forum

What is the established way to improve skill the fastest?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mostbrainwhyyes
Is it by playing above your level, or by being a perfectionist, or by having fun, or just playing a little above your level til you adjust?
woqx

mostbrainwhyyes wrote:

Is it by playing more?
yes
The Gambler
Read sticky:

t/187364

Play efficiently, and set goals for yourself. Use your Collections feature if you have; that's why it exists.

Beatmap editor is also handy. Tweak map aspects for training purposes and reset to original afterwards.

And contrary to popular belief, patience is your best friend, along with stress management, physical exercise, healthy diets and SLEEP.
ZenithPhantasm
Play a little bit above your level like the stuff you can almost FC.
Playing stuff way above your level leads to mashing
Yuudachi-kun
Fcing maps that are a real challenge to fc.

Source : me
Deva

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Play a little bit above your level like the stuff you can almost FC.
Playing stuff way above your level leads to mashing
But leads to developing abnormal speed for your rank.
If you are sure you can fix the mashing part later i highly recommend playing maps above your level (not ones you can barely get 30% one).
In case you cant then just fallow tip i quoted above, its the best one you can find.
Corim
there is no "established" way to improve the fastest because everyone improves in different ways

play the game, experiment and try and find out how you in particular improve

what works for other people may not work for you, because everyone's different
The Gambler

HK_ wrote:

But leads to developing abnormal speed for your rank..
I'm a living testament of that...
Yuudachi-kun

The Gambler wrote:

HK_ wrote:

But leads to developing abnormal speed for your rank..
What's wrong with speed?
The Gambler

Kheldragar wrote:

What's wrong with speed?
Snap too hard = miss
Deva

The Gambler wrote:

Im one too but for me with abnormal speed came abnormal inconsistency and im still trying to fix it...
The Gambler

HK_ wrote:

Im one too but for me with abnormal speed came abnormal inconsistency and im still trying to fix it...
The moment you couldn't FC a 4 star song and 25k... Very sad life.
Yuudachi-kun

The Gambler wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

What's wrong with speed?
Snap too hard = miss
Confirmed

YES I AM STILL MAD ABOUT THIS
Deva

The Gambler wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

What's wrong with speed?
Snap too hard = miss
But snapping too hard would mean that you cant control speed you have.
Not being able to control speed is same as not having it at all, when i started playing i could swing around my mouse just as hard as i can now but that doesnt mean i had any idea of what i was doing.
Speed = max speed you know what you are doing with.
So yea...
The Gambler
And just like that, only the first 5 posts had anything helpful.
Deva

The Gambler wrote:

HK_ wrote:

The moment you couldn't FC a 4 star song and 25k... Very sad life.
Well my top rank (4,3*) could have been SS but at 3/4 my hands went like "lol nope, whe should start shaking as hard as we can so he could get few misses"
Almost made me cry. It was also my first play on that map ;_;
And...thats not the only case either ;_;
Yuudachi-kun

The Gambler wrote:

And just like that, only the first 5 posts had anything helpful.
MOURN WITH ME OVER MY MISS
pandaBee
Make sure to develop good technique before going ham
Yuudachi-kun
Crendor refers to this as "hard in the paint"
Deva

Kheldragar wrote:

Crendor refers to this as "hard in the paint"
Isnt the standard playmore enough anymore?
The Gambler
Should make a youtube video on how to train efficiently.
Crymore13
Play more.

Yuudachi-kun
Mine only goes back 184 days.

-Makishima S-
But leads to developing abnormal speed for your rank.
If you are sure you can fix the mashing part later i highly recommend playing maps above your level (not ones you can barely get 30% one).
In case you cant then just fallow tip i quoted above, its the best one you can find.
First of all - Passing a map != (doesn't mean) Playing a map.
Most of people here can shitpass buttonmash way higer maps but that lead to literaly nothing, exept realy hard to deal with bad habits.
You don't need abnormal speed at any rank, you need proper aim and accuracy at first point, being able to handle high bpm (200 and above) comes with literaly "play more and progress".

Button mashing is i think worst possible and at same time hardest to deal with bad habit in Osu, you cannot "just like this" not button mash becouse every faster / more complicated pattern will immidiatly make you faceroll keyboard in order to lucky hit circles.

You don't need mods to progress up to 4-digit (i am not sure but i think even up to 3-digit) rank.
Use search engine properly, for example: star>=4 star<4.1 - pick maps, fc few of them (including some with complicated patterns), incerase range and go on.
If you at 3 star range start playing 4.5* insane maps, believe me or not - you are not gonna go far with this, at ceratin point you will quit becouse of being unable to play at all.
Deva

[Taiga] wrote:

First of all - Passing a map != Playing a map.
Last time i checked my dictionary playing still meant playing.

Most of people here can shitpass buttonmash way higer maps but that lead to literaly nothing, exept realy hard to deal with bad habits.
Just a personal opinion.

You don't need abnormal speed at any rank.
Personal opinion.

Button mashing is i think worst possible and at same time hardest to deal with bad habit in Osu, you cannot "just like this" not button mash becouse every faster / more complicated pattern will immidiatly make you faceroll keyboard in order to lucky hit circles.
Personal opinion.

You don't need mods to progress up to 4-digit.
Personal opinion.

If you at 3 star range start playing 4.5* insane maps, believe me or not - you are not gonna go far with this.
Personal opinion.

at ceratin point you will quit becouse of being unable to play at all.
Only reason quitting this game crossed my mind was because i stoped playing for fun and trying so hard to FC maps. I dont find FCing fun so thats just just another of your personal opinions. And please stop forcing your opinions on others. Even if majority agrees with it that doesnt mean its right.
Mahogany
If you're having trouble so much as passing the map, then you're mashing and not playing.

It's proven that spamming maps too hard will make you awful again.

Abnormal speed does nothing for you, and hinders development if you don't play slower maps too.

Button mashing is literally not playing the game

You absolutely do not need mods to progress to 4-digit stars. If you think you do, then you're bad and need to go back to playing 3.5* maps. You can get as far as like rank 2k nomod (Probably further but idk), you don't fucking need mods at your level. I don't need mods to rank, so you definitely don't.

You will not progress by playing stuff way too hard for you.

You will eventually become unable to progress and that's universally frustrating to everyone.

Those aren't opinions, they're mostly proven facts.
show more