Total Posts
show more
I Must Decrease

Yales wrote:

Liiraye wrote:

http://puu.sh/nExzW/f6ae693ecc.jpg
is how I'd map it

edit: actually this fits the synth better

Thanks for your suggestion, really much appreciated. But then it doesn't follow the melody, and the last downbeat not being hit isn't smthing I like.

Also, we shouldn't forget that if there's kick sliders here 02:25:735 (1,2,1,2) - it's because the music gets more intense in this whole section.
Therefore since it seems we don't need the thoughts of players (as they could "simply mash their keyboard" mhmh), we should just follow the music in a way that it makes sense I found this meanwhile http://puu.sh/nEBoW/d275bec69e.jpg (I'm dead serious about this btw). I mean pace seems approrpiate, most audible beats (I'll keep saying there's a drumroll behind) are followed too. I'm like why not. Or can I ask someone to edit mp3? Pretty sure it's possible to be fixed this way. I mean it's not like we would actually hear something different ...
if it come to that I can do that for you probably.
Cherry Blossom
Just dropping my opinion, this is definitely 1/3 from 02:25:199 - to 02:26:270 -
You're following a particular sound for 02:24:128 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,1,2) - and it's 1/4 here. There is the same sound from 02:25:199 - to 02:26:270 - but it's 1/3. You should make things consistent.
Even if you believe that 1/4 fits this part better, (tbh me too). A map must follow the song beforeall, it includes that everything must be snapped in time.

It already happened to me when i was mapping and ranking Installation, but songs are sometimes weird :)
Liiraye

Yales wrote:

Liiraye wrote:

http://puu.sh/nExzW/f6ae693ecc.jpg
is how I'd map it

edit: actually this fits the synth better

Thanks for your suggestion, really much appreciated. But then it doesn't follow the melody, and the last downbeat not being hit isn't smthing I like.

Also, we shouldn't forget that if there's kick sliders here 02:25:735 (1,2,1,2) - it's because the music gets more intense in this whole section.
Therefore since it seems we don't need the thoughts of players (as they could "simply mash their keyboard" mhmh), we should just follow the music in a way that it makes sense I found this meanwhile http://puu.sh/nEBoW/d275bec69e.jpg (I'm dead serious about this btw). I mean pace seems approrpiate, most audible beats (I'll keep saying there's a drumroll behind) are followed too. I'm like why not. Or can I ask someone to edit mp3? Pretty sure it's possible to be fixed this way. I mean it's not like we would actually hear something different ...
isn't that pic you did like making a 1/8 stream on a 1/4? using 1/6 triples on 1/3 notes...

generally a rule of thumb is to start a stance shift with sliders/repeat sliders so that the player doesn't get suddenly thrown off by going from 1/4 to 1/3, especially in a fast map like this in the middle of stream (not sure how much good this will do in scorev2 tho lol)

since the 1/3 is hard to hear, I'd suggest following the synths as I did, since they are more audible than the 1/3 while playing. Try it out and see what you think, good luck regardless!
Topic Starter
Saoji

Liiraye wrote:

isn't that pic you did like making a 1/8 stream on a 1/4? using 1/6 triples on 1/3 notes...

generally a rule of thumb is to start a stance shift with sliders/repeat sliders so that the player doesn't get suddenly thrown off by going from 1/4 to 1/3, especially in a fast map like this in the middle of stream (not sure how much good this will do in scorev2 tho lol)

since the 1/3 is hard to hear, I'd suggest following the synths as I did, since they are more audible than the 1/3 while playing. Try it out and see what you think, good luck regardless!
No it's mapped full 1/3 with 1/6 triples to follow the melody. Since it seems it will get dq for rhythm problem (without taking into account how smooth it is for the player) I wouldn't care so much about how hard it is to hit some 336 BPM. After all. The music allows it.
I tried your suggestion but as I pointed out there's a few things that bother me a little bit. It was the MOST intense part of the whole map. Understand that putting 1/3 slider reverse after that feels a bit empty.

"Since 1/3 is hard to hear" ... Ya well I don't even want to put those 1/3 so why shall I even make something to prepare the player for it? If you think it needs DQ cause it so obvious the snapping is wrong I'm gonna put some REAL 1/3. No excuse. (Shiirn and Bonsai clearly told me that players' opinion doesn't matter anyway... you made a nice catch there lol).

On the other hand seems someone could edit MP3... :3 Xexxar <3 (for what it's worth ... I mean CB agree it's 1/3 but also agree 1/4 fits better...)
HappyRocket88
It's somehow weird QATs haven't come yet, even after there was a healthy discussion here and there are few points to fix. o.o
Topic Starter
Saoji

HappyRocket88 wrote:

It's somehow weird QATs haven't come yet, even after there was a healthy discussion here and there are few points to fix. o.o
"to fix" ... mhhhhhhhh not sure about that tbh XD
Shiirn
because there are no qat
IamKwaN
I guess I should take this mapset out of the Qualified category and let the discussion continue before a conclusion from the community is drawn.

