on Australia's end, so Singapore is the default winner.
2) osu! Staff still has not contacted me back for the osu!tourney access, so it is entirely possible that they will not even see it till the weekend. I guess it's my fault for not finalising my staff sooner but, I have a lot of issues to tend to and honestly I thought they'd respond quicker. If you'd like to help, pm Loctav or e-mail the tournament staff to help me get this noticed ASAP. We have streamers but no client.

Actually it seems we will be able to have a make-shift stream (sorry ;_; it'll just be play by play commentary and the multiplayer screen! hope that isn't a problem)
http://www.twitch.tv/taikoworldcuplms
Bass
Maybe ask someone who has access to stream for you? Take a look who is in group.
Histoire
hi i want to complain about the streamer, the streamer seems to be playing during the matches and drawing dicks in smoke
Heinzen
So we are tied with USA A because Singapore got 3 extra lives because Australia had a no-show case? Australia played against us and the US and we had straight up a actual matches. But Singapore still gets 3 bonus lives. Even though we beat them by a lot in the tiebreaker and the US didnt get left behind by much.

This is really funny if you ask me, I mean, the guys who had legit matches and played the best are being left behind - by a lot - because there wasn't a reschedule. Nice dude
Topic Starter
Backfire

bonbori wrote:

So we are tied with USA A because Singapore got 3 extra lives because Australia had a no-show case? Australia played against us and the US and we had straight up a actual matches. But Singapore still gets 3 bonus lives. Even though we beat them by a lot in the tiebreaker and the US didnt get left behind by much.

This is really funny if you ask me, I mean, the guys who had legit matches and played the best are being left behind - by a lot - because there wasn't a reschedule. Nice dude
Sorry, Australia did not ask for a re-schedule, they simply forfeited their match to Singapore. I'd like to point this out, before you call for our heads, because if a team forfeits they basically automatically are giving the other team 3 points. There is nothing wrong with this, and there is nothing that could have stopped singapore from either going out there and 3-0'ing or 3-1'ing Australia. Had they 3-1'd australia, you'd all be tied.

Many things could happen, but this is the outcome. Please don't be upset, you are not being "left behind" either, as we have a plan for you next week to play a tie-breaker match to decide who will get into the Round of 16. I hope you understand, as this is the best we can do. Not everyone can move on in a group, and to say that you and USA are stronger than Singapore is not exactly fair to Singapore, who played quite well in your matches as well.
show more