forum

Motoi Sakuraba - The True Mirror

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JuanCR2912
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on domingo, 4 de septiembre de 2016 at 5:13:13 p. m.

Artist: Motoi Sakuraba
Title: The True Mirror
Source: Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
Tags: videogame instrumental soundtrack battle cards
BPM: 97
Filesize: 4047kb
Play Time: 02:34
Difficulties Available:
  1. Advanced (2.82 stars, 207 notes)
  2. First-timers (1.34 stars, 114 notes)
  3. Standard (1.84 stars, 146 notes)
  4. Ultimate Magnus (3.81 stars, 339 notes)
Download: Motoi Sakuraba - The True Mirror
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Is my first beatmap!

Enjoy it!
Lumael
Well man, there's a lot to be improved in this beatmap, to start, the bpm is 195(maybe 194, 194,5, didn't timed properly) not 50 :/
Topic Starter
JuanCR2912

LucaSA4 wrote:

Well man, there's a lot to be improved in this beatmap, to start, the bpm is 195(maybe 194, 194,5, didn't timed properly) not 50 :/

I understand that my previous bpm was wrong, so I decided to change it to 97 (195 was very fast for what I needed)

I hope you understand :)
Hiyori
Hey! From #modreq

GENERAL:

SPOILER
📍 I think the bmp, Slider Velocity and tick rate should be like this:

📍 Try to ask others about the bpm and offset too. Just to make sure.
If you do as above, make sure to resnap all notes

📍 Remove the true mirror Motoi Sakuraba from tags

📍 Uncheck all of this:

📍 Your hitsound is too loud try reducing it to 30 or 50.

📍 Fix ur audio since this is unrankable:

💿 Fix all of the metadata above then ask me via pm i-game or forum so I can mod for you again. Good luck on mapping. :)
Topic Starter
JuanCR2912

Hiyori wrote:

Hey! From #modreq

GENERAL:

SPOILER
📍 I think the bmp, Slider Velocity and tick rate should be like this: Done

📍 Try to ask others about the bpm and offset too. Just to make sure. Done
If you do as above, make sure to resnap all notes

📍 Remove the true mirror Motoi Sakuraba from tags Done

📍 Uncheck all of this: Done

📍 Your hitsound is too loud try reducing it to 30 or 50. Done

📍 Fix ur audio since this is unrankable: Done

💿 Fix all of the metadata above then ask me via pm i-game or forum so I can mod for you again. Good luck on mapping. :)
Arusamour
Standard Magnus (1.72 stars, 128 notes) Mod
[General]

First and far most the important first step of mapping is to get the timing right. I won't go out of my way to try to time this because I'm a terrible timer but this map has the wrong offsets and maybe even the wrong bpm. If you need help figuring out the bpm, Here is the link, you can request another person to time your map. This is a link to teach yourself how to time.

Try to place circles that plays with the rhythm of the music instead of making your own.

The map is too linear and doesn't have good flow. Here is the link to learning flow.

The spacing needs to be consistent. Most of the time i see circles placed like 00:57:319 (4,5,6,7,8,1), 02:00:103 (1,2,3,4,5,6), and 02:15:566 (9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2)

Anyways, just keep mapping more and more and I'm sure you will get the hang of it. It's A LOT better than my first map.
koliron
(Spanish/English Mod)

Hola!

Vengo a hacerte un Mod general

• General
  1. no sé que tan bien esta acabar el mapa donde lo acabaste, cuando comienza a reducir el volumen de la música coloca bien el Spin y ya...
  2. la dificultad avanza muy brusco, por ejemplo, la Easy tiene CS 2 y la normal CS 4, yo te recomiendo un intermedio algo como 2,5 y 3,5 por lo menos, así con todo, busca que encaje con la dificultad (y NUNCA uses CS 5 (al menos no lo recomiendo, mods CtB como yo te van a matar), en general reduce los CS y sube muy ligeramente el AR
  3. Offset: 700~
  4. BPM: 97.1 (97 para redondear, esta bien)
  5. Song setup -> Design -> Enable countdown - OFF
  6. Básicamente debes re acomodar todo, no es por ser malo pero creo que no vi nada bien acomodado con el ritmo (bien sea por el offset).
GL ^^
Topic Starter
JuanCR2912

koliron wrote:

(Spanish/English Mod)

Hola!

