forum

Omoi - Snow Drive

posted
Total Posts
show more
smallboat
Need to pop bubbled because found a unsnapped in extra, and do a IRC with mapper Rebubbled

IRC
2016-03-08 10:53 smallboat: Well, I has no new map need to be modded now. Are you call me check this map? https://osu.ppy.sh/s/323522
2016-03-08 10:53 Yales: If possible!
2016-03-08 10:56 Yales: Music is a bit noisy, and it's a big set... But that would help me a lot x)
2016-03-08 10:57 smallboat: This sound like fine to me, not bad
2016-03-08 10:57 smallboat: ACTION is editing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/790249 Omoi - Snow Drive [Extra]]
2016-03-08 10:57 smallboat: 01:54:663 (1) - hey, unsnapped?
2016-03-08 10:57 smallboat: : )
2016-03-08 10:57 Yales: wuuut ><
2016-03-08 10:57 Yales: fixing , just saw there were another note unsnapped.. how i.i
2016-03-08 10:58 smallboat: okay
2016-03-08 10:58 smallboat: i will reb it and you call D-kun to do qua it?
2016-03-08 10:58 Yales: sure!
2016-03-08 10:59 smallboat: why i see have the unsnapped in insane?
2016-03-08 10:59 smallboat: aimod
2016-03-08 11:00 Yales: in insane too o.o I have clue why, fixing
2016-03-08 11:00 smallboat: Freeze too
2016-03-08 11:02 Yales: alright, fixed them all, thanks, really have no clue how that happened tbh
2016-03-08 11:04 smallboat: okay i still are checking xD
2016-03-08 11:04 Yales: sure ~ !
2016-03-08 11:16 smallboat: ENH fine
2016-03-08 11:17 Yales: yay!
2016-03-08 11:26 smallboat: In Extra (00:48:636 (5) - ), maybe can del this note make it play better, feel this note drum sound not so previous imo
2016-03-08 11:28 Yales: mhh, what about if I put it around x16 y116? It would add more flow. It bothers me to not map it because I can hear the beat so it feels a bit empty
2016-03-08 11:28 smallboat: okay sure
2016-03-08 11:29 smallboat: 01:26:270 (4) - NC not the same with Freeze, want keep it?
2016-03-08 11:29 Yales: Okay fixed :D
2016-03-08 11:29 Yales: ah, good point...
2016-03-08 11:30 smallboat: yes let you consider it
2016-03-08 11:30 Yales: I think I'm going to add a NC indeed!
2016-03-08 11:30 Yales: would make sense!
2016-03-08 11:30 smallboat: okay agree~
2016-03-08 11:31 Yales: fixed ^^
2016-03-08 11:48 smallboat: Accidently the Freezz diff has no problem want say imo o.o
2016-03-08 11:48 smallboat: So specail style
2016-03-08 11:48 smallboat: special
2016-03-08 11:48 Yales: Is it a good thing .. or not? :x
2016-03-08 11:49 smallboat: yes good :D
2016-03-08 11:49 Yales: Yayy! Happy x)
2016-03-08 11:49 smallboat: x )
2016-03-08 11:50 smallboat: Okay already confirm unsnapped are fix
2016-03-08 11:50 Yales: yep, and updated the points above as well
2016-03-08 11:52 smallboat: okay confirm
Akiyama Mizuki
YES YES YES it's happening
Myxo
NAITE NANKA NAITE NANKA NAITE NANKA NAITE NANKA NAI NO SA
Topic Starter
Saoji
Yaaaay !

Thank you very much !! :3
Okoratu
congrats
Mao
Grats!
Feb
congrats yales!
caren_sk
congratz
Secretpipe
Congratz bro you did it!
wajinshu
Grats
Haruto
Congrats~
DeathHydra
Nice. Just when I thought "Why no ranked Snow Drive maps?"

I like the other version of the song better though. But this is good nonetheless
dqs01733
:DD
AruOtta
Congratz :D
Asahina Momoko
gratz :oops:
Zero__wind
oh it's ranked
pretty cool.
Noya
Late but congrats ;D
Kawashiro
Cool! <3
Congratz :)
Bearizm
Hate to be the guy here but I see a big flaw in this map's spread (and mp3 quality) despite the fact that the star difficulty shows a good spread.

