forum

Don't you think combos are stupid on songs?

posted
Total Posts

Combo or Accuracy for scoring?

Combo
50.39%
Accuracy
49.61%
Total votes: 129
show more
Floob
Combos are dumb. Acc is everything.
Yuudachi-kun

Floob wrote:

Combos are dumb. Acc is everything.
I disagree.
I Give Up
Yes it is stupid because you can override your score with one that gives less pp yet very difficult to beat because most misses were near the start. That's why I don't submit any more FCs below 98%.

buny wrote:

a 70% acc with full combo shouldn't be worth more than a 99.9% acc with two half combos due to one break
DahplA
Accuracy is useless without combo, and vice versa. Although it's combo>accuracy.
Yuudachi-kun

DahplA wrote:

Accuracy is useless without combo, and vice versa. Although it's combo>accuracy.
Jesus1412 would like a word with you.
-Makishima S-
Burn this OP
Where is option "Both"?

Combo and Acc are both important.
There is literany no reason to tryhard any song when you don't have combo.
This game could be boring without combo and a little frustration when you do "xx" repeats becouse you got sliderbreak.
Playing only for acc without worring about your movement, coordination, consistency?

Also

I always have, as I recently got an A rank, that was scored below my previous B rank, thanks to scoring by combo. On the A rank my mistakes were spread out, where as my B rank I just botched a section near the end. Thanks to combo, A ranks can be worth less than a B. It's counter intuitive. Now accuracy is the way to go imo.
Cry less and play more.
DahplA

Kheldragar wrote:

DahplA wrote:

Jesus1412 would like a word with you.
Once in a lifetime opportunity right there.
_entropic
Both are important and the value of each depends on the map: like It's jumpiness, streaminess , speediness as well as its cs, od, ar... and so on.
But just from personal preference, if I had to choose one, I'd say accuracy>combo
The Gambler
When ppl say pp>fun

I smell eSport mentality coming...
Vuelo Eluko
some people find getting pp fun
but i find the kinds of maps that have to be played to get pp very unfun
KanoSet
if u accurate u get combos
more accuracy = more combos
Vuelo Eluko
you can sac accuracy for combo though by spamming.
common tactic tbh
Barusamikosu

Riince wrote:

but i find the kinds of maps that have to be played to get pp very unfun
Yuudachi-kun
I find it fun.
Valedict
Nothing overly impressive about getting an FC with bad accuracy. They go hand in hand, but I think accuracy is more important and should be weighed far more than combo.

i bash keys tho not circles so \:D/
The Gambler
And just to nail the coffin on this thread,

This belongs in Surveys, as it is a very generalized, emotional and possibly loaded, question.
Varetyr

The Gambler wrote:

This belongs in Surveys
This is gameplay related, and I'm pretty sure people care a little about it. At least enough not to shitpost in it, which means it's probably not as bad as half of the threads going on.

also :

buny wrote:

combo is more important, but it is way too punishing to break a combo

a 70% acc with full combo shouldn't be worth more than a 99.9% acc with two half combos due to one break
Amen.
Mahogany

The Gambler wrote:

it is a very generalized, emotional and possibly loaded, question.
Not to mention a biased poll
The Gambler

Mahoganytooth wrote:

The Gambler wrote:

it is a very generalized, emotional and possibly loaded, question.
Not to mention a biased poll
Amen to that.

OT: If it is about the G&R aspect then it should be an opinion on what is harder to achieve: Combo or Acc. OP himself declared his opinion rather than sparking a new discussion

OT#2: I have gotten several S-ranks that don't mean shit to my pp due to combo break in the middle. Combo is definitely not stupid.
Insyni
I agree with the people saying both.

Combo Importance: A song could have a million easy parts but one hard part. You would end up breaking combo in the hard part even though you had high accuracy.

Accuracy Importance: You could just be getting one random slider break every time you play a song at random places. Even though you are able to read the song well, it just makes it an annoying grind for that one time you don't make a tiny mistake.
Fatal015
Holding a combo is what makes this game fun and rage inducing.
ZenithPhantasm
Combos are what make it hard to focus on acc. I find it unfair that pp rewards 90% FCs more than 99% 1x miss
pandaBee
I think holding combo is a lot easier than accuracy most of the time. Think of it this way: you can high combo with low acc, but having high acc in general usually entails a good combo buildup.
ZenithPhantasm
You could mash high combo but cant mash high acc unless you play low OD
pandaBee

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

You could mash high combo but cant mash high acc unless you play low OD
The OD would have to be pretty terribly low for true mashing to be accurate. I'd mash your OD, if you catch my drift
FlyingKebab
IMO getting a non FC with 99%+ acc is more satisfying for me at least. Though I never play a map more than once. Retrying 50 times just for some PP feels like I am wasting time. But this game was always more about combo and will always be so, sad really, even though it is called a rhythm game \(:D)/
Zaruhohl

FlyingKebab wrote:

But this game was always more about combo and will always be so
Not if scoreboards change and they favor pp. no more gangsta DT sliderbreaks.
-sev
It's a rhythm game based on aim. Combo is more important.
Karuta-_old_1
Nothing overly impressive about getting an FC with bad accuracy
I would be impressed if someone can FC a map with C

At least I don't have to worry about accuracy as much as I have to in osumania!
DropPopCandy
Combo is infinitely more important as it's the thing that gives you your points.
The Gambler

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

At least I don't have to worry about accuracy as much as I have to in osumania!
Not exactly FC but you get my drift...
autoteleology
Consistency is king in this game, one way or another.
Tamako Lumisade
There are maps, where I have 99.66% acc, but it isn't fc. Hovewer, I still got some peppy points. My the biggest struggle with 1-2 random misses.

Just saying. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yuudachi-kun

Husky wrote:

There are maps, where I have 99.66% acc, but it isn't fc. Hovewer, I still got some peppy points. My the biggest struggle with 1-2 random misses.

Just saying. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Depends on the OD and how high your combo was in proportion to max combo.
woqx

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

it's 780/782 but i'd still call that an fc

and i do think it's pretty impressive