Smoothie World wrote:

00:32:699 - Does anyone else think the hitsounds hear are nearly impossible to hear? I have mine pretty loud and I had trouble hearing them

00:04:708 (2,1) - Why is this 6.71x spacing? I don't get it. At 00:06:851 (2,1) you have 3.5x and 00:08:994 (2,1) is even smaller, meanwhile the song is getting more and more intense.

00:12:811 - You don't have a triple on this tick anywhere else in the song. It's mapped to nothing.
I actually agree. At least the inaudible hitsounds should be fixed before moving on.

-------
As for 02:25:199 - to 02:26:270 - , I have reservations about putting them as 1/4 streams for the sake of playability. Following the music is the basic essence of the game. So, probably change the snaps?

I hope everything onwards is constructive. Good luck with the requalification, Yales.
Asahina Momoko
:(
Topic Starter
Saoji
DQ #2 :D

It's not inaudible at all.
40% is enough and proportionate with all my sections.

About the jump I already explained why I think it's fine. And I definitely won't touch it. 6.00 when the SV is 0.5 won't kill anyone btw.

Fixed the stream, it is now nicely snapped . (Since it seems they were like -so obvious-). The triples are for the melody. Better follow everything properly right. (If you disagree with it. After all the craps you said about players' opinion don't matter you better have some massive arguments about why I should change it). Also, I recieved a few complaints that my map was too easy for a snowdrive, it will also fix this in the process. Those 1/3 beats were a nice catch ! Thanks!

Here's a few things that I see coming and I already have the answers:
- But it's too hard --- I don't care so much about that.
(" just saying that player's opinions don't mean anything" - Bonsai) Also Shiirn told me exactly the same thing in #modhelp

- But it's unexpected --- the 1/3 in the music themselves are unexpected...how can I be more accurate then? (I mean this is at least unexpected to me... this point coming out for the first time after a few 50 mods lol)
More to come.

---

KD goes for being supportive (it's way more helpful than any mod, just sayin)
Myxo
Don't feel offended from people modding your map. If you think they are rude, don't make a rude reply, contact a moderator instead. If you think they are talking nonsense, don't make a nonsense reply. If you run into a situation where you don't know what to do with your map, take a break for a few days and think about it carefully before making hasty decisions.

You don't have to fix things you don't agree with if you give proper reasoning for it. You and me know that the stream thing was much better before you changed it. Personally I didn't notice the stream wasn't on correct snap all the time I modded the map, because the music is pretty noisy and the stream sounded and played fine ingame. That's also the reason why I would say using 1/4 is fine there as a simplification. (Simplification because it is much easier and intuitive to play, even though 1/4 is more dense than 1/3). If you think the same then explain it exactly like that, short but reasonable. Don't write huge paragraphs about how you could make it even worse. Don't try to be ironic by saying you don't care about the players, because I know you do.

Do what you want with the map, just know that I am not willing to rebubble it with the 1/6 patterns.
Liiraye
So it's fine to map 1/4 on 1/3 because it's simplifying for the player? I mean of course it's intuitive to keep streaming after such a long stream, but that doesn't mean it's any more rankable. There are tonnes of maps with mixed in 1/3 (I happen to map quite a few myself) where you have to compromise your patterning in order to follow the music to the form it was composed. Is his 1/6 patterns any different from that just because it made the map harder to play or because it's stupid? Seems like anything goes if it's easier and intuitive, and I believe mappers like yales is getting a lot of mixed signals here. Please be more clear and objective.

Just checking so I can add this to my rewritten version of the ranking criteria
Myxo
It depends. The reason we follow snaps is to make the hitsounds fitting and intuitive in gameplay. In this case 1/4 doesn't sound off to me at all due to the noisyness of the song. It is a subjective topic really. I am not trying to be objective, we are discussing a gameplay aspect here that is nothing about objectivity.
There are some cases where it doesn't make sense to discuss about wether snappings are worth fixing or not (for example if you have a short repeated slider anyways, and it's on wrong snap, you can just change the snap without changing the gameplay experience). But in cases like this it's a critical topic.

Also, Yales could just have the mp3 edited so the sounds are on 1/4, and nobody would even notice the difference ingame (or when listening to the map at normal speed). So it doesn't even change anything. However, it's an option to satisfy everyone, except those who say mp3s should not be edited for some reason but that is an entirely different topic.
Liiraye
If he edits it accordingly I have no issues here. We are talking about the rule saying no unsnapped notes, isn't that as objective as it gets?

