forum

Discuss peppy, pippi and osu in general Conspiracy theories

posted
Total Posts
show more
Bweh

Aurani wrote:

Brian OA wrote:

But you're not ironic all the time. Or were you kidding when you asked me for help?
Not ironic, but sarcastic.

Yes, I'm being a Nazi, because the German part of me says so.
I know, but I've been trying to avoid my OCD from bringing too many terms for the same thing in a single discussion.

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

Brian OA wrote:

But you're not ironic all the time. Or were you kidding when you asked me for help?
I wouldn't have a reason to kid about something that i'm genuinely interested in. So no, unless you thought differently about how i approached it, then i must apologize.
Besides, since you've agreed to offer me help, i wouldn't dare to drag you across the table with such a measly thing.

Even i have my boundaries.
Yeah, and that's why I can respect you more than... a good deal of the people here.
Aurani

Brian OA wrote:

I know, but I've been trying to avoid my OCD from bringing too many terms for the same thing in a single discussion.
Now you're just being lazy.

So, is there any tl;dr on this discussion you've been having with the others? I can't seem to bother to read both pages for some reason.
xch00F

Brian OA wrote:

So, basically, you don't have anything to say and everyone here should never treat you like you're serious despite not being clever, insightful, or funny in any measure.
tl;dr i'm a piece of shit and a big dumb idiot 24/7
Bweh

Aurani wrote:

Brian OA wrote:

Now you're just being lazy.

So, is there any tl;dr on this discussion you've been having with the others? I can't seem to bother to read both pages for some reason.
That's not really lazy... It does spare me effort, yes, but there isn't much to gain from going over more terms when there's no actual need.

TL;DR choofers is a confirmed imbecile
xch00F
i think its more that i dont rly want to try hard to validate myself on osu since im only here to play mania but whatever floats U're boat
Aurani

Brian OA wrote:

That's not really lazy... It does spare me effort, yes, but there isn't much to gain from going over more terms when there's no actual need.

So, you're saying that a simpler vocabulary is better? I strongly disagree with that.

Well, it can only be reconfirmed.
Bweh

Aurani wrote:

Brian OA wrote:

So, you're saying that a simpler vocabulary is better? I strongly disagree with that.

Well, it can only be reconfirmed.
I think simple vocabulary should go with simple conversations. More than that, though, I believe it's crucial to stick to our terms during a discussion, otherwise we may end up losing our common ground and just end up talking past each other because I'm thinking one thing with one term, and you're thinking the other. Then we'd have to waste time either redefining our terms or walking away unsatisfied—all the result of rather poor communication. And that ought to be the goal of a wide vocabulary: facilitate communication.

I mean, it's already implied I'm referring to sarcasm with "irony" in this case, and I don't think the situation demands the distinction be made.
xch00F
sarcasm isn't inherent to irony (and vice versa)
Topic Starter
SaigonAlice
Well, I agree with Choofers. If you're transphobic and/or homophobic, you're inherently being a nasty person. Why the fuck am I obliged to talk to you nicely? lol. I kinda wrote the 'pippi is genderbent peppy' on purpose, btw.
Yuudachi-kun
The internet trans community are generally insufferable pieces of shit hth
Bweh

SaigonAlice wrote:

Well, I agree with Choofers. If you're transphobic and/or homophobic, you're inherently being a nasty person. Why the fuck am I obliged to talk to you nicely? lol. I kinda wrote the 'pippi is genderbent peppy' on purpose, btw.
Whatever Choofers was saying doesn't really line up with what you're saying.

But if you're following up on what B1rd said, I believe there's a pretty big difference between not liking someone and going out of your way to undermine them. Tbh that kind of attitude just scares people; not accept or at the very least tolerate them.
Aurani

Brian OA wrote:

I think simple vocabulary should go with simple conversations. More than that, though, I believe it's crucial to stick to our terms during a discussion, otherwise we may end up losing our common ground and just end up talking past each other because I'm thinking one thing with one term, and you're thinking the other. Then we'd have to waste time either redefining our terms or walking away unsatisfied—all the result of rather poor communication. And that ought to be the goal of a wide vocabulary: facilitate communication.

I mean, it's already implied I'm referring to sarcasm with "irony" in this case, and I don't think the situation demands the distinction be made.
I definitely see your point, yes, but what exactly makes you think that we "may end up losing our common ground" during a conversation? Unless you know the other party well enough to directly ameliorate the conversation by using a modest vocabulary, you're just betting with them. What I mean is that some people (especially in the professional business world) might get either offended by you trying to dumb down the very membrane of the conversation (words), or they might just judge you by your display of a simplistic vocabulary and get the wrong idea about your intellectual skills, as, believe it or not, conveying the message matters as much as giving birth to it in your mind and is unshakably tied to it.