Vengo a hacerte un Mod general

• General
  1. no sé que tan bien esta acabar el mapa donde lo acabaste, cuando comienza a reducir el volumen de la música coloca bien el Spin y ya... Corregido
  2. la dificultad avanza muy brusco, por ejemplo, la Easy tiene CS 2 y la normal CS 4, yo te recomiendo un intermedio algo como 2,5 y 3,5 por lo menos, así con todo, busca que encaje con la dificultad (y NUNCA uses CS 5 (al menos no lo recomiendo, mods CtB como yo te van a matar), en general reduce los CS y sube muy ligeramente el AR Corregido(hice lo que pude sin alterar la dificultad)
  3. Offset: 700~ hecho
  4. BPM: 97.1 (97 para redondear, esta bien) :D
  5. Song setup -> Design -> Enable countdown - OFF Sorry(es que quiero avisar el comienzo del mapa)
  6. Básicamente debes re acomodar todo, no es por ser malo pero creo que no vi nada bien acomodado con el ritmo (bien sea por el offset).
    (re-acomodado)
GL ^^
Easy
Found you in #modreqs!

• First-timers

00:05:647 (1) - Reversing that many times in an easy map isn't really a good thing.

00:11:215 (1,2) - Please don't overlap like this if you can help it. Easy maps shouldn't have overlapping like this.

00:14:308 (1,2,3,4) - THEN you go all the way across the map! EW

00:16:782 (5) - Can you be a bit more creative instead of going back and forth like this in the first part already..

00:18:638 (1,2,3,4,5) - If this is going to work at all, please space them out with higher distance snap so there isn't any overlapping.

00:21:730 (1,2) - Please make 2 a perfect arch if u can!

00:27:916 (1,2,3,4) - Copy paste much?

00:30:390 (5,6) - NO! A circle on the opposite end of a slider is something you would find in insane maps, and rarely in hard maps! Fix this!!

00:32:864 (1,2,3) - Going back up.......

Overall.. I'll stop modding this here. If you don't think this counts as a good mod, then no need to give me any kudosu, but this map seems so "old style" that I doubt it would get ranked. There are countless errors, and you need to brush up your style by asking people about mapping, looking at others maps, and fixing your own hopefully, or making a better one for a different song. Overall, I would highly recommend a remap, and taking your time to realize what kind of mapping everyone else wants to play.

If this post seems too rude, I'm sorry. I'm just expressing how I feel about this map, and that I don't even want to mod further because this map doesn't look that good to me at all. Good luck getting better ;)
Topic Starter
JuanCR2912

Lolipop wrote:

Found you in #modreqs!

SPOILER
  • First-timers

00:05:647 (1) - Reversing that many times in an easy map isn't really a good thing.

00:11:215 (1,2) - Please don't overlap like this if you can help it. Easy maps shouldn't have overlapping like this.

00:14:308 (1,2,3,4) - THEN you go all the way across the map! EW

00:16:782 (5) - Can you be a bit more creative instead of going back and forth like this in the first part already..

00:18:638 (1,2,3,4,5) - If this is going to work at all, please space them out with higher distance snap so there isn't any overlapping.

00:21:730 (1,2) - Please make 2 a perfect arch if u can!

00:27:916 (1,2,3,4) - Copy paste much?

00:30:390 (5,6) - NO! A circle on the opposite end of a slider is something you would find in insane maps, and rarely in hard maps! Fix this!!

00:32:864 (1,2,3) - Going back up.......

Overall.. I'll stop modding this here. If you don't think this counts as a good mod, then no need to give me any kudosu, but this map seems so "old style" that I doubt it would get ranked. There are countless errors, and you need to brush up your style by asking people about mapping, looking at others maps, and fixing your own hopefully, or making a better one for a different song. Overall, I would highly recommend a remap, and taking your time to realize what kind of mapping everyone else wants to play.

If this post seems too rude, I'm sorry. I'm just expressing how I feel about this map, and that I don't even want to mod further because this map doesn't look that good to me at all. Good luck getting better ;)

I appreciate the honesty to improve. :)

I've been fixing errors as:
changing the overlapping notes, trying to be more creative, avoiding the copy-paste, etc. :|

I will slowly learning to properly map

:D Thanks for the mod :D
Byza
Hey!