Claiming it should be mapped ignoring this rule is a subjective statement. You say it's easier/more intuitive to play, I ask when did we start catering to players instead of striving to do justice to it's composers work & the actual sounds it provides us?

The composer made it 1/3 for a reason. This is for example why sometimes, having empty sliderends is fine because they aren't ignoring the music, instead adding an aspect to it. There's a clear distinction there.

Or am I missing something here?
Natsu

Liiraye wrote:

If he edits it accordingly I have no issues here. We are talking about the rule saying no unsnapped notes, isn't that as objective as it gets?

Claiming it should be mapped ignoring this rule is a subjective statement. You say it's easier/more intuitive to play, I ask when did we start catering to players instead of striving to do justice to it's composers work & the actual sounds it provides us?

The composer made it 1/3 for a reason. This is for example why sometimes, having empty sliderends is fine because they aren't ignoring the music, instead adding an aspect to it. There's a clear distinction there.

Or am I missing something here?
extended sliders are basically the same unsnapped thing... (In most of cases) so being hard rule to snap to the music would kill this too ;) , since any defense to them will be subjective as well, so the comparison is almost the same.

Anyways Yales, I think using 1/3 sliders jump is the best option you have, is just a tiny section of your map, so I guess making it a bit more comfortable for players will be nice (If you need a bit help with timeline catch me in game), anyways take sometime to think calm about it.
Liiraye
Sure, I understand how you're reasoning, but there's a reason why a high percentage of maps today use, and are allowed to use silenced sliderends in ranked maps, while none use 1/4 streams on a 1/3 section.

So no, it's not the same thing since they don't ignore the music, they add to the gameplay aspect.
There's a clear difference and I hope everyone can see & understand this. If not let's go and unrank every other map we rank today. Hurr
hehe
I'm against using 1/3 slider repeats because yes, they take away from the impact well. But after a few 1/4 sliders its not difficult to transition into a 1/3 stream especially when it starts on a downbeat. However both the composition and 1/6 triples in that section is pretty much unreadable, extreme, and uncalled for, I think you know that. Pretty sure everyone would be happier if you'd just remap the 1/3 section appropriately and push this map forward rather than wasting time trying to spite people with your own creative work.
Topic Starter
Saoji
What I mean with this pattern is clearly that it's not because you're following the music perfectly that it's for the best. The triples are the proof of it as handsome explained "both the composition and 1/6 triples in that section is pretty much unreadable" yet the triples are correct and could be totally plausible by following the logic a few people told me to. But for the reason Desperate-kun gave, and because hansome gave valid arguments (and because everyone seems helpful e.e) I won't keep it.

I did explain myself about it though. Yes the beats are snapped 1/3, yet the music, as Desperate-kun said is really "noisy" I would even say there's a drumroll behind this which allows a full stream. Once more, sounds like this 02:25:467 - (until the end) are not 1/3. it might feel low compared to the 1/3 beats but in full speed this is actually what you hear. And it actually goes the same for the beginning of this "1/3 section"

I mean the 1/3 are clearly not that obvious, you kinda have to delete all notes, play audio at 25% and focus quite a little bit to find it (which makes me kinda wonder about the intentions of the first guy who found it....... That's another subject I guess). Adding to it, that because the 1/3 are unexpected and inaudible it's really awkward not only to play but to look at (especially considering the pace of this section).

As Desperate-kun said as well " Yales could just have the mp3 edited so the sounds are on 1/4, and nobody would even notice the difference ingame (or when listening to the map at normal speed)" that's also what I said and this is the reason why I disagree with that point.

Thanks for being supportive >.<

PS: While it's DQ I'll ask there, d'you think the offset is ok? I feel that 1642~ might actually be better???)

SPOILER

Desperate-kun wrote:

Don't feel offended from people modding your map. If you think they are rude, don't make a rude reply, contact a moderator instead. If you think they are talking nonsense, don't make a nonsense reply. If you run into a situation where you don't know what to do with your map, take a break for a few days and think about it carefully before making hasty decisions.
Actually the problem was that a BN came and gave some points (said objective) that weren't following my logic of mapping at all. And because his name is colorful, his points actually had way more impact (that's how I saw it at least). Then the discussion went really fastly from "suggesting" changements to you "HAVE TO" change it.

I'll keep your advices in mind from now on.
Liiraye

Yales wrote:

What I mean with this pattern is clearly that it's not because you're following the music perfectly that it's for the best. The triples are the proof of it as handsome explained "both the composition and 1/6 triples in that section is pretty much unreadable" yet the triples are correct and could be totally plausible by following the logic a few people told me to. But for the reason Desperate-kun gave, and because hansome gave valid arguments (and because everyone seems helpful e.e) I won't keep it.

