forum

[Archived] 3 different bugs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X
1. a mouse cursor bug. When the mouse disappears during a break period, the mouse does not always automatically re-appear when the preak period ends, and you have notes to hit with no cursor untill you move the cursor around a bit.

2. When osu! is loading a new beatmap, the current song playing is forgotten in the playlist's history and replaced with the newly loaded one.

3. Switching audio sources, from headset to speakers, or vise-versa causes osu! to drop from about 1000 fps to about 7 until osu! is re-started, and also causes no sound to be outputted on ether end.
The speakers are set-up to the back standard 3.5 mm stereo jack, the the headset to the standard 3.5 mm stero jack on the front panel
I have a similar problem with CoD5, without lag and a bit different sound sourcing issue, but overall the same thing, not able to switch between the 2 while running the the application.

Sorry if these bugs have already been reported, but I've noticed the first 2 bugs for a while, especially the 2nd one.

Using directx mode, unlimited FPS, 1600 x 1200 fullscreen forced 85 Hertz with Refreshlock
Windows 7 64-bit, all latest hotfixes
AMD 965
Nvidia 9800 GTX, driver ver. 8.17.12.5721, also numbered 257.21
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1260686

I believe I noticed the first 2 bugs on my other much older intel P4 /nvidia 4200/winxp 32-bit system
anonymous_old
1 has been reported but hasn't been reliably reproduced. In other words, we don't know the cause, thus can't make a fix for it yet.

2 is intentional. If you want to continue listening to the song, go to the main menu before the map loads.

3, I've only experienced crashes when switching devices (i.e. unplugging and plugging). (I rarely switch anyway, and my sound card is really quirky when it comes to showing devices (it thinks I have five enabled and another eight or so unplugged and three disabled, even though I only have six jacks, with one holding my headphones and another holding my mic...) I don't have multiple output devices to test, though.
mm201
3. sounds like a hardware issue, since osu! is completely oblivious to the destination of its audio.

In my day, we switch audio sources by swapping jacks. I'm not familiar with your setup but presumably this is happening in software? Could the audio tool be eating CPU for a moment? Stopping the driver?
Kitsunemimi

strager wrote:

2 is intentional. If you want to continue listening to the song, go to the main menu before the map loads.
He means from the 'history' so you can't go to the main menu and press F1 (previous), it'll just play the song from before before, or doesn't do anything if there isn't one.... I find it annoying sometimes.

strager wrote:

3, I've only experienced crashes when switching devices (i.e. unplugging and plugging). (I rarely switch anyway, and my sound card is really quirky when it comes to showing devices (it thinks I have five enabled and another eight or so unplugged and three disabled, even though I only have six jacks, with one holding my headphones and another holding my mic...) I don't have multiple output devices to test, though.
Unplugging my headphones does nothing no matter how much I do it. I'm using a laptop though. And some really random sound card.
awp
osu! has a hissy fit (runs at 7fps, plays sound extremely slow/choppy) on my laptop when I'm playing around with my audio output source. I don't blame osu! however, since the bug requires me to be swapping output sources, and rebooting osu! fixes the problem anyway. Actually, sometimes the audio will fix itself if I spam Retry on a beatmap.