1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings

posted
I have a question. Why there are no followpoints between two combos? For me that doesnt make sense. It makes them useless since you cant rely on them.
posted

Vesrand wrote:

Why there are no followpoints between two combos? For me that doesnt make sense.
because the purpose of followpoints is to connect the notes in a combo

Vesrand wrote:

It makes them useless since you cant rely on them.
they're pretty much useless anyway (at least nomod, don't know about HD or FL), if you rely on them too much just disable them by making them transparent
posted
They wouldn't be separate combos now would they?
posted
because the purpose of followpoints is to connect the notes in a combo
I can' see any logic in such purpose.

if you rely on them too much just disable them by making them transparent
Then why they even exists in the game?
posted
posted

Vesrand wrote:

I can' see any logic in such purpose.

why they even exists in the game?
a combo is a series of notes
followpoints show how those notes are connected
quite simple really
posted
Followpoints are supposed to help you move inside combo, not betwin them.

If #20k complain about followpoints, then i am done.
If you don't like them, simpy delete from your skin folder:

Any kind of file named followpoint.

Problem solved, i think this topic should be closed right now.
posted
You know, if an element is missing in your skin folder, it will be replaced with the default one. So that doesn't help.

If you want to get rid of your followpoints, use a transparent 1x1 pic named followpoint.png
posted

GoldenWolf wrote:

You know, if an element is missing in your skin folder, it will be replaced with the default one. So that doesn't help.

If you want to get rid of your followpoints, use a transparent 1x1 pic named followpoint.png
U have a point, right.

http://puu.sh/ilZ5d.png

Blank followpoint file.
posted
Followpoints exist so you wouldnt have to rely on your reaction all the time.
But if followpoints were connecting every combo that would completely kill te purpose of having good reaction time, playing would mean relying to your streaming speed a and reading BPM. Boring imo
posted
Followpoints are just useless clutter unless you play AR10+
posted

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Followpoints are just useless clutter unless you play AR10+
Its useful when im playing AR9 without actually paying attention.
posted
I like my followpoints.
posted

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

useless clutter
things people with useless eyes say :^)
posted
I don't see why there needs to be a distinction that followpoints connect combos. What is the point of that? "Combos" are meaningless constructs arbitrary determined by whoever mapped the song. Basically, you just end up with random times where followpoints don't appear when it would be useful.
posted

Philosofikal wrote:

"Combos" are meaningless constructs arbitrary determined by whoever mapped the song.
Only if the mapper sucks.
posted

GoldenWolf wrote:

Philosofikal wrote:

"Combos" are meaningless constructs arbitrary determined by whoever mapped the song.
Only if the mapper sucks.
You know, because there is only one honest and true way to set combos in a song, right?

A combo means nothing, other than the mapper going "I like grouping these notes together". What purpose does it serve to not have a followpoint between combos? It would make just as much sense to only have a followpoint between combos.
posted
I can play just fine with or without them, then again i hardly ever play above ar 9
posted

Philosofikal wrote:

I don't see why there needs to be a distinction that followpoints connect combos. What is the point of that? "Combos" are meaningless constructs arbitrary determined by whoever mapped the song. Basically, you just end up with random times where followpoints don't appear when it would be useful.
Indeed. You've got the point.
In fact we have them when we dont need them. But when we need them the most they doesnt show because there is new combo.
posted

Vesrand wrote:

In fact we have them when we dont need them. But when we need them the most they doesnt show because there is new combo.
You are quite wrong about that. Only reason you think you really need it when theres no followpoint is because when it appears on screen it gives you general idea of where you are supposed to look but when its not there you actually have no idea where will it appear and have to look for it.

Dont dismiss followpoints as useless without even knowing that you use them all the time (consciously or unconsciously i dont really care).
show more
Please sign in to reply.