I did explain myself about it though. Yes the beats are snapped 1/3, yet the music, as Desperate-kun said is really "noisy" I would even say there's a drumroll behind this which allows a full stream. Once more, sounds like this 02:25:467 - (until the end) are not 1/3. it might feel low compared to the 1/3 beats but in full speed this is actually what you hear. And it actually goes the same for the beginning of this "1/3 section"

I mean the 1/3 are clearly not that obvious, you kinda have to delete all notes, play audio at 25% and focus quite a little bit to find it (which makes me kinda wonder about the intentions of the first guy who found it....... That's another subject I guess). Adding to it, that because the 1/3 are unexpected and inaudible it's really awkward not only to play but to look at (especially considering the pace of this section).

As Desperate-kun said as well " Yales could just have the mp3 edited so the sounds are on 1/4, and nobody would even notice the difference ingame (or when listening to the map at normal speed)" that's also what I said and this is the reason why I disagree with this point.

Thanks for being supportive >.<

PS: While it's DQ I'll ask there, d'you think the offset is ok? I feel that 1642~ might actually be better???)

What no, the 1/6 is not comparable as a substitute to 1/3 at all. What logic are you applying here? If you wanted to prove me wrong, use 1/3..

You're trying to make excuses for a clear error and undermine it by hinting that the guy who found it did so to mess with you? I mean even if that is the case, wouldn't you be happy that he helped improve your map by finding it? I myself have found errors in my own ranked map and wish someone would've found them in time thinking back, because now I regret it.

If you want to edit it go ahead, I'm sure nobody will mind, but the fact that you keep defending it in every way you can while all of us here knows there's an objective error in the map is a bit silly to me.
Topic Starter
Saoji

Liiraye wrote:

What no, the 1/6 is not comparable as a substitute to 1/3 at all. What logic are you applying here? If you wanted to prove me wrong, use 1/3..

You're trying to make excuses for a clear error and undermine it by hinting that the guy who found it did so to mess with you? I mean even if that is the case, wouldn't you be happy that he helped improve your map by finding it? I myself have found errors in my own ranked map and wish someone would've found them in time thinking back, because now I regret it.

If you want to edit it go ahead, I'm sure nobody will mind, but the fact that you keep defending it in every way you can while all of us here knows there's an objective error in the map is a bit silly to me.
The melody is sticked on 1/2. The 1/6 were, hence, following it (as it follows beats+melody). The 1/6 triples were NOT mapped on nothing.

I don't try to make excuses, I'm giving arugments (which follows the ones of Desperate-kun imo).

And for the reasons I said, I don't think that 1/3 here is going to help my map to improve, that's the whole problem of this point for me (and I'm not the only one saying that 1/4 actually fits better). Otherwise I would have changed it right away.
Liiraye
Right... I know when to give up. GL with ranking!
Topic Starter
Saoji
Alright, redownload set, the 1/3 section is now fixed.

Shall we go?
DaxMasterix
Forget this post
Topic Starter
Saoji
Thanks for checking :3
Enon
good luck T_T
hehe
just one more thing i'd like to point out.

Bonsai wrote:

Also, minor but imo unfitting nonetheless, 02:16:628 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,4,5) - the music is kinda going half-BPM but you just throw jumps around anyways, I don't think that represents the music very well
i really think you should take this into consideration, although it sounds very similar to the section here: 01:20:359 - , the drum pattern is going half time and the music definitely changes. in my opinion, and i think many people will agree with me here, it should be represented with slightly lower slider velocity as well as less rhythm density than you have going on. yes i do understand where you're coming from, it could be interpreted as 'tension' and therefore you threw some jumps here and there. however you could keep in mind the context of the song and its adjacent sections and show that the music drops in intensity from here: 02:17:145 - , so that it gives more impact to the stream section from 02:23:573 - onwards. it's more of a buildup with lots of tension rather than a really intense part that requires lots of movement.

similarly, you could try adjusting this section 02:21:430 - to something like http://i.imgur.com/PQnS4c4.png without the usage of 1/2 jumps or long streams (the 9 note stream seemed off) because the music hasn't switched back to normal time yet (snares kick in at 02:23:573 - ). the main point would be to similarly reduce the rhythm density, so that the section afterward feels more difficult and thus, give more impact.

yes i wrote a lot of words for this because i feel strongly about it and i didn't really like the reason of 'i prefer this'.
Topic Starter
Saoji

handsome wrote:

just one more thing i'd like to point out.