Of course I'm not sticking to the confines of Osu in the abovesaid, but you get the idea. If you're specifically going to refer to this forum when talking about that, then I most definitely agree with you. What's more, I'm certain that having a simplistic vocabulary here might even be better than having a wide and complex one. Most people will either hold you for an arrogant prick who is trying too hard at impressing other people, or they'll just drop out of the conversation immediately, since they didn't get what the heck you were talking about (like you said up above).
Topic Starter
SaigonAlice

Brian OA wrote:

Whatever Choofers was saying doesn't really line up with what you're saying.

But if you're following up on what B1rd said, I believe there's a pretty big difference between not liking someone and going out of your way to undermine them. Tbh that kind of attitude just scares people; not accept or at the very least tolerate them.
I wasn't really interested in the conversation beyond that, yeah.
Anyway I'm genuinely curious of the claims that minority communities are overly hostile. I mean sure, they're angry because of the lack of rights or representation I guess.

Kheldragar wrote:

Said the osu elitist scum
B1rd
It's not really the minority communities, it's the feminist and SJW that are hateful. And minorities certainly have no lack of representation, it's the opposite in fact, there needs to be more advocacy for the rights of whites and men. You will get lynched if you do anything mildly offensive to minorities (or women), yet people can openly spout hatred for straight white men.
xch00F

Kheldragar wrote:

do you understand the concept of "face"
xch00F
You will get lynched if you do anything mildly offensive to minorities (or women), yet people can openly spout hatred for straight white men.
here's what you do as a straight white male: don't take the "hatred" seriously, it's coming from a disillusioned sense of oppression and bigotry
the instant someone involves race as a means to justify hate, that person should no longer be taken seriously
Yuudachi-kun

Choofers wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

do you understand the concept of "face"
A thing you have on your head?
xch00F

Kheldragar wrote:

face being the "front" or the visible portion of a community that makes the entire community seem like they're full of shit
Yuudachi-kun

Choofers wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

face being the "front" or the visible portion of a community that makes the entire community seem like they're full of shit
If that's the visible portion of the community then that's all that matters because it's that portion that affects things outside of its community.
Bweh

Aurani wrote:

I guess we agree on this, then. Basically, it's just context-dependent. You'd need simpler stuff more often than not here, yeah.

SaigonAlice wrote:

I wasn't really interested in the conversation beyond that, yeah.
Anyway I'm genuinely curious of the claims that minority communities are overly hostile. I mean sure, they're angry because of the lack of rights or representation I guess.
Well, there's stuff like this http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/27/technol ... wdfunding/
And this http://toprightnews.com/thugs-ask-man-a ... uis-train/
And that https://youtube.com/watch?v=GO_X4DkwA_Q

Though I admit there's a habit of downplaying "their own" side's hostility with many a thing, truth is that anytime I talk about minorities with someone outside of my usual spots, I have people exploding on me over how they've endured 400 years of oppression or something.
Muzika
Off-Topic is amazing. Why have I never come here before?
B1rd

Choofers wrote:

here's what you do as a straight white male: don't take the "hatred" seriously, it's coming from a disillusioned sense of oppression and bigotry
the instant someone involves race as a means to justify hate, that person should no longer be taken seriously
Hatred doesn't bother me. But it starts to become an issue when that hatred fuel actually sexism and racism. For example, quotas for women, now men of equal or better qualifications might be denied a job simply because a company needs to fill their quota for women. Or, there are examples of men being expelled from universities simply from a woman saying that she's been raped, with literally no evidence, and when there was PROOF that the accusations was false, the university refused to hear it.
Topic Starter
SaigonAlice

Brian OA wrote:

Well, there's stuff like this http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/27/technol ... wdfunding/
And this http://toprightnews.com/thugs-ask-man-a ... uis-train/
And that https://youtube.com/watch?v=GO_X4DkwA_Q

Though I admit there's a habit of downplaying "their own" side's hostility with many a thing, truth is that anytime I talk about minorities with someone outside of my usual spots, I have people exploding on me over how they've endured 400 years of oppression or something.
Wait, I remember now, weren't you the guy calling minorities "lazy attention whores"? lol I deeply apologise for being born a minority aka a lazy attention whore. Anyway, moving on.

1. I think it's GoFundMe's own professional choice whether they want to shut down the funding of a certain bakery or not. It's not like GoFundMe is the representative of whole entire minorities or something. Btw, the bakery could've easily just said no to the lesbian couple and be done with it instead of ranting at their face, making them visibly upset.
  2. Actually, that's terrible. I definitely do not condone that. But hey, at least the White guy is still alive. Michael Brown is DEAD.
  3. This was pretty funny, but also out of line.
But in the end, you can't really compare a few mistakes to the rampant and consistent oppression of minorities, which has always been far more violent. Let's give a LONG list.

And I'm curious as to "anytime I talk about minorities with someone outside my usual spots" actually entails.

Also please look at this thread. As you can see, I was trying to educate Riince, Khel, Friendan about LGBQTIA in a polite, unpretentious and calm manner. I was not 'undermining' them in anyway, although I did make a "lel u plebians" joke out of casual jest. Yet they still continued to insult people's sexualities and genders and making dry SJW jokes till the break of dawn. So you see, coddling homo/bi/transphobic people really accomplishes nothing. (And hey, thanks posters on that thread for proving my point.)