From #Spanish modqueue.
I feel that your map needs "general modding" in each difficulty, so, instead of telling you what notes/sliders/pattern could be strange, I prefer to show you some "rules" and "guidelines" that you may have not followed. No porque tu mapa sea mejor o peor, sino porque hay ciertas cosas que parecen "ser tu estilo" pero que no se ajustan a lo que normalmente se suele rankear. Intentaré hacerlo en inglés, pero como mi vocabulario es mejor en español... iré cambiando.

General:

Your mapping style is quite old-school :P Not that I don't like, but it is unlikely rankable nowadays. I feel your love for simmetry, lol :P
On the other side, I feel like you are overusing Kiai Time, aren't you? quiero decir, se supone que Kiai Time se usa para el climax del mapa, pero... has usado dos... y en zonas que, pese a que son iguales, no tiene mucho sentido usarlo. O eso me ha parecido. Te dejo aqui la página de la wiki sobre el Kiai Time https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Kiai_Time

Insane

1. Combos are a bit messed up. Some are too long, some are too short and usually out of their natural placement. Try to stick combos to the "musical phrase". It's really important to place them in the strong beat (big white beat).
  2. Try to avoid sliders starting on "blue beats" and "red beats", unless you really feel there is a real need of using them. Si la música no hace ningún contratiempo, entonces el mapa no tendría que tenerlos, sobre todo con los sliders. Se vuelve muy antinatural clicarlos
  3. Spacing is really weird, and I get that your mapping style is quite different, but I feel you will never get this ranked if you don't try to adjust the space between notes. If you are new to mapping, I recommend you using the "distance snap" option in the editor. With that, you will eventually get used to the space you should use, and then, adjust it to your own style. Normalmente, el espaciado entre las notas "se relaciona" con el tiempo que tienes para llegar a las notas, asi que suele ser bastante regular. Es decir, que a no ser que lo hagas a propósito, normalmente la distancia entre las notas es equidistante. Esto suele ser así, excepto cuando se hace un jump/antijump, etc que básicamente es eso, modificar la distancia entre las notas "porque la canción te lo pide". Es algo que los mappers novatos no suelen hacer bien. Te dejo aqui la página de la wiki sobre espaciado https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Spacing
  4. Patterns: Your map is kind of funny when it comes to this, as your patterns are usually symmetrical. That's nice, but you need to learn when to repeat/copy&paste a pattern. For example, 00:05:647 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15) - is a nice view, but when you play it, it can become quite boring and unpleasant.
  5. Timing: You try to follow your patterns in order to map, but when you do it, some notes get "out of the beat". For example: 00:11:680 (1,2,3,4) - You put those in a perfect symmetrical pattern, but it doesn't follow the beat. Everytime you place a note/slider/whatever, look WHEN are you placing it, in the bar above. Look that one:

Do you see that? The sliders aren't well timed, and when you try to play that, it seems very weird and out of time.
    00:18:638 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - also,
    00:21:730 (1,2,3,4,5) - or that one
    La idea sería utilizar el tiempo (marcado con lineas blancas) y los contratiempos 1/2 y 1/4 (lineas azules y rojas respectivamente) en función del ritmo de la música. Si colocas notas y sliders fuera del sitio donde suenan, será imposible jugar el mapa. Intenta guiarte con las marcas (pantallazo abajo)

I feel like it's better to keep this mod a bit short, I prefer not to overwhelm you. Try to follow the basic rules of the wiki: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/How_to_Get_Your_Map_Ranked , here https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Mapping_Techniques and in more places of the wiki. I know its harsh to do aaaaall that just for a ranked map... but that is one of the reasons why ranking maps is difficult. :P

When you need more modding, please ask. It's a really nice song choice, btw.
Mandame un MP si necesitas algo.
Topic Starter
JuanCR2912

Byza wrote:

Hey!