Bonsai wrote:

Also, minor but imo unfitting nonetheless, 02:16:628 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,4,5) - the music is kinda going half-BPM but you just throw jumps around anyways, I don't think that represents the music very well
i really think you should take this into consideration, although it sounds very similar to the section here: 01:20:359 - , the drum pattern is going half time and the music definitely changes. in my opinion, and i think many people will agree with me here, it should be represented with slightly lower slider velocity as well as less rhythm density than you have going on. yes i do understand where you're coming from, it could be interpreted as 'tension' and therefore you threw some jumps here and there. however you could keep in mind the context of the song and its adjacent sections and show that the music drops in intensity from here: 02:17:145 - , so that it gives more impact to the stream section from 02:23:573 - onwards. it's more of a buildup with lots of tension rather than a really intense part that requires lots of movement.

similarly, you could try adjusting this section 02:21:430 - to something like http://i.imgur.com/PQnS4c4.png without the usage of 1/2 jumps or long streams (the 9 note stream seemed off) because the music hasn't switched back to normal time yet (snares kick in at 02:23:573 - ). the main point would be to similarly reduce the rhythm density, so that the section afterward feels more difficult and thus, give more impact.

yes i wrote a lot of words for this because i feel strongly about it and i didn't really like the reason of 'i prefer this'.
Not changing that section, never xD. First of all as you said the music might be half beat or whatever but the section is really intense (I mean, even last time I hesitated to put a kiai here...) But not only this. I actully based those patterns on the intensity of the vocal. there's a clear difference between 02:19:287 (1,2,1,2) - and 02:20:225 (1,2) - same for previous part. I mean the vocal before the 1/1 sliders is way more intense and sharped than those smooth 1/1. So no, I highly disagree with your point. Those jumps are far from being "random". The fact there's 1/1 sliders already slow down the pace of the section quite a bit before the streams. Not to mention that those jumps give actually more impact on those 1/1.

Not sure to get your last point (and the fact that I really don't see a problem here neither doesn't help :c) I mean if I would change it, following my own logic which is to map the stream on the long drums would be to do something like this http://puu.sh/nHzZ7/c40cf5b3f4.jpg but then I don't find it really natural to play cause it doesn't go along with the vocal as well. I think those triples are "preparing the ground" good enough. Also I think that pattern like 02:25:180 (1,2,1,2) - is really intense the way it is, no really need to slow down before to give more impact to it.
Trost
Rip :c I can't feel the rhythm to this beatmap anymore.
Axon
I like this map

I'd mod but I suck at modding :(
Net0
Man I really want to see this ranked \o/ . I've been playing this map since it came out and a lot changed. It makes me think how trying to rank a beatmap involves changing, sometimes to better stuff sometimes to worst stuff. Well I'll try to give you some help Yales, but I'm new in this mod think and my style of mod is not convencional, so feel free to use this the way you prefer :D

Insane:

1)This slider 00:11:520 (3) - - can end at 00:11:653 - instead of 00:11:520 (3) - , makes it easier from a player perspective, but if you want to keep this section hard, then don't mind it. Same applies to this slider 00:32:431 (8) -
2)I have a question. In this part of the music you made the sliders in sequence 00:15:002 (1,2,3,4) - but in this part that is similar 00:23:573 (1,2,3,4) - on the song you changed the order of the sliders. If it's because of compose purposes there's no need to change it, but remember that making sections similar always help with the flow. This part is a great example of that:00:19:823 (1,2,3,4,1) - - and here00:41:386 (1,2,3,1) -
3)This hit circle 01:24:128 (1) - could be an unique combo, it would be great since the final part of this also finishes with an isoleted hitcircle 01:26:270 (1) -
4) I don't know what to think about this 03:14:485 (1,1) - . As a mapper I love this, as a player this is hell hard :P IGNORE THIS
5)For some reason I didn't feel this part with as much flow as the rest of the chorus, I can't explain it tho, but it felt slow somehow, total personal perspective tho 03:29:332 (3,1) - . That's the only part of the entire map I think you could actually make any changes on the compose, the rest is GREAT!!!
Now I'll point things that I hope you don't change in the future:
DUDE THIS LOOKS SO COOL 01:58:930 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - PLS DON"T LISTEN TO PPL, KEEP THIS!!! :P

I'm new in modding so I can't help with the other diff. But I mean it when I say I really like your Omoi trilogy. Really want it ranked. Take my star senpai o/

->I've edited, it seems it wasn't updated, sorry about that.
Topic Starter
Saoji

Net0 wrote:

Man I really want to see this ranked \o/ . I've been playing this map since it came out and a lot changed. It makes me think how trying to rank a beatmap involves changing, sometimes to better stuff sometimes to worst stuff. Well I'll try to give you some help Yales, but I'm new in this mod think and my style of mod is not convencional, so feel free to use this the way you prefer :D

Insane:

1)This slider 00:11:520 (3) - - can end at 00:11:653 - instead of 00:11:520 (3) - , makes it easier from a player perspective, but if you want to keep this section hard, then don't mind it. Same applies to this slider 00:32:431 (8) - I'm just following the music though. It might be surprising if you expect a triple but it's not really hard to play.
2)I have a question. In this part of the music you made the sliders in sequence 00:15:002 (1,2,3,4) - but in this part that is similar 00:23:573 (1,2,3,4) - on the song you changed the order of the sliders. If it's because of compose purposes there's no need to change it, but remember that making sections similar always help with the flow. This part is a great example of that:00:19:823 (1,2,3,4,1) - - and here00:41:386 (1,2,3,1) - I'm not sure it gives a better flow to take the same parts over and over again. It might sounds easier to you right now, because you're already used to a certain movement. But it's not harder or something, it's just slightly different to give a little bit of variations (otherwise the map would be pretty boring)
3)This hit circle 01:24:128 (1) - could be an unique combo, it would be great since the final part of this also finishes with an isoleted hitcircle 01:26:270 (1) - Considering the fact that it's also what I did on extra+freeze, this is actually a good point and I take that.
4) I don't know what to think about this 03:14:485 (1,1) - . As a mapper I love this, as a player this is hell hard :P IGNORE THIS
5)For some reason I didn't feel this part with as much flow as the rest of the chorus, I can't explain it tho, but it felt slow somehow, total personal perspective tho 03:29:332 (3,1) - . That's the only part of the entire map I think you could actually make any changes on the compose, the rest is GREAT!!! Ya.. I somehow decided to give the emphasize by undermapping those sliders to give something different to play to the player. This is just another way to map this part. I personally prefer this way by the way :P
Now I'll point things that I hope you don't change in the future:
DUDE THIS LOOKS SO COOL 01:58:930 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - PLS DON"T LISTEN TO PPL, KEEP THIS!!! :P

I'm new in modding so I can't help with the other diff. But I mean it when I say I really like your Omoi trilogy. Really want it ranked. Take my star senpai o/

->I've edited, it seems it wasn't updated, sorry about that.
Hello, Thank you very much for your support and the time spent for this mod (as well as the star).
But.. Did you delete and redownload the map? It doesn't seem we have the same offset. I tried to check each of your point but I can't really see what you were talking about because of that :(

Anyways, it's always really cool to see that people still support me on this "Omoi trilogy" ^^
I didn't give up on this yet and got the confirmation yesterday that the staff didn't neither!
Topic Starter
Saoji
Okoratu
Anything happening here?

Did the discussion resolve?
Topic Starter
Saoji

Okorin wrote:

Anything happening here?

Did the discussion resolve?
Well, I edited the mp3 so the "unrankable" problem is fixed. Desperate-kun told me a while ago he didn't give up on it neither but I guess he's busy. And smallboat is now a bit "scared" to rebubble it because he is not sure if he's actually allowed to do it a 3rd time or somthing.

So nope, nothing seems to happen here. I just uped the thread to not let it go in graveyard just in case.
Okoratu
Desp has finals so thats a thing. I dont believe the mp3 needed an edit because its just reverse-engineering to justify an overmap.

But now its in the song!! But its in the song because your way of mapping requires it to be >_>