This'll be my last post on this thread.
Friendan
People who say they are pansexual but not bisexual should be ridiculed, though. Literally a tumblr-word
Granger
Pansexual implies that theres more than 2 genders. Technically that means that a pansexual is not a bisexuals because a bisexual is attracted to (the) two genders.

However there are only 2 genders so thats a moot point.
Bweh
I can't say I remember that, but hey, I'd rather you avoid provoking me with poorly based slights and then try to act like it was nothing. That's pretty damn base.

1. But they did just say no and then explained why. Then they got a civil complaint and then a 100k fine for emotional damages. I'm not trying to fault GoFundMe here. Granted that I don't think you can halt part of someone's wedding plans and not make them upset, it'd be pretty damn frightening if I owned a business like that and lost it just for offending someone. I think that falls under "going out of your way to undermine someone."
  2. Yeah, shit like that sucks because you realize everything's just one big wheel of hate.
  3. Honestly, I'm in no mood to compile some huge list. I don't think we need a list of that scale to get my point across.
My point being that the hostility is there. I'm not trying to say one's worse than the other because that's not something I'm willing to argue given the enormous scope that could entail and how arbitrary that would be; we're most likely going to be biased with our proofs; and because at the end of the day it's all evil anyway. Having said that, you're free to assume what you like, but keep in mind that a lesser evil is still an evil.

Well, my usual spots are basically the places you see me at all the time (OT). A place outside my usual spot might be something like Facebook. So, just to list that case, if I posted a drawing on my feed, I'd have to deal with the scrutiny of a person I haven't seen since the fourth grade who wants to call me out on perpetuating images that undermine women or something, as well as her friends cheering with statements like "tear him apart!" and "check your privilege." Other cases end up having school children calling me a filthy gringo while jacking off to the NFL.

Yeah, the same's happened when I tried to explain Christianity to an atheist here in OT some two years ago. Point is, whenever someone posts a sarcastic statement like that and you reply thinking you're going to educate someone (in other words, seriously) you'll end up talking to a brick wall. I'll just go ahead and tell you the best piece of advice I got after that:

Kanye West wrote:

lol welcome to OT
B1rd

SaigonAlice wrote:

Wait, I remember now, weren't you the guy calling minorities "lazy attention whores"? lol I deeply apologise for being born a minority aka a lazy attention whore. Anyway, moving on.
Seems pretty true, people who like to brag about their 'minority status' like it's some kind of privileges usually are lazy attention whores. Nice job at not being a typical SJW and providing the reference and not taking anything out of context though. oh wait.

SaigonAlice wrote:

But in the end, you can't really compare a few mistakes to the rampant and consistent oppression of minorities, which has always been far more violent. Let's give a LONG list.
Nice citation that proves literally nothing that you just said.

SaigonAlice wrote:

Also please look at this thread. As you can see, I was trying to educate Riince, Khel, Friendan about LGBQTIA in a polite, unpretentious and calm manner. I was not 'undermining' them in anyway, although I did make a "lel u plebians" joke out of casual jest. Yet they still continued to insult people's sexualities and genders and making dry SJW jokes till the break of dawn. So you see, coddling homo/bi/transphobic people really accomplishes nothing. (And hey, thanks posters on that thread for proving my point.)
So these racist, homophobic, transphobic evil people continued to make jokes that were offensive to you, while you, out of the kindness of your heart, was trying to educate them about the complex subject of Tumbler sexualities? How barbaric. My sincere condolences.
silmarilen
making jokes about minorities does not instantly mean you're [insert minority here]phobic or whatever term they use for that nowadays.
i make racist jokes because i like having a laugh, not because im going to deny a person a seat on a bus based on their skin color.

i even insult and make jokes of certain things ("minorities") that im a part of myself, you're only making your own life less enjoyable if you get offended because other people make jokes.
Astrofiziks
hey guys what's up
Friendan
I thought you were chu chu attention whore gay furry or whatever his name is because of that avatar and your sig.
Should have set your avatar as 1 Fox 2 Babies or whatever it's called.
Astrofiziks

Friendan wrote:

I thought you were chu chu attention whore gay furry or whatever his name is because of that avatar and your sig.
shit i've been caught
Vuelo Eluko

Friendan wrote:

Should have set your avatar as 1 Fox 2 Babies or whatever it's called.
that comic is legendary

did you see the sequel yet? its on exh

search the artist
Astrofiziks

Riince wrote:

that comic is legendary

search the artist
my body will never be ready : (
Friendan

Riince wrote:

that comic is legendary

search the artist
I haven't seen the sequel because I'm not a furry.
Maenen
astro always manages to attract all the bad fanfiction but this is on a whole other level of terribleness
-SayaKai
And no pp and -1quad rank
Offended
peppy is a lewd lover who loves fancy graphic with jizz