SPOILER
From #Spanish modqueue.
I feel that your map needs "general modding" in each difficulty, so, instead of telling you what notes/sliders/pattern could be strange, I prefer to show you some "rules" and "guidelines" that you may have not followed. No porque tu mapa sea mejor o peor, sino porque hay ciertas cosas que parecen "ser tu estilo" pero que no se ajustan a lo que normalmente se suele rankear. Intentaré hacerlo en inglés, pero como mi vocabulario es mejor en español... iré cambiando.

General:

Your mapping style is quite old-school :P Not that I don't like, but it is unlikely rankable nowadays. I feel your love for simmetry, lol :P
On the other side, I feel like you are overusing Kiai Time, aren't you? quiero decir, se supone que Kiai Time se usa para el climax del mapa, pero... has usado dos... y en zonas que, pese a que son iguales, no tiene mucho sentido usarlo. O eso me ha parecido. Te dejo aqui la página de la wiki sobre el Kiai Time https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Kiai_Time Ya hay menos kiai Time que antes

Insane

1. Combos are a bit messed up. Some are too long, some are too short and usually out of their natural placement. Try to stick combos to the "musical phrase". It's really important to place them in the strong beat (big white beat). Hecho
  2. Try to avoid sliders starting on "blue beats" and "red beats", unless you really feel there is a real need of using them. Si la música no hace ningún contratiempo, entonces el mapa no tendría que tenerlos, sobre todo con los sliders. Se vuelve muy antinatural clicarlos ya no empienzan en el blue beat
  3. Spacing is really weird, and I get that your mapping style is quite different, but I feel you will never get this ranked if you don't try to adjust the space between notes. If you are new to mapping, I recommend you using the "distance snap" option in the editor. With that, you will eventually get used to the space you should use, and then, adjust it to your own style. Normalmente, el espaciado entre las notas "se relaciona" con el tiempo que tienes para llegar a las notas, asi que suele ser bastante regular. Es decir, que a no ser que lo hagas a propósito, normalmente la distancia entre las notas es equidistante. Esto suele ser así, excepto cuando se hace un jump/antijump, etc que básicamente es eso, modificar la distancia entre las notas "porque la canción te lo pide". Es algo que los mappers novatos no suelen hacer bien. Te dejo aqui la página de la wiki sobre espaciado https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Spacing Mejor que antes
  4. Patterns: Your map is kind of funny when it comes to this, as your patterns are usually symmetrical. That's nice, but you need to learn when to repeat/copy&paste a pattern. For example, 00:05:647 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15) - is a nice view, but when you play it, it can become quite boring and unpleasant. Hecho
  5. Timing: You try to follow your patterns in order to map, but when you do it, some notes get "out of the beat". For example: 00:11:680 (1,2,3,4) - You put those in a perfect symmetrical pattern, but it doesn't follow the beat. Hecho Everytime you place a note/slider/whatever, look WHEN are you placing it, in the bar above. Look that one:

Do you see that? The sliders aren't well timed, and when you try to play that, it seems very weird and out of time.
    00:18:638 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - also,
    00:21:730 (1,2,3,4,5) - or that one
    La idea sería utilizar el tiempo (marcado con lineas blancas) y los contratiempos 1/2 y 1/4 (lineas azules y rojas respectivamente) en función del ritmo de la música. Si colocas notas y sliders fuera del sitio donde suenan, será imposible jugar el mapa. Intenta guiarte con las marcas (pantallazo abajo) hecho

I feel like it's better to keep this mod a bit short, I prefer not to overwhelm you. Try to follow the basic rules of the wiki: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/How_to_Get_Your_Map_Ranked , here https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Mapping_Techniques and in more places of the wiki. I know its harsh to do aaaaall that just for a ranked map... but that is one of the reasons why ranking maps is difficult. :P

When you need more modding, please ask. It's a really nice song choice, btw.
Mandame un MP si necesitas algo.
DeletedUser_6181859
Hey from my queue.
Oh, sorry for this, but it's really bad map.
How to improve this map?
  1. Read this guide for making nice flow.
  2. Read this guide for making nice sliders and patterns like blanket.
  3. Look at another ranked mapsets.
  4. Fix all overlaps (and DS mistakes in easier diffs).
  5. Always check AIMod.
  6. And... Change timing in this map.
DO NOT GIVE KUDOSU!
Good luck!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.