Tldr i dont think mp3 edit was necessary, poke me ingame.
Video
third times a charm? :oops:
Okoratu
logging
22:14 Okorin: oh right snow drive
22:14 Yales: hello, sorry didnt see your message
22:14 Yales: update :O
22:14 Okorin: oh right snow drive
22:15 Okorin: is all i wrote
22:16 Okorin: ok something's wrong with me tonight i can't seem to focus on the screen to play this game without feeling dizzy
22:16 Yales: haha, well me too, but more because it's been a while i didnt see circles x)
22:17 Okorin: nobody commented on the background being vioelent
22:17 Okorin: violent*
22:17 Okorin: yet right
22:17 Okorin: good then because the violent thing is dumb
22:19 Yales: :o
22:20 Yales: i want a bg from alyssa
22:20 Okorin: i like the other version of this song more
22:20 Okorin: like idk what the troll shitdiff used but that version of the song seems genuinely better to me in terms of vocals
22:21 Okorin: but that's up to personal preference i guess
22:21 Yales: I disagree
22:21 Okorin: i just remember seeing the reddit thread saying that a lot as yours was qualified
22:21 Yales: I had choice between both when i made the diff, and i prefered this version by far
22:21 Yales: the other feels so.... annoying XD
22:22 Okorin: idk if higher ar can help with reading this diff
22:23 Yales: i don't know but i don't think it rly calls for high ar
22:24 Yales: I mean, there's some tricky thing, but it's really standard
22:24 Yales: overall
22:25 Yales: even the mindfuck thingy, sliders are on white ticks all the time, it's not like out of context or smthing x)
22:26 Okorin: that's not the point i was trying to make lol
22:27 Yales: well changing the ar isn't something that would decline, but I wonder if it's that necessary :o
22:27 Okorin: mainly i noticed that yo uhave like 5 one half beat objects visible at most times and i was wondering
22:27 Okorin: if showing less is easier to interpret or not
22:29 Okorin: ppl were saying it plays "weird" and generally liked to criticise it
22:29 Okorin: i wonder if that's just cuz one top player said it's weird or because your map feels weird to them
22:31 Yales: Well.. I don't know. I still asked some top players/mappers to play it, not only my friends, and they were quite surprised about the gamepay/star rating
22:31 Yales: chewin..captin
22:31 Yales: so i dont know who said it
22:31 Yales: if it's yuii- for example, he didn't even testplayed it sooo
22:31 Yales: I dont know i.i
22:31 Okorin: i don't know either
22:31 Okorin: but it being qualified once and receiving a bunch of negative feedback on reddit and idk maybe the disqus
22:31 Yales: also i dont know who said that, the only time I heard it was by yuii- actually xD
22:32 Okorin: soesnt seem like something i'd ignore
22:32 Yales: d'you still have the thread?
22:32 Yales: I just hope it';s not just because it's the version "powered by cookiezi" ..............
22:32 Okorin: https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/commen ... qualified/
22:32 Okorin: part of it is memes i guess
22:32 Yales: thanks
22:33 Okorin: but the majority complains about the audio
22:33 Yales: I don't like the other version
22:33 Yales: and people wouldnt coplain about it if they didn't hear the other version first
22:35 Yales: you know what
22:35 Okorin: plays very awkward isnt the most constructive thing to say either
22:35 Okorin: hm
22:35 Okorin: cant you do the same thing as i did ?
22:35 Okorin: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/356752
22:36 Yales: what did you do?
22:36 Okorin: read the description :D
22:36 Yales: ah :p
22:36 Okorin: basically i put a version with the japanese vocals / original up in there
22:37 Okorin: so that people can play it in whatever they like more
22:37 Yales: I don't even know if it will fit the other version x)
22:37 Yales: but why not
22:37 Okorin: well the intro in that other version is different form what i can hear
22:38 Okorin: probably wont fit well in parts
22:38 Okorin: :s
22:38 Okorin: would have been cool if it did though
22:39 Okorin: woudl shut up mp3 haters
22:39 Yales: gotta try it but i dont know whats their problem with the mp3 quality imo
22:39 Yales: it comes from original source
22:39 Yales: it already got dq for this
22:39 Okorin: that was before the dq for that
22:39 Okorin: :D
22:40 Okorin: like one half is complaining omg mp3 sounds bad
22:40 Okorin: and the other ohalf is like
22:40 Okorin: omg fuck this version
22:41 Yales: my main concern is for the map quality actually
22:41 Yales: but they're unable to give a single point I suppose
22:42 Okorin: yeah
22:42 Okorin: do you play tablet or
22:42 Okorin: mouse
22:42 Yales: yep
22:42 Yales: tablet
22:43 Okorin: cuz as a mouse player i have to admit
22:43 Okorin: some stuff feels odd
22:44 Yales: for example?
22:45 Okorin: 00:13:662 (6,7,1,2) - , also doesn't reflect the song toooo well cuz focus should be expected on 00:13:930 (1) - but instead its something like highlight 7 and 2
22:46 Okorin: 00:16:073 (1,2,3,4) - angles like that seem awkward to follow in general, at least with a mouse especially when considering that you'll drop off 00:16:073 (1,2) - early because of the way its arranged
22:46 Okorin: so these feel even closer
22:47 Okorin: and then huge jump and harsh angle to next make this harder to follow with a mouse i guess
22:47 Okorin: 00:19:823 (5) - nc ? xD u had one in 00:15:537 (1) -
22:48 Okorin: 00:50:493 (2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1) - omg general square hate strikes, but there's not much i expect you to do with these
22:49 Yales: lol ya
22:49 Yales: i wonder how many haters would love the map if i replace those squares with triangles
22:49 Yales: xD
22:49 Okorin: xd
22:50 Okorin: for some reason 01:11:787 (1,2,1,2,1,2,3,1,2,3) - this arrangement screwed with my brain until i memorised it
22:50 Yales: ._.
22:50 Okorin: mainly 01:12:591 (2,1,2,3) - ended up being confusing for me because of how one of these is hidden partly
22:50 Okorin: but that could be blamed on the skin i play with
22:50 Okorin: but
22:51 Okorin: so
22:51 Okorin: *
22:51 Okorin: 01:32:412 (2,3,4,1,2,3) - omg this reminds me of a pattern from my first ranked
22:51 Okorin: set
22:51 Okorin: i mean i hate the pattern now because in my context it didn't fit well
22:52 Okorin: but \:D/
22:52 Okorin: 01:37:502 - are really cool
22:52 Yales: oh ya? :o
22:52 Yales: nice
22:53 *Okorin is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/517595 iojjj - Akui to Ai no Sukima no Puzzle [Diplomatic Immunity]]
22:53 Okorin: 02:49:655 -
22:54 Okorin: i wouldnt combo 01:49:689 (1) - cuz to me they seem to belong to the same phrase
22:54 Okorin: 02:07:636 (2,3,4) - i think just normal stacking is easier to comprehend and doesn't damage anything flow wise, for me this came out of nowhere and i wasnt prepared for it lol
22:56 Okorin: idk how you combo but based on 02:49:020 (1) - shouldnt 02:50:091 (3) - have combo lol
22:57 Yales: first point i feel it actually ad more flows lol
22:57 Yales: second ok
22:58 Okorin: 03:39:645 (1,2,3,4,5) - is similar to one of the things i mentioned earlier because angles make this a bit odd for mouse players sth like moving 4 upwards could be a better-working-solution for me but idk
22:59 Okorin: http://puu.sh/ovBKX/dba3f31c4b.jpg like
22:59 Yales: ya might change this one, the idea is cool
23:00 Okorin: otherwise i dont have many issues playing this but my best guess is you affinity for squares can trigger people :p
23:00 Okorin: the only thing i don't like thaaat much yet is the clusterfuck part xD
23:02 Yales: post savelog ill check it more in detail!
23:02 Okorin: we can go over the other diffs in a similar manner but i don't think that much will show up really
Topic Starter
Saoji
Honnestly I don't want to to rework on this. It's good to me, and not only me, I asked multiple players, mappers and modders that I can blindly trust. It's way more revelant than 2 or 3 memers on reddit that are laughing their ass off by something that is by definition not funny.