Easy SV: 0.60
Normal SV: 1.00
Hard SV: 1.50

Insane SV: 1.60
Extra SV: 1.70
Extreme SV: 2.00

? Maybe this is just me but in a 224 BPM, this is such a massive difference. I personally think that this is a no brainer. to have such a massive SV gap between each lower difficulties in 224 BPM but apparently some people see it as fine which i don't understand.. even by just looking at auto play the map, hard and normal have such a HUGE difference in gameplay. hello am i the only who thinks this way. I think the only reason why the spread seems fine according to the star difficulty is because the system doesn't really consider SV? only how far the objects are placed between each other.
Enon
don't bully qualified mappers
Bearizm

Enon wrote:

don't bully qualified mappers
Might as well not have a qualified section, right? Just rank every map that is given a heart! Also I'm not bullying or anything, I'm expressing what I think about the map, and how it can be better. How is that bullying?

I also forgot to mention what's the point of having 4 combo colors with is barely different? or am i color blind
Topic Starter
Saoji

Bearizm wrote:

I also forgot to mention what's the point of having 4 combo colors with is barely different? or am i color blind
Why does the color "gray" even exist? We have "white" after all.

"Might as well not have a qualified section" ... There were none not a long time ago and the majority will agree that it was better that way... Just sayin'

-------

Thanks guys for your support :D (Sorry to not map the version some people seem to prefer, but that's not my case and there's already a map of it anyway >.<)
Bearizm

Yales wrote:

Bearizm wrote:

Why do the color "gray" even exist? We have "white" after all.
Because they're different, but that's not my point, is it? I mean, you're given the option to have more than 1 combo color for a reason... I get it if it's a pair of similar colors, but 2 pairs? 2-3-4 is very similar so I couldn't see any reason to have just 1 pair. if it's uhm... say as an example; light and dark grey with light and dark blue then i get it, that's cool imo. of course u gotta do the color hax to make it work. Also, you forgot to address my first post here.

Oh again, insane and extra has the exact same OD eventhough they're different by a margin. Ever consider of reducing the OD by 1 on ENHI diffs? I think it would be better that way, wouldn't it?
Topic Starter
Saoji
To be honnest I find hard to give a proper answer because your point has... no point.

The fact there's 4 colors won't be heavier in your folder anyway. I don't know what I have to explain between shades of blue (cyan/blue), and shades of pink (purple/pink). It's some colors you can also find in the background, but they're totally readable on it. Can you explain me the point of your remark please? What's really disturbing you in it? I mean, being questioned about the utility of shades of color isn't something that has to deal with osu! but with school...?

About your first point. Normal and hard diff both respect the DS. And as you said "the system doesn't really consider SV? only how far the objects are placed between each other." So, therefore, it does take into account the SV (as the DS is on both diffs 1.00 or something). Since DS is based on SV.
I suggest you to have a look on other sets around this BPM. You'll see that it usually takes the same gap from normal to hard. (Here's a few I could quote. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/348551 https://osu.ppy.sh/b/220231 https://osu.ppy.sh/b/291430 etc.) Not that much of a difference with my set right?

Also, the od is high enough to avoid notelock.

You could have made those kind of research before coming grumbling here (and basically asking me to map another diff) on a set of 6 diffs, 4 minutes drain time that I fully mapped by myself... I'm totally willing to get feedback, it's even appreciated but at least put the form. Cause when you say "I hate to be that guy" ... actually you love it don't you?
Myxo
Personally I think the spread is fine. The gap between Normal and Hard is indeed high, but the gap between Easy and Normal is equally big (there is a HUGE difference in density and speed). From Hard up to Freeze the gaps are much smaller, since the set is more focused on the higher difficulties.

The combo colors seem different enough to me.

I don't find this disqualify-worthy at the moment but if another QAT disagrees feel free to do it of course.
Bearizm

Yales wrote:

You could have made those kind of research before coming grumbling here (and basically asking me to map another diff) on a set of 6 diffs, 4 minutes drain time that I fully mapped by myself... I'm totally willing to get feedback, it's even appreciated but at least put the form. Cause when you say "I hate to be that guy" ... actually you love it don't you?
Wow, calm down. You seem a little bit salty there. If you didn't see my point in my post then idk what to say to you.. And sorry that I didn't do my "research", cba to do some "research". I only do this type of thing when I see something outrageous which is almost never nowadays. I know you put a shit ton of effort in this since you mapped every difficulty and got a lot of pages in this thread, but understand that if you get this type of feedback in the qualification process, it's pretty damn normal. Anyways, if you don't want to change them at least change the terrible mp3 as some mentioned in the disqus comments. It's really bad. Should be easy to bring back up...

