forum

Ambidexterity

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maus
Just wondering, is anyone else here able to play with both the pen in their left hand, using their keyboard with their right hand and vice versa?

I just realized I don't know anyone else except me who is doing this and it seems like a good technique, switching the pen to my right hand when I run out of stamina.
Deva
If i were using tablet id switch my hands too but since i use mouse i think its a waste of time to learn using both hands.

Also thats a quite advanced technique if you arent born with it.
Topic Starter
Maus

HK_ wrote:

If i were using tablet id switch my hands too but since i use mouse i think its a waste of time to learn using both hands.

Also thats a quite advanced technique if you arent born with it.
Tablet or mouse don't make much of a difference actually, I'd say.
Deva

Maus wrote:

Tablet or mouse don't make much of a difference actually, I'd say.
Just like i already said, theres no difference at all if you were born with it. I werent so im used only to pen.
_entropic
Were you born ambidextrous, or did you just train yourself to play osu ambidextrously?
And if you have one slightly dominant hand, are you better at playing with your dominant hand on keyboard, or pen?

I'm interested, b/c play with my non dominant hand (my left hand) on tablet.
ZenithPhantasm
No one is truly ambidextrous. You will favor one hand over the other even if ever slightly.

@OP no stick to just one or else you affect your mussel memory negatively and lose all your pp.
pandaBee
This has got to be one of the _______ ideas i've ever heard on here, and that's saying something.
Kouya-
I wish I could do that but I'm not a left handed person at all :(
DropPopCandy
I know someone who plays mouse with his right hand on the mouse and his left on the keyboard and plays tablet with his left hand on the pen and his right hand on the keyboard. Does that count?
Topic Starter
Maus

_entropic wrote:

Were you born ambidextrous, or did you just train yourself to play osu ambidextrously?
And if you have one slightly dominant hand, are you better at playing with your dominant hand on keyboard, or pen?

I'm interested, b/c play with my non dominant hand (my left hand) on tablet.
Not born ambidextrous, I just played osu for a year with my non dominant hand, my right hand. I swapped 6 months ago to my left hand and now I can play with both. I perform slightly better with the pen in my left though. Say I can pass on average 6.5* maps with my left and 6.2* with my right.

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

No one is truly ambidextrous. You will favor one hand over the other even if ever slightly.

@OP no stick to just one or else you affect your mussel memory negatively and lose all your pp.
Sure I might. I think playing for a year and having 3.5k pp is alright though. Besides, I don't care about my pp.
sottovoce

dististik wrote:

I know someone who plays mouse with his right hand on the mouse and his left on the keyboard and plays tablet with his left hand on the pen and his right hand on the keyboard. Does that count?

I'm the same - and I'm sure a lot of other left-handed tablet users are in the same position.
I wouldn't think it counts. I would never swap my pen to the other hand.