The only guy from the staff I asked an opinion and didn''t like it was Yuii- ... Yet his reaction wasn't really appropriate neither. Gonna talk about it here cause it was way too big xD.

I came to him to have a look on my map. He was pretty busy, wasn't really willing to have a look, I politely insisted a bit and he told me (all via IRC) : "Okay, I'll give you a few tips" So he checks the map (Freeze diff) (he doesn't tesplay it). He starts to point out a few patterns...actually circles without explanations. Then after a while. Simply tell me that my map has no flow. I'm like "why? you're the first person who's telling me it, I asked lots of mods and testplays already... I don't understand". He answers me with a really, really vague argument like "Your circles doesn't follow the direction of your sliders" (I'm pretty sure he said exactly this). Also, I know that my hitsounds aren't that good, but he mentionned something that I think it's ok because I took the technique from my favourite mapper (Skystar) and when I explained it to him, he literally laughed at me "skystar LOOOOL" Then ye, he basically said that "my map sucks" and that's it.

Then, on the discussion of the first DQ (about MP3 quality), that guy came out of blue saying "http://puu.sh/nBBL5/039ecd6eff.jpg"
Isn't he supposed to help me instead of saying sarcasm like this????? Nice BNs you have there guys.

All of this to say, that the only guy who could have been revelant... isn't.

The second DQ was just because.. I don't know someone tried to delete all notes, put the music 25% slow and found out that there was a debatable 1/3 section in the middle of nowhere which got fixed by chaning the mp3. (Everyone ignored my argument before that happened).

All I'm saying is that people are making huge deals out of nothing on it. Because they don't like the song (well I was the one who mapped it, I keep the right to map the version I like, especially considering the amount of diff that I HAD TO make and the lentgh of the song), also because they don't like the map maybe (pretty weird, cause I mapped it at the same time than totsugeki, with same style and people seem to like it :') ) But I did what I had to do on this set. I mean, once more, there's not lots of mappers that would give as much as I gave for this. So they're not happy with it? Fuck it. I won't change anything for them, they did nothing, they don't deserve anything from me.

Once more, it's pretty sad to see that memes always get the last word on this game ^^

The ones who say that people who speedrank their maps (despite how good their maps are) can do this cause they gave more effort on their sets than people who can't rank are fucking liars XD

PS: Thanks for your time Okorin anyway. I might change 1 or 2 things from our discussion anyway cause I liked some of your points. Don't get me wrong I know you were willing to help me moving it forward. But this is getting just ridiculous. 10 months I posted every single day in #modreq and after all of this.. This is exhausting. And I'm sorry but I don't care how much you could praise "DQs" to me. I tried but I just can't find anything good out of it.
Okoratu
Why did you feel the need to write this? I don't get it, i actually locked myself out of my account fir the weekend so i couldnt come back to resume our little discussion there
Topic Starter
Saoji
Because if I didn't post this, I would have still be waiting for someone to reply (as it's been 11 months it's the case). And as I said, it's getting exhausting and literally depressing.
show more