@Desp I've always thought spreads are supposed to be balanced throughout all the difficulties being made (?)
Natsu
seems mp3 is really low quality >:

Idk if there is another source for mp3, anyways I took one from:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21203138

http://puu.sh/nBlbS/6c86ead58f.mp3

Check and judge yourself , or maybe someone else can provide a better one :P

Also Insane and Extra diff have the same OD :(
Enon

Bearizm wrote:

Might as well not have a qualified section, right? Just rank every map that is given a heart! Also I'm not bullying or anything, I'm expressing what I think about the map, and how it can be better. How is that bullying?

heyy just joke D:
neonat
Yuii-
So this actually got qualified. Hm hm.
Oh.
Okoratu
Judging by its spectrograph the mp3 isnt even 128 kbs and jitters a lot of stuff around lol
Sieg
a bit of offtopic D:

I'm here not to feedback but with another question. What you guys think, is this can be somewhat accurate gaps for this beatmap?
Bearizm

Enon wrote:

heyy just joke D:
ahaha sorry D:!!

Sieg wrote:

a bit of offtopic D:

I'm here not to feedback but with another question. What you guys think, is this can be somewhat accurate gaps for this beatmap?
Agreed. This is what I see.
Topic Starter
Saoji
My MP3 also comes from niconico. but idk

@bearizm alright, edited to put the drama out.
PS: Yuii- made me salty though :D

@sieg if you're talking about the icons of the map. It was like that but BNs themselves told me it wasn't accurate enough. So I guess it should have those icons..(?)
Bearizm
calm down, I told you my opinion, you answered. I'm ok with that.. May not change my mind about the spread but hey, I don't want any dramas especially with the fact you answered me with a certain degree of hostility (kind of my fault as well which I guess I owe you an apology with my semi-agressive criticism) and that this isn't the appropriate place for it.

good luck.
Sieg
@Yales icons? no, who cares about icons. It's about gaps between difficulties shown as distances
Natsu
Yales yes your mp3 can be from the same source, but hear the quality difference
yours:

mine:

I'm not the best encoding audio, but someone maybe can get an even better one from nicovideo, unless you want to keep a really low quality one. I wouldn't talk too much about the spread, but I have same feeling as Beazrim and Sieg
Topic Starter
Saoji

Natsu wrote:

Yales yes your mp3 can be from the same source, but hear the quality difference and the enconde difference

yours:

mine:

I'm not the best encoding audio, but someone maybe can get an even better one from nicovideo, unless you want to keep a really low quality one. I wouldn't talk too much about the spread, but I have same feeling as Beazrim and Sieg
If people think it's worth a DQ, fine! That's not a bad point after all. (I wonder why I took so many mods though, but well)

For the spread... I just can't take it. Sorry. I mapped the whole thing just to rank "freeze" in a way that it, at least, follow the ranking criteria... If after that there's some unspoken rules... I'm just like "no"
... If you want to get an idea of the feel I have about this set. Try to drink 4L of millk at once... no fun
Lasse
If the mp3 is going to be changed, you might as well use the one the artist put up as a free download on piapro (it's 192kbit too), even though it's pretty similar to Natsu's version in terms of audio quality. Probably the best 192kbit mp3 avaiable as it from an "official" source
http://piapro.jp/t/QzG4
I don't even speak any Japanese, but it only took a few minutes to create an account and download
=> http://puu.sh/nBzOy/74b79890a3.mp3
Sieg

Yales wrote:

For the spread... I just can't take it. Sorry. I mapped the whole thing just to rank "freeze" in a way that it, at least, follow the ranking criteria... If after that there's some unspoken rules... I'm just like "no"
... If you want to get an idea of the feel I have about this set. Try to drink 4L of millk at once... no fun
Well yes, I think this kind (EN--HI--E) of spreads should be acceptable, the gap can be treated as "alright" for pair of difficulties while every single difficulty by itself is matching the ability of majority of this level player base, which is the case here. Though attitude "I mapped the whole thing just to rank top difficulty" is so-so. Also, the set is quite